1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Tactics Unleashed Remake

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Jamir, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Jamir

Jamir

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  2. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi Jamir,

Your Tactics campaign was phenomenal! It is one of the best I have ever played, and the difficulty was so challenging it was perfect. I remember when i first played chapter one, the only way i could beat the final mission was if I farmed the spiders on the hive level (where the hive keeps creating a spider every turn after 15 turns or whatever) to get a massive experience boost haha. When you say remake, does this mean we will not know what happens to Joshua and his friends after the events of chapter 1? Regardless, it is so great to see such a fantastic map maker back making maps after so long a time! Wish you best of luck!

3. Jamir

Jamir

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello tulee. Haha nice. I didn't even think someone would do that lol, but I guess I should congratulate you for finishing the campaign. Haha.

But yeah, thanks so much for remembering. :)

Hmm. My original plan was to actually complete all the chapters and releasing them 1 by 1. I would do that by just using the same code (with small improvements) of the previous campaign. It would have been okay if not for the fact that I also wanted to remake the previous campaigns with the aforementioned improvements in the code and then creating a one continuous campaign that starts from the Prologue. So yeah what happened was that I've held off on continuing chapter 2 until I finished remaking the previous ones. And then it took A LOT of time for me to create a new battle system for the remake.

So to answer your question, you will know what will happen in Chapter 2 & onwards. I don't know when I'll get there but I will, after I rework Prologue and Chapter 1. As I've put on the description, this is planned to be a massive continuous campaign. I'm still applying some finishing touches on the system though before I continue the story. That's why I uploaded a demo, so that I can gather from the community about what works and what not. :D

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  4. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    wait, medieval society and yet there are trains?

5. Jamir

Jamir

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, it is an alternate reality. :)

And also, I needed to make some structures that can act as obstacles for the next battle map so.. I went with trains.

6. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    However the turn based combat in warcraft feels quite clunky, I like the cinematic though, especially with those buffs displaying the mood :D

7. Jamir

Jamir

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback. Glad you like the cinematics. :) Is it still quite clunky? Hmm..

EDIT:
    Thanks guys! I really appreciate that you remembered the campaign. And tulee, I'll be continuing chapter 2 in the near future. Thanks for your support!

Btw, I temporarily removed the demo. My plan is to just release it as soon as it's ready.

I will be posting future updates in this thread, so stay tuned. :D

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  8. Jamir

Jamir

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi all. I'm sorry that it's been awhile since I posted an update. Development is still going on in a constant pace. I just wish I had enough haste and tenacity, and time especially, to finish a map now as I did back then. But still, progress is progress right? No matter how slow it is.. But, enough rambling. I just wanna post some big updates to the campaign and upload a second demo.

The contents of the first demo was that the Prologue was already finished and that Chapter 1 was just 15% completed. Now though, I managed to up the progress for Chapter 1 to 30% and also managed to add A LOT of new features.

So yeah, new features first.
    • Added Unified Guard ability
    Unified guard is automatically activated whenever a player unit is attacked. It creates a link to all nearby allied units which will reduce the damage taken by a percentage in proportion to the number of allied units linked.
    [​IMG]
    • Fishing minigame fully implemented
    Just to break up the pace for a bit. External rewards not yet implemented. If you ever try this out, be sure you have the healthbar shown.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Added an option to skip different animations in battle.
    This, I believe, should speed up the combat quite a bit.
    [​IMG]
    • Added an option to censor out cursing and blood effects ingame.
    These are options, just to be safe and kid-friendly. There's a playable character that swears a lot.
    • Various floating text displays are added (When EXP is gained When a skill is learned, etc.)
    These are added so that rewards will constantly pop up.
    • And more.. (please read the changelog for the complete changes)
    Changelog

GENERAL GAMEPLAY
    -Added UNIFIED GUARD. Unified guard is automatically activated whenever a player unit
    is attacked. It creates a link to all nearby allied units which will reduce the damage
    taken by a percentage in proportion to the number of allied units linked.
    -Increased enemy's base damage to compensate for the unified guard ability.
    -Removed the TORCH item and all its gameplay effects. You can still sell
    the now useless torches that your party have.
    -Removed NIGHTTIME effects. Your party does not lose AR at night anymore.
    -Added a STASH that can store the party's items.
    -Fishing fully implemented.
    -Ember Ring is now available at the Alchemist Shop during prologue.
    -Skill merchant added in the game.
    -Recomputed and rebalanced all bounty on return battles.
    -Changed and rebalanced the enemies for return battles from Chapter 1 and onwards.
    -Added options menu.
    -Added option to skip different animations to speed up gameplay.
    -Undo previous movement added.
    -NPC interactions implemented.

SKILLS
    -Freezer base damage +3, MP used +2
    -Buster flare base damage +6, MP used +3
    -Blood Shot base damage +5, MP used +1; Improved bleed chance
    -Twister base damage +11, MP used +2
    -Power Stab base damage +5
    -Holy Smite base damage +4, MP used +6

ITEMS
    -Topaz birthstone additional damage taken reduced from 20% to 15%.
    -Diamond birthstone changed.
    * OLD: 25% Status resist
    * NEW: Enhanced skill effect (+1 skill modifier) and +25% MP cost on all skills
    -Potion of healing heal effect from 40 to 50.
    -Large potion of healing heal effect from 100 to 140. Price from 225 to 250.

USER INTERFACE
    -Changed Game UI Design.
    -Various floating text displays are added.
    * When EXP is gained.
    * When a unit is hit with a status effect.
    * When a skill is learned.
    -Floating text will now properly account for the unit's flying height.
    -Reduced floating text stacking with each other.
    -Various icon description changes.
    -New Icon: Round number
    -How much BP is gained in a battle is now shown at the battle summary.
    -Objectives summary now shows how many BP can be gained per task.

GRAPHICS
    -Changed young Joshua's hair color to match his older self.
    -Changed young Rosaly's model.

BUG FIXES
    -Fixed hero model bug. This bug happens when your character dies while
    wearing a flying armor. *Thanks Death Kitty!*
    -Fixed secret battle treasures.
    -Fixed EXP gain from casting AoE skills.
    -Fixed Demon Lord's projectile.
    -Removed HP and MP Regen on dead units. Duh
    -Fixed spell range of Power Stab.
    -Fixed serious bug where buried treasures are not reset after creating a new game
    -Fixed sound bug when equipped with a staff.

Note to the previous demo players: You can continue your game using the continue button in the main menu screen.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  9. Jamir

Jamir

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    These screenshots are now added to the first post.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  10. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    WoW, Jamir!. That is really awesome. The screenshots look awesome. Quick question: you will not delete the old version when you post up this new version right? The old one has a really special place in my heart, and i really hope that it stays up on hive workshop. Even the prologue 0 campaign with the game crashing insane rat mission I really want to still see on hive. I mean, if it is so different, will be possible to just post this as a different map entirely without "updating" the original (deleting it).

11. Jamir

Jamir

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks bro. :)

About the old campaigns. Actually, there's a funny story behind that. It was not me who uploaded those in this site. Well, originally it was me but, when the old site (wc3sear.ch) changed servers to hiveworkshop I was on a hiatus. And also, I think I actually lost the files of my old campaigns in my hard drive back then. It's cool that they were kind enough to save them and reupload to the new site. Hehe. So I was able to download them, and store a copy in my new drive.

But yeah, I have no control with the old campaigns, but no worries, if ever those were deleted. I'll reupload them. :D

12. Jamir

Jamir

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi, just a shout out to those who downloaded the demo. There is a serious save bug in chapter 1 after the Fort battle. It's an oversight on my part, sorry. Please, don't save your game after you finish the Fort battle or just don't do the Fort battle yet until I upload a fix.

EDIT: Fixed the bug. Please download the new version in this post. It should be safe now, I hope. -_-

And also, this will be the final demo until I release the full version.

I'll still update this thread with my progress though. Stay tuned!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  13. Gluma

Gluma

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    How do I download? D:

14. Jamir

Jamir

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi Gluma! Thanks for asking!

I'm currently working on a final version and since its gameplay is significantly changed from the demo, I decided to pull it out. I'm still working on releasing something in the near future. :)

15. Gluma

Gluma

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    uh

Well you have me waiting :)

16. Tanni

Tanni

Resources:
    Resources:
    Although a bit different, I've always been a fan of Fire Emblem so I'd love to see how this turns out! I remember trying out the campaign awhile back but never truly finished it. You have my support on this project of yours (plus I love stories in a pseudo-industrialized medieval setting!)

17. Jamir

Jamir

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Finally updated this thread after a long time. -_- A huge update has been made on the first post along with new screenshots. Please take the time to read it. Thanks!

I might also create a gameplay trailer in a few weeks. Stay tuned!

18. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yeah I saw a lot of pics in media, so I had this coming :)

19. Jamir

Jamir

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks man! Yeah, t'was a long shot. Sorry for the media spam, had a lot of pics to upload. Haha.

20. Gluma

Gluma

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Damn, waiting real hard here

Do you have any estimations on When™?