• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarCraft 3 TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
• The Puzzle-Wagon now has a role; it supports spellcasters
• Wind Dance and Living Armor buff FX have been fixed
• Onslaught now works
• Restoration FX has been changed
• Lycantrauma cost increased significantly to balance out its sheer strength
• Backpacks have been removed from town halls
• Each Conduit has at least 1 spell
• Fixed a problem with the Poisoned Wellspring which caused it to start with 6 Ghostly Priors instead of 5
• For the exception of the Black Legion, each race now starts with 5 workers, three at the Town Hall and 2 gathering gold from the Wellsprings
• Bonewail spell now emits a Banshee scream when cast
• The Battle-Witch caster training icon position has been fixed
• Fixed lag caused by Black Legion (hopefully)

• Shadowbind chains FX fixed
• Poisoned Wellsprings now come directly with 5 Ghostly Priors
• Wolverines cost more
• Snaring Creeper AoE reduced and cooldown increased
• Added moonlight to the Moon Glade
• Fixed a major problem that caused decorative additions to buildings to not get removed when the building was destroyed
• Prayer Cairns and Venerable Trees can now revive heroes
• Soul Crows have been given a price
• Added win/defeat conditions
• Removed lumber cost from Web research
• Removed blight generation from the Astral Conduit
• Reduced the hit points of all caster units

This is a resurrection of a project I abandoned over a year ago and just recently decided to get back to it and finish it. Here's the old thread

There hasn't been any significant change, only additions. I haven't had the time opportunity to truly test it for bugs and leaks so consider this a beta (which is also why I haven't uploaded it to the Maps section). You could say I'm looking for testers. As it stands right now they game has not been balanced, so expect races to be over-powered and under-powered.

Factions:
97153d1296501063-warcraft-iii-total-conversion-holy_empire.jpg

97154d1296501063-warcraft-iii-total-conversion-doom_march.jpg

97155d1296501063-warcraft-iii-total-conversion-black_legion.jpg

97156d1296501063-warcraft-iii-total-conversion-sylvan_alliance.jpg

Heroes:
97919d1297759590-warcraft-iii-total-conversion-holy-empire-champions.jpg

97920d1297759590-warcraft-iii-total-conversion-doom-march-champions.jpg

97921d1297759590-warcraft-iii-total-conversion-black-legion-champions.jpg

97922d1297759590-warcraft-iii-total-conversion-sylvan-alliance-champions.jpg

~=3D MODELS=~

-----UNITS:
Salamander - Hydralisk REVISED -by- Kimberly, Werewolf
Inquisitor - Assassin [crossbowman] -by- Miseracord
Hell Bull - Chaos Tauren -by- Dan van Ohlus
Champion - Mounted Royal Captain -by- Tranquil
Alchemist - Monk -by- Tranquil
Lycantrauma - Ancient of Life -by- Suselishe
Omen Beast - Sc2Corruptor -by- SUPa-
Shard Saurus - Crystal Bronze Dragon -by- Pinachet
Crystal Walker - Crystal Golem -by- Mc !
Flying Bastion - Guilneas Gunship -by- Mephestrial
Pixie Snail - Purple Snail -by- Gottfrei
Holy Sentinel - Runic Object -by- Kirym
Pain Ward - Chaos Banner -by- Pyramidhe@d
Old World Behemoth - Ancient Turtle -by-

-----HEROES:
Baron of Carnage - Hero Molten Overlord -by- Nirvendor
Fallen Angel - Cloaked Warrior -by- HappyTauren
Inquisitor Prime - Human Crossbow Hero -by- Radagast
Blessed Vessel - Templar -by- Callahan
Obelisk - Avelgoth -by- Sheyd
Alpha Wolverine - Werewolf -by- Mc !

-----BUILDINGS:
Infernal Conduit - Altar of Terror -by- General_Frank
Holy Tribunal - Arcane Sanctum -by- Mr.Bob
Faerie Grove Trees - Acathla Mission Pack -by- Abriko
Corrupted Wellspring - Chaos Fountain of Blood -by- MasterHaosis
Summoning Rift Obelisks - Obelisk of Fire -by- Yayoi
Summoning Rift - Void -by- WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Coprruptor - LegionTeleporter -by- Mephestrial
VenerableTree - WindBlownTree -by- HappyTauren
Barrier Lode - Acathla Mission Pack -by- Abriko
Sanguine/Venom Bloom - Pyrolia/Venolia -by- Callahan
Bloom Base - Fungovor -by- Callahan

~=SKINS=~

Infernal Avatar - Magma Firelord -by- Nirvendor
Cultist - Acolyte Cultist -by- 67Chrome
Chain - Chain Skin -by- Callahan

~=FX=~

Hero Glow -by- assassin lord
Aura of Death -by- Dan van Ohlus
Flower Aura -by- Misha
BlackWings -by- Hanza-Ru
GoldDragonMissile -by- KYTON
Bloodshot -by- Devine
Crystal Impale -by- Marcello Hossomi
Orb of Blood -by- General_Frank
ForceGem -by- Rightfield
Prismatic Missile -by- The Swamp Warrior
Ceiling Rays -by- Tranquil
Feast Aura -by- eXciTe
Fanaticism -by- JetFangInferno
Navi -by- Elenai
MindFog -by- JetFangInferno
Soul Armor -by- JetFangInferno
Sound Wave -by- JetFangInferno
dummy -by- Vexorian
PentagramAura -by- Skizzik
RedVampiricAuraTarget -by- JetFangInferno
HolyForce -by- JetFangInferno
Judgement -by- WILL THE ALMIGHTY
JudgementTarget -by- WILL THE ALMIGHTY
CurseBolt -by- WILL THE ALMIGHTY
AncestralGuardianBlue -by- ChevronSeven
Runic Caster -by- ???
Meteor -by- ???
Volcano Ashes -by- PeeKay
Locust Swarm Target -by- shamanyouranus
Guardian Aura -by- EnetheruAnuon
MagicMissile -by- RightField
DeathWave -by- JetFangInferno
Shadowbind -by- shamanyouranus
Nether Inferno -by- ???
Punisher Missile -by- PeeKay

The map right now is pretty large (6mb) and any suggestions that would help me reduce size is welcomed.

Various information you might find useful when trying out the map:
• The map is about 98% done. Only some global spells and testing needed.
• Your hero is selected before you do anything else (you only have 1 hero).
• All heroes have 2 passive skills that level up independently of your actual hero skills.
• I'm afraid I haven't been terribly original with the hero spells :|
• Builders can switch between General building and Defense building.
• More defense infrastructures, like walls.
• There are also global spells from structures called Conduits. (only the Black Legion have a spell at the moment). Any suggestions are welcomed.
• There's only 1 resources, gold, which lore-wise is mana. Regardless, there's no need to chop down trees or anything, you only need gold to build/train/research/upgrade anything.
• All your builders summon like the Undead Acolyte.

Download Here

Last edited:
Holy Empire: All good, but i don't like Inquisitor Prime's models. U can use this for Inquisitor Prime: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=105760
Doom March: Nice, the buildings fit, the units too. Just change Fallen Angel's model. It don't look too ''evil'', try to use this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/astherotiandisciple-blp-204382/?prev=search%3Dangel%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
Black Legion: Necromancers, banshees, spiders and assassins are good for black legion. But why night elf mounted archer and faceless??? And Mistress of the Cabal model don't fits!
Sylvan Alliance: All good, except Snail and Ice golem! The heroes are good, too!

Pretty nice map, keep working on it! ;)

I have one cool suggestion for reducing map size (works perfect for me).
Step 1: Export all textures from your map
Step 2: Use Warcraft 3 Viewer to convert them from .BLP to .TGA, make tga 32 bit not 16
Step 3: Use Warcraft 3 Viewer to convert that .TGA to .BLP and change quality from 85% to 40%-50%
Step 4: Remap old .BLP with new made .BLP
Thats all, for each texture will save about 70% it's size so if u have old size 200KB new will be about 60KB(even less), just imagine 10 textures, saved 1.4MB with small job :D

Holy Empire: All good, but i don't like Inquisitor Prime's models. U can use this for Inquisitor Prime: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=105760
Doom March: Nice, the buildings fit, the units too. Just change Fallen Angel's model. It don't look too ''evil'', try to use this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/astherotiandisciple-blp-204382/?prev=search%3Dangel%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
Black Legion: Necromancers, banshees, spiders and assassins are good for black legion. But why night elf mounted archer and faceless??? And Mistress of the Cabal model don't fits!
Sylvan Alliance: All good, except Snail and Ice golem! The heroes are good, too!

Pretty nice map, keep working on it! ;)
Heh, thanks for the suggestions. Sorry for dissapointing but I don't think I'll be switching the hero models because even though the Inquisitor kinda looks like a pimp (the author even named the model 'pimp' lol) I still need a ranged hero, and I kinda grew attached to this hero model - and I wanted the Fallen Angel to sorta be shrouded in mystery. Still, thanks for the suggestions :)

For the Black Legion the lore here is that it's a faction of vampires that worship extra-dimensional demigods called Eidolons. I use the night elf units to represent the vampires, and the Priors are like male vampires who hold the title of High Priests and such. You could say that just like the night elves, the Black Legion use women to fight and men to do the magic/administrative work. The Mistress of the Cabal is just like a general, you could say. And I don't remember using faceless in the Black Legion :|

Finally, for the sylvan, the golem is actually made of crystal, not ice, which is why it's trained from the Crystal garden along with the Shard Saurus :)

And Pixie Snails are cute, lol. The idea here is to keep the race kinda faerie-like. I was looking for a way to be a bit original and not just roll with the wisp, hence the snail (altho I did hashtable my way through it to use tiny wisps for team-colour on the snails :D ).

I'd love to hear any other suggestions you may have though - particularly global spells for the conduits - oh and a role for the Puzzlewagon in the Holy Empire :)

I have one cool suggestion for reducing map size (works perfect for me).
Step 1: Export all textures from your map
Step 2: Use Warcraft 3 Viewer to convert them from .BLP to .TGA, make tga 32 bit not 16
Step 3: Use Warcraft 3 Viewer to convert that .TGA to .BLP and change quality from 85% to 40%-50%
Step 4: Remap old .BLP with new made .BLP
Thats all, for each texture will save about 70% it's size so if u have old size 200KB new will be about 60KB(even less), just imagine 10 textures, saved 1.4MB with small job :D

Oh that does sound like a cool idea - sounds like it'll take a while though. Thanks for suggesting that, but I don't know if I will have the time to do this anytime soon :|

I'll keep looking around though. I think protecting the map reduces the file size? I might protect it for the final release and maybe make the unprotected version available for those who want to take a snoop at the triggers.

For the Black Legion the lore here is that it's a faction of vampires that worship extra-dimensional demigods called Eidolons. I use the night elf units to represent the vampires, and the Priors are like male vampires who hold the title of High Priests and such. You could say that just like the night elves, the Black Legion use women to fight and men to do the magic/administrative work. The Mistress of the Cabal is just like a general, you could say. And I don't remember using faceless in the Black Legion :|

There are a lot of vampire models in THW.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?search=vampire&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins.php?search=vampire&d=list&r=20

Oh you mean they look like the good guys? Lol, well, the Black Legion isn't an evil faction by default - and as far as I'm concerned, unless a vampire shows you her fangs, you won't be able to tell she's a vampire. I wanted the Black Legion to look a bit mysterious, kinda like the Nigh Elves, so I'd say they fit the bill perfectly :)

They aren't evil because they're vampires ;) I just thought it would be nice to represent vampires through Night Elves. (This TC doesn't take place in the WarCraft universe btw).

Also updating map with less bugged version.

Status
Not open for further replies.