• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lotr - The Lost Chapters BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi, this my first released campaign on this site, hope you like it :)!
You can download the beta here, I'm open for sorts of constructive critiscm.

sauron1.jpg

Lord of the Rings; The Lost Chapters.

Note that this is a beta, not the full campaign, so it only includes 1 movie and 3 maps.

Summary; This Campaign focusses on defending villages/cities/fortresses against the hordes of Isengard. The armies marches from Isengard to the south where they come at the West part of Gondor.

Features;
  1. - Experience epic battles between good and bad.
  2. - Make use of 21 unique customized abilities to surive these dark times.
  3. - Defend real-looking villages, cities and fortresses.
  4. - Watch high quality ingame movies.
  5. - Make a stand with your mighty wizard and dozens of allies against the darkness from Isengard.
urukhai02.jpg

Story; "Men to arms! War is upon us."
Deep within the lands of Gondor, on the boundary between Andrast and Pinnath Gelin lies your destiny. This where you're going to make your last stand against Isengard forces.

Credits: PrMosquito, Kitabatake, Lord_T, DarkChaplain, thereinless, General Frank , TKret, Sven, Kuegukecku, Dan van Ohllus, Radagast , DevineArmy , JetFangInferno, Chaosfury, shamanyouranus , Buster, iron_warrior, Callahan, Saikann, Tranquil , EnetheruAnuon, communist_orc, DonDustin, Talon the Mage , funkid2, olofmoleman, HappyTauren, Mr. Bob, Dionesiist, l0w_kwaliti, -SkatinG_CoW- , Born²Modificate, Rondo, Grodosh and Tarn_J.

Attachments

• LOTR1.jpg
    LOTR1.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 537
  • LOTR2.jpg
    LOTR2.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 696
  • LOTR3.jpg
    LOTR3.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 479
  • Lotr- The Lost Chapters_v0.2.w3n
    7 MB · Views: 201
  • Uruk Crossbowman.jpg
    Uruk Crossbowman.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 799
Last edited:
Level 17
Thanks Veljkom for the comment.

*I know that Urukhai don't have round shields, if someone can change they're shields to the urukhai ones, than that would be great. Or maybe an other model for the Urukhai, I need however a weaponless one.
*I like the totem guy.
*And I'm planning to add uruk crossbowmans in a fortress/castle map. I'm still looking for a decent model. I don't like the fell one cause it's to red for an Uruk.
*I will work some more on the terrain than.

Which unit do you think I can use best for the ladders?

Level 18
well here is some criisism to help your map out.

the movie could be better terrain-wise. For instance, Orthanc can be a bit more scaled with the terrain...i suggest using a different camera angle, which exagerates the size of Orthanc...

You could try placing it in between some hills, lowering it a bit, and changing the angle of attack.

also add atmosphere to the movie... like a better fog, some background mountains, and a sky.

Level 18
ahh yes i know, ive done tat before.... i hate that bug.

then maybe leave the model alone, and try and change the camera.
the best camera angles for viewing tall structuresw would be :

Field of View : 70
angle of attack : 6.00 - 15
height offset(z offset) : 500 -1000
distance : 600 -1500

hopefully that help : /

Level 17
How do i play/view the attached file?
, save the zip in your destop (or an other temporially folder you prefer). Use winRar or 7zip (7zip is free to download and virus free if you get it from the main site, google for it). When you have one of the two:
1. Right click on the zipped file you have downloaded here (my campaign) and click 7zip 'extract here' or use extract and choose a folder with winRar.
2. Move the unzipped file to your Warcraft 3 'campaign' folder.
3. Run Warcraft 3 TFT and select 'custom campaigns' and tada, you see a new campaign called LOTR: The Lost Chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.