• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] LOTR: Shadow of Isengard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
LOTR: Shadow of Isengard

Isengard Smaller.jpg

"A new power is rising! Its victory...is at hand! This night, the land will be stained with the blood of Rohan! March to Helm's Deep! Leave none alive! TO WAR! There will be no dawn... for Men!" - Saruman of many colors, The Two Towers.

New Lord of the Rings Map by Marshmalo

[Release date: Soon]
Link to latest version : Coming soon

MAP SUMMARY:
LOTR: Shadow of Isengard is a grand strategy map set shortly after Saruman's betrayal and the industrialisation of Isengard.

It is a non-spawn build map, players can build encampments and train their own armies with resources generated through Control points and lumber harvesting.

It contains events and advanced upgrades similiar to LTA but does not include any faction paths or betrayals. The game is designed to resolve itself in under just one hour, it is not meant to go on for hours.

The victory conditions are simple, destroy all your enemies fortresses to win and claim middle earth for Sauron, or restore it to the Free Peoples. There are five capital fortresses in the game currently but more may be added later, a fortress acts as your factions capital. Not only does losing a capital bring your team closer to defeat but it also has ramifications for your ability to field armies.
The game mainly focuses on the battle between the forces of Isengard and Rohan but also details the struggle between the forces of Dol'Guldor and Mirkwood which we do not get the see in the movies.

FEATURES:

PLAYERS: 9 (May be expanded later)

GAME TYPE: Army building with limited base building

ECONOMY: Control point combined with lumber harvesting (Like in LTA/LTF)

HEROES:
Most heroes do not revive, each player starts off with one but each faction can gain an additional hero through events or special upgrades.

VICTORY CONDITIONS:
Good vs Evil, first side to destroy all enemies major capital cities and fortresses wins the battle for Rohan and Mirkwood.

FORTRESSES: There are currently 5 capital Fortresses ingame: Edoras, Lorien, Helmsdeep, Isengard, Dol'Guldor.

FACTIONS:
Rohan, Rohirrim, Mirkwood Elves, Fellowship, Ents, Saruman's Forces, Dunlainlings, Witchking, Easterlings.

GRAPHICS: HQ textures and buildings but standard quality WC3 models with custom skins. Ability and spell affects will be alot less flashy than games like LTA.

MUSIC: Map contains music extracts from the original LOTR Trillogy Music score by Howard Shore.

SCREENSHOTS:

Orthanc, Isengard
LOTR1.jpg

Dol'Guldor
LOTR3.jpg

Edoras
LOTR5.jpg

Lothlorien

LOTR2.jpg

CREDITS

Major Resource Contributors and special thanks to:
olofmoleman
HerrDave
Fingolfin
Sellenisko
Kuhneghetz
Tranquil
Cihparg
Grodosh
Mike
Thrikodius
I3lackDeath
Kitabatake
eubz
Stefan.K
xorkatoss
MassiveMaster
imforfun
Talavaj
Jhotam
UgoUgo
eubz
JetFangInferno
PeeKay
communist_orc
Remixer
Borric
~Nightmare
epsilon
The_Silent
Blood Raven
Grey Knight
Born2Modificate
Marcos DAB
CRAZYRUSSIAN
PrinceYaser
CloudWolf
Mergly
Marcos DAB

Level 7
I feel like the elves got the best deal. Because they do not have walls that limit them to certain space like the others.

That aside, promising. I suggest putting the credit list and screenshots in hidden tags to make the thread a bit slimmer.

Well this isnt a builder map so being limited to a small area isnt a downside, infact it could actually help as you have tighter choke points to defend. You can't see it here but the elves actually have a rover defending their base to the east.

But thanks for feedback :)

Looks great

Thankyou!

Level 3
It looks great, excellent terrain and great work with the mix of doodads and units/buildings, can't wait to play it

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Hey marshmallow did you recently start making this project? Cause I swear i saw one pretty similar to this made by you. But I think I'm mixing it with your skyrim project thats similair to this. What happened to that if i may ask?

Level 5
Map seemed really cool, has a lot of potential. By far the most beautiful terrain I've ever seen. Definitely the most aesthetically exceptional LOTR map, you can see a lot of time and delicate procedures went into every area of the map. Were you open to suggestions or people helping you with maximizing and creating more unique gameplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.