• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

XANID (The Platformer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought there's enough lights?

There's enough light! :D it brings a underground effect. but what you need now is actually the object that makes the light. like a spot light or a lamp. this kind of stuff.

well, dunno if it's just the anims, but milkshape also doesn't import bones.
So I'm not sure where I have to place them. But I might ask DonDustin about that, he's
very helpful, and maybe he knows an answer.

why don'T you simply ask Dan Van Ohllus ? he's a really nice guy.. he just doesn't like to take request. Perhaps he could help you.

hmm, but there is a little problem with the texture. He has a very big eye, and how should
I make it that it looks like he sleeps?

Use a custom texture made by Mr.Goblin ? :3

why don'T you simply ask Dan Van Ohllus ? he's a really nice guy.. he just doesn't like to take request. Perhaps he could help you.
Hmm, yes, but I prefer talking to someone whos in the chat, and speaks my language
(and ofc is quite good in this stuff). So my only choice can be DonDustin :p
(Only problem is, that he's afk the whole time >/ )

Use a custom texture made by Mr.Goblin ? :3
:D
Yea, that would be awesome! :D
You just have to add a second textur of the weedle doo, with a closed eye, and
I can simply add a changeable textur via model editor!

Level 5
I just noticed that it's Waddle Dee model I am using with Waddle Doo texture. I have no idea when I did that. (obviously before I started working on XANID.)

hmm, but there is a little problem with the texture. He has a very big eye, and how should
I make it that it looks like he sleeps?
Well, making it sit down, then close eye. That "Zzz.." can be added as special effect in-game.

There's enough light! :D it brings a underground effect. but what you need now is actually the object that makes the light. like a spot light or a lamp. this kind of stuff.
I totally forgot about those (embarrasing). Will do.

And Dan Van Ohllus's signature clearly says no requests. That's the reason I didn't ask. Plus now he told he can't really do that.

You might love these models.

They are all made by Callahan, released in his Genesia Pack.
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=108936

you might would like to take a look at it too..

anyway

Can't wait for the new uploaded version.

Attachments

• DrillerKiller.mdx
    8.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Monoculus.mdx
    151.8 KB · Views: 71
  • NewLevelUp.mdx
    6.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Archeologist.mdx
    235.8 KB · Views: 81
Level 5
Updated to 0.0.T.

Those Callahan models look good. But before adding any new enemies, I have to work on the object collision. And oh, oh, oh. Elevators aren't still working, as I noticed it's a bit trickier and needs more time. Though there is only one elevator and it's inactive, so it wouldn't make much difference.

Thank you for the comments, guys!

Awesome, I tried it and it is very nice choice of music. However, I experience some graphics problems and I wonder whether it is the map or my graphics card. =P It worked fine in all your previous demos, until now where it has began to bug out. I have all my model/spell/texture details on high, but I haven't changed it and checked if that made a difference.

I took a screenshot but it doesn't do justice to the amount of whackiness that appears on my screen, the ss only shows a little bit at the center. I feel like I'm playing Silkroad again when I play this. =P (My gfx card sucked terribly back then)

asdfgh.jpg

I'm just curious whether it is just my computer or not.

Oh man... this shit is getting reaally really coool! :3

Love the atmosphere sound and the underwater sound and the splash and the opening/closing door sounds, and the arrows.

you just ingressed by x2 the atmosphere of your game. Now, just need to add a few bubbles from XANID01 when it's under water. AND... again some decoration doodads
-Pipes
-light bolt
-valves
-leaking roof.
-etc.

really really great. keep up the good work!

Level 5
Thanks for comments!

Awesome, I tried it and it is very nice choice of music. However, I experience some graphics problems and I wonder whether it is the map or my graphics card. =P It worked fine in all your previous demos, until now where it has began to bug out. I have all my model/spell/texture details on high, but I haven't changed it and checked if that made a difference.

I took a screenshot but it doesn't do justice to the amount of whackiness that appears on my screen, the ss only shows a little bit at the center. I feel like I'm playing Silkroad again when I play this. =P (My gfx card sucked terribly back then)

View attachment 79252

I'm just curious whether it is just my computer or not.
I have never seen that happening, and I have tested the map many hundred times. Is it like that when you start it? It seems that the particles textures used by the smog of Yelliges is being replaced with 64x64 wall textures. Maybe it's caused by Widgetizer, don't know. I probably upload non-widgetized version later today.

Oh man... this shit is getting reaally really coool! :3

Love the atmosphere sound and the underwater sound and the splash and the opening/closing door sounds, and the arrows.

you just ingressed by x2 the atmosphere of your game. Now, just need to add a few bubbles from XANID01 when it's under water. AND... again some decoration doodads
-Pipes
-light bolt
-valves
-leaking roof.
-etc.

really really great. keep up the good work!
Those bubbles will be added, after I find a model that satisfies me. And decoration only for the final game. I don't really think demonstration needs that, as I need to get only the engine done to get to work on the real game.

Will test now new version.

[Edit]
Tested. Well, I really love those doors. Also, the water sound/effect/music is awesome!
Well, like you already said, elevator doesn't work.

Two questions:
1. Are those 'Slime monsters' slower in water?
2. Are you going to add a bar, which shows you your breath? So you're only able to be a limited time
underwater, otherwise you will lose lifes/you die?

Level 5
Will test now new version.

[Edit]
Tested. Well, I really love those doors. Also, the water sound/effect/music is awesome!
Well, like you already said, elevator doesn't work.

Two questions:
1. Are those 'Slime monsters' slower in water?
2. Are you going to add a bar, which shows you your breath? So you're only able to be a limited time
underwater, otherwise you will lose lifes/you die?
Nice that you like them!

Every object is slower underwater. I don't think XANIDs need to breath, but I'll see what other people think about it. I haven't even decided where I'll show it's health.

Level 9
Umm, I cant go very far, umm after the water there is a arrow up but u cant get up yet (in this demo) right? or can you actualy get further?

Level 1
I'm getting the same graphical bug, which only began appearing in the newest version. I can easily run WC3 on the highest settings, so I doubt it's a graphics card issue. I am using a mac, however, which always seems to have trouble with custom maps.

I've just tested it again just for fun and to give you better feedbacks.

I think you should add a small effect when you get to the orb. Like a small magic explosion or something. Just so it looks BETTER since it's a really useful upgrade.

the effect should be the same color as the orb tought.

Level 5
Lights were ugly. They were "loaded" once their source appeared on screen. That's not what I want. So, I've been battling with that for long time and finally found a solution.

The solution is both good and bad. Good thing is, lights are previewed on map initialization. Bad thing is that it takes about 5 seconds to complete the previewing. So for the first 5 seconds of the game, camera loops through the whole map to view the lights. Some fps drop happens there, but is unnoticeable as the screen is black and soon mouse is invisible.

I will in a day or two upload a new version.

Level 5
I dumped the idea of elevators. Nearly impossible to create due to the retardness of regions. What's the big idea to snap them to grid...

Level 5
As I've started to work on the final game, there will be no more updates to the demo.

However, there is one new screenshot. That's from the final game. :fp:

I'll also mention some stuff:
- Created Pause Menu that can be opened with ESC key. You can resume or quit game from here.
- Lights are now previewed at initialization. This requires Warcraft 3 to view the whole map part by part and that requires some time. Map starts with a short delay.
- Added effect when acquiring an Upgrade Orb.
- Objects out of screen are now disabled, increasing performance.
- Made mouse invisible.
- Increased the closing range of doors to prevent getting inside the activation range while the door was closing.
- Fixed issue with models disappearing near the edge of the screen.

Level 48
Wow. A VERY awesome map. I love that idea, plot is also neat. I could, if you want, make a few "light" models. Kind of like this(I had actually thought more of a "dwarf-like"\old\kerosene\gas lamp, like to indicate the basement might actually be quite old, but I didn't find a good image :|). If you accept my offer I'll make a "working" version and a broken version.

Level 5
Thanks for the feedback!

I really do need models for the light sources and I couldn't find any from the resource section. So of course I'll accept your offer, thanks! Flickering lights would be cool too.

Level 5
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/orb-lightning-106244/?prev=search=orb&d=list&r=20

Orb of Thunder..

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/orb-poison-106245/?prev=search=orb&r=20&d=list

Orb of Earth? (I know it's poison, but since it's green, it could work)

if not simply take the Rock missile from the Boulder spell of the golems..
I want yellow thunder orb, maybe I'll ask General Frank if I can edit the models a bit. And for the earth orb, it should be brown and rockyish. Since the ability you gain from that has something to do with rocks. The rock missile would work, but it's not really shiny enough.

EDIT//: Got permission from General Frank. I have the orbs now.

Last edited:
Level 5
Uploaded a demo version to test collision between objects. Bug reports, please.

FYI, XANID01 flickering means it has been damaged and is currently invincible.

the collision seems fine to me, but you could reduce the kill collision of those slime monsters,
because they are quite easy to kill due to their big collision radius.

but when you enter the green water (poison I think) you flicker all the time, so you can't
be hit by enemies. I think you should remove the flickering through underwaterpoison damage.

Level 5
the collision seems fine to me, but you could reduce the kill collision of those slime monsters,
because they are quite easy to kill due to their big collision radius.

but when you enter the green water (poison I think) you flicker all the time, so you can't
be hit by enemies. I think you should remove the flickering through underwaterpoison damage.
How could I reduce their collision radius? I don't want XANID01 to be standing on it without killing it. Oh, good idea, I'll fix that toxic water. Didn't think about that, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.