• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW2: World in Flames [REVISED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
You should make sure to add a command next version for advanced sharing.

Right now everything is great, besides the bugs and the churchill spam (not sure but the Italian Tank Destroyer shot it in the back couple of times and it received no critical damage). The units seem to be balanced well, so the new balance could be done through more quests and interactions, like when people ask to buff a certain nation you could just simply give them more quests and better rewards for example Japan and Germany, for capturing Oslo and Warsaw or Port Moresby and Kuala Lumpur.

One way you could reduce battleship and carrier spam is to increase their oil upkeep. Maybe you could also display the Upkeep in the unit tab as extra information if only for battleships and carriers at least.

Submarines should be cheaper to build, especially for Germany so that it can try to compete with Allied Fleets while still being able to fight the Soviets on land.

Last edited:
Level 2
I think the Japanese V2 missile should be removed. The Japanese do not have this thing.
The Japanese can be added to the technology of the Yamato-class battleship to replace the V2 missile.
The technology of 1943. After the completion of the research, the Yamato-class battleship replaced the previous battleship.
And I think should increase the cost of the battleship.
The cost of battleships during World War II was higher than that of aircraft carriers.

Last edited:
Level 11
  • When player Japan leaves it doesn't give the share to the other Axis members.
  • Also when players leave the scoreboard still gets replaced by the Allies Resources.
  • Churchill Tanks don't get affected by Critical shots from Dive Bombers or AT guns/tanks.
  • Another Bug related to the scoreboard
WiFBug.png

There is also a problem with Ships being targetable when it comes to tributing buildings. The Soviet Union can send it's ships usually the Vladivostock destroyer to an american port after which they can trade without interdiction by turn 3.

Also is there something you can do about neutrals not being immediately aggro'd, there are some situations where auto attacking will yield no results and you will need to manually target the neutrals to target them.

As of the new Patch Germany can't share Finland, everytime you check the box it cancels it and the next time you open the allies tab the box is unchecked. Germany can share to the other countries, and finland can share Germany.Not sure what you could do.

Last edited:
Level 3
Map is pretty much dead now. Games are over too fast, as America and UK can rush europe by giving America some cities in spain and let the war machine rampage through, Germany and Italy can't really do much cause it's too hard to expand due to all the bunkers and light tanks. Japan can get solo'd by China so there's no point for America to help in pacific either.
I never get to use the calliopes cause Allies already in Berlin by 1941.

Game needs something innovative and meta changing to be kept played. Also developer is never online.

Level 11
Bugs:

-Problems with sharing through Ally (Trade) menu this has become an issue since the new 1.30.2 patch, Germany can not share to Finland and Japan, and Japan can not share to Finland, however Finland can share to everyone, these may not be the only nations with this problem.
-New British tanks are not affected by "Piercing" from neither Dive Bombers or AT Guns. Along with that UK still has the "Calliope" upgrades even though it has no Shermans.
-The Scoreboard is still bugged, it gets replaced with advanced sharing control and displays the Oil income twice.
-Airplane aura grants bonus to all units including enemy (try also allowing air targets).
-Italian Destroyer mines do not detonate when near enemies.

Current Problems from World in Flames gathered from gameplay and the opinions of the community.
  • China can solo Japan, it has a larger and better starting army and can quickly overrun Japan.
  • This allows for America and UK to focus entirely on Europe.
  • America can rush and land in either France or Spain before Germany finishes capturing it.
  • Germany can rush Soviets very early while it still has the disorganisation debuff and is still occupied with Finland.
  • If Japan wins against China very early (not likely in this version), Japan can then rush to attack the Soviets and 3v1 it with Finland and Germany.
  • The Soviet Union is most vulnerable in the beginning, for it can not receive help from it's allies.

Due to the unbalance in Asia, the Allies are considered very strong. Even without the Soviet Union the allies income from the Pacific alone is enough to destroy the Axis in Europe.

Conclusions:
  • China must be strong enough as to survive for the first turns but also weak enough as to not overwhelm Japan itself.
  • America needs to be slower to intervene in the European Conflict.
  • Germany also has to be busy enough as to not to attack the Soviet Union too early.
  • Japan needs more ways to damage the American economy and to make it more appealing to stay in Asia rather than invade The Soviet Union.
Suggestions
  • Add more Bunkers and Mines near the Siberian Border for the Soviet Union.
  • Add neutrals to the unguarded City near Bangkok.
  • Give Japan 1 Cruiser and 2 Destroyers.
  • Give Japan Infantry 1 more Damage (9-10).
  • Reduce the flamethrower damage (currently they are extremely strong, especially in Asia against Japan).
  • Introduce the new Renault Tanks for China or replace a few of their Medium Tanks with AT Guns.
  • Remove the 2 Light Tanks for UK in Egypt.
  • Remove America's 2 starting transport ships.
  • Increase the Damage of the Watchtowers and their HP (+50)
  • Further Decrease the Armour and HP of Coastal Batteries (-50 HP, -1 Armour), the Improved Concrete Is a great upgrade that flat out increases the effectiveness of all defensive buildings.
  • Reduce the V2 rocket research point cost to 15.
  • Remove the limit of the Waffen SS.
  • Increase Damage of Half-Tracks.
  • Limit Calliopes to 10, decrease it's stun duration and AOE and increase their cooldown. They are very strong as they are very easy to get and can permanently stun an army and destroy it.
  • Reduce the prices of Submarines.
  • Increase the Oil upkeep of Battleships and their cost slightly (as to avoid a spam).
  • Reduce the sea point income to 100 (from 135), and add more sea points: potential locations below.
WiF.png

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Hope you've had a happy holiday! It's a new year, with a fresh new release of WiF! There was also a new version released right before Christmas which wasn't advertised here, so i'll include its changelog with this post.

EDIT: As an added bonus, i'm also attaching a replay of this night's epic game! The Soviet Union held up strong against the combined forces of Germany and Finland, but was slowly pushed back when Italy and Japan managed to keep the UK's attention. However, a covert landing by USA in Portugal, combined with a British landing in southern Italy, managed to momentarily swing the battle in Europe in favor of the Allies and reduce both Germany and Italy to only a handful of cities. Finland, who through skillful play had become a major power, spearheaded the Axis forces in fighting back this onslaught of allied troops and mounted a successful landing on the British isles. Ultimately though, the Japanese victory in the Pacific turned out decisive in asserting Axis victory, despite the efforts of both the British colonial army and carrier-based raids from the US navy.

Version 1.7b Changelog:

• Replaced all Medium Tanks for China with AT guns or Light Tanks. AT guns are useless against bunkers, so hopefully this will reduce China's ability to assault Japanese defenses.
  • Reduced the health of Coastal Batteries from 450 to 400.
  • Reduced the hit point gain from the Reinforced Concrete upgrade from 100 per level to 75 per level.
  • Removed all references to the old website, since this domain has been apparently overtaken by a ladies underwear brand (LOL Of The Year).
  • Removed one of the Crusader tanks for UK in Egypt.
  • British tanks can now be critted.
  • Removed the Calliope Launchers research for UK.
  • Possibly solved the "build-while-voting" cheat.
  • Increased the victory timer for Dominaiton mode from 60 seconds to 5 minutes.
  • Reduced the gold cost of the "Organize Military Command" research from 750 to 600.
  • Removed the limit on Waffen-SS units.
  • Increased the damage of all troop transports by 1.
  • Reduced the damage bonus of Shock damage (used by flamethrowers) against unarmored (used by infantry) from 190% to 135%. Their strength against structures is unchanged.
  • Removed the stun from the Calliope Rocket Barrage.
  • Increased the cost of upgrading Calliope Launchers to 80 Oil and 160 Gold.
  • Reduced the Reserach Point cost of the Gyrostabilizers research from 18 to 15.
  • Watchtower damage increased from 6 to 7, decreased attack cooldown from 1.4 to 1.3. Note that this value is multiplied by the number of occupants.
  • Added another starting Battleship to Japan.
  • Removed both starting Transport Ships for USA.
  • Reduced Submarine Oil cost from 245 to 225, and Gold cost from 420 to 400.
  • Added 2 Bunkers and some mines on the Siberian border for USSR.
  • Added neutrals to Rangoon (Burma).
  • Increased Gold cost of Chinese infantry by 5.
  • Increased the Gold cost of all Battleships by a small amount.
  • Tribute ships can no longer deliver their tribute to other ships.

Version 1.7c Changelog:

• A lot of units had improper acquisition ranges effectively truncating their range. These involve Soviet artillery, all flak trucks, all tank destroyers, and all AT-guns. This has been fixed and all these units will now have longer range. Let me know if there are any balance concerns as a result of this.
  • A Finnish bunker was moved from Vaasa to Kajana.
  • Fixed a bug which would prevent the voting countdown timer from expiring.
  • Ports can no longer be tributed to ships. Hopefully this will make it harder for USA to funnel money into SU by cheekily moving a destroyer over to have a port tributed to it.
  • Final attempt at fixing the Air Superiority bug. It now has exactly the same targets as the regular Devotion Aura which it is based on.
  • Watchtowers can no longer attack air.
  • Increased the cost of Churchill tanks by quite a bit, as they were too cheap for their strength.
  • Probably many other fixes which i can't remember right now.

Attachments

• World in Flames v1.7c (opt).w3x
    9.5 MB · Views: 220
  • WIF 07012019.w3g
    3.2 MB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Wait, what is this? Two updates in as many days?? Kicking off 2019 with some well-needed balance changes to Resource Point costs, and a few other fixes. V2 rockets are now cheaper, both to build and to research. Transport Trucks now suppress infantry units they fire on, reducing their movement and attack speed. It only affects a single unit, but it still reduces the amount of damage that unit can deal by about 50%, and against retreating troops the movement reduction can help you lock down individual soldiers for you to pick off. Also, thanks to Flocheness and Onleyone for their help in fixing a kick-ass loading screen for the map! Enjoy!

Changelog:

• V2 Rocket Ramp cost down to 525 gold 400 oil from 750 gold 480 oil.
  • Increased ZIS-7 Flak range from 520 to 560.
  • Gyrostabilizers RP cost down to 12 from 15, gold cost down to 750 gold 650 oil from 1000 gold 800 oil.
  • Heavy Tanks RP cost down to 8 from 10.
  • Smoke Grenades RP cost up to 8 from 6.
  • All doctrines down to 12 RP from 18.
  • Spaced Armor down to 6 RP from 8.
  • User interaction is now disabled from the end of voting until the end of the cinematic to prevent cheating.
  • Removed the bunker from Narvik.
  • Finnish infantry training time increased from 25 seconds to 28.
  • Transport Trucks now have a "Supressive Fire" ability which slows down the movement and attack speed of infantry upon hit.
  • Removed the "Auto Produce" toggle for factories and shipyard since it messes with the unit cards.
  • Fixed Tiger Tank acquisition range, increasing effective range from 320 to 390.
  • Doubled the rate of ship regeneration at harbors.
  • Increased flamethrower health from 100 to 110.
  • Added awesome loading screen!

Attachments

• World in Flames v1.7d (opt).w3x
    9.9 MB · Views: 164
Level 2
I thought this map will not be updated anymore.
I even modified the map to play with my friends.
I have even done nuclear weapons lol.
Don't get me wrong, I don't steal the map, I just want to do something fun.
be1d6cfcc3cec3fd0f0bb3c4db88d43f[1322].jpg

Level 2
@Fingolfin
I modified jass and extracted the editor files from the map.
I translated the language of the map into Chinese. Since you haven't updated it last month, I added some extra research technology and made a lot of balance adjustments.
Because I don't have a map of the original version, it is more difficult to make changes on the protected map.
I have been waiting for your official update.

Attachments

• WIF v1.791.w3x
    17.1 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:
@Excalibrs Can you tell me what changes you made? It would be interesting to hear. I will test the map when i have time. I am sorry that i can't share you the unprotected map, though you have my permission to make changes any way you like in the way you have! I will be releasing some more updates soon though.

@SNIper of DARKness I think he might be referring to the replay i uploaded... I think youtube videos would be nice too, but unfortunately i have a day job and don't have time for that.

Level 2
I added a sub-cannon to the battleship, aircraft carrier, and cruiser. New research technologies have been added to many countries. At the same time, an isolationist debuff was added to the United States.
The Soviet Union added the Katyusha rocket.
British Royal Air Force and Royal Navy.
Finnish sniper.
British colony in Canada.
All destroyers have naval mines.
The overall change in the pace of the game. One second becomes one day instead of two seconds. All infantry reduced the cost, but also reduced HP.
China was unable to manufacture armored units in the early stage and needed to unlock technology.
Increased rewards and deadlines for all tasks.
There are also a lot of balance data changes.
I have modified a lot of content and you should feel it in the game.

Last edited:
Version 1.8

This version addresses some balance issues between the USSR and Germany. Other major changes include AT guns getting a hefty cost decrease, Britain getting a new bomber, and chat commands being added for unit sharing.

New unit: the Handley Page Halifax!

The Halifax bomber now takes the spot as strategic bomber for Britain! This unit is unique in that it has a heavy bomb load, but also the lowest amount of fuel of all bombers. It is cheaper than the B17, but also less sturdy. Other bombers have had their speeds and fuel amounts slightly balanced to maintain flavor between nations based on their real-world stats.

Screen Shot 01-14-19 at 11.50 PM.PNG

Changelog:

• Moved Moscow slightly to the east.
  • Moved Minsk slightly south. It is now within range from both the north and south bunker.
  • Added Smolensk inbetween Moscow and Minsk. It is a small city.
  • Added Handley Page Halifax as the strategic bomber for Britain.
  • Reduced Italian infantry gold cost from 130 to 125.
  • Moved the bunker north of Viborg to the northwest, so it is out of range of Viborg itself.
  • Added chat commands "-share" and "-unshare". You can use these together with player color to share units with that player, such as "-share red". You must be allied with shared vision for this to work.
  • Added a few more neutrals in Poland.
  • Reduced cost of AT guns from 180 gold to 140. (Bofors from 150 to 130)
  • Churchills and Crusaders now take crit damage properly.
  • New anti-cheat system.

Attachments

• World in Flames v1.8 (opt).w3x
    10.2 MB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Level 11
Version 1.8

This version addresses some balance issues between the USSR and Germany. Other major changes include AT guns getting a hefty cost decrease, Britain getting a new bomber, and chat commands being added for unit sharing.

New unit: the Handley Page Halifax!

The Halifax bomber now takes the spot as strategic bomber for Britain! This unit is unique in that it has a heavy bomb load, but also the lowest amount of fuel of all bombers. It is cheaper than the B17, but also less sturdy. Other bombers have had their speeds and fuel amounts slightly balanced to maintain flavor between nations based on their real-world stats.

Changelog:

• Moved Moscow slightly to the east.
  • Moved Minsk slightly south. It is now within range from both the north and south bunker.
  • Added Smolensk inbetween Moscow and Minsk. It is a small city.
  • Added Handley Page Halifax as the strategic bomber for Britain.
  • Reduced Italian infantry gold cost from 130 to 125.
  • Moved the bunker north of Viborg to the northwest, so it is out of range of Viborg itself.
  • Added chat commands "-share" and "-unshare". You can use these together with player color to share units with that player, such as "-share red". You must be allied with shared vision for this to work.
  • Added a few more neutrals in Poland.
  • Reduced cost of AT guns from 180 gold to 140. (Bofors from 150 to 130)
  • New anti-cheat system.

World Domination?

Level 11
Bugs/Glitches/Need Fixing:
  • Returning Planes can not be shot by Fighters.
  • You can tribute buildings/cities to Ships.
  • You can still manipulate units in the beginning.

Currently USSR is still not strong enough to fight both Germany and Finland, not even counting Italy. This is because not enough income. Ways to fix this:
  • More cities for USSR, this is to help boost it's income and give the Soviet Union more depth. This could be optionally expanded with some "Industry to Urals" type of research that will move/add factories and cities near the Ural region.
  • Decreasing the Creeps in the Baltic states so that the Soviet Union can easily annex them and gain more income and factories, the removal of bunkers would suffice.
  • A way for America to provide income fast to the USSR, making Tribute Ships faster would not be an option here due to how Submarines already find it impossible to destroy tribute ships due to being too slow in both DPS and movement speed to finish them off.

Japan currently can go in to Siberia and invade the Soviet Union after it's done with China without much to worry about, making the situation even more dire for the Soviet Union. Japan has no reason to stay in Asia after it's done with China. Point is to make Japan want to stay in Asia by making Asia and the Pacific more important to the European front.
  • You would find Japan using it's navy more often if you could actually do something important with it, thus I believe you should perhaps be able to cripple America by taking Pearl Harbor or a combination of Pearl Harbour and Midway.
    Say America loses 50% of it's income due to the public being "Demoralized", this in turn could affect how many resources it can spend on Europe or on it's allies, there could be variations where they also get a debuff.
  • Another reason why Japan finds itself going to Europe instead of staying in the Pacific is how easy it is infact to invade the USSR. Concentrating the eastern defences for the Soviet Union (bunkers to stop Japan quick expansion) should make Japan think again about this.
    japblitz.png
    Due to how far the Bunkers are from eachother, japan only needs to fight one of them, it would be better if they were all concentrate south so Japan couldn't B line to Stalingrad.

These two points combines could make Japan have the choice between crippling the Soviet Union or the United States instead of the meta dictating that Japan needs to go Europe after it kills China.

It is important to mention that Japan has to have a better reason to stay in Asia, as doing a 4v1 (Ger,Fin,Ita,Jap versus USSR) is very tempting.

Level 2
I increased the strength of the Soviet Union by lowering the price of Soviet units and giving the Soviet Union more initial units. At the same time, I let the United States can't join the battle in the early stage, but the United States is very strong in the later period.Because I have added more oil and economy to the United States.

Level 15
I'd like to report a bug, as an observer I could place vote on game mode and received 0 income, had a multiboard and stuff like that (oh the humanity).

upload_2019-2-7_21-54-26.png

Perhaps the UI could be fixed to support wide screen?

Oh, also this happend relatively early.
upload_2019-2-7_21-56-25.png

Last edited:
Level 11
I'd like to report a bug, as an observer I could place vote on game mode and received 0 income, had a multiboard and stuff like that (oh the humanity).

View attachment 315583

Perhaps the UI could be fixed to support wide screen?

Oh, also this happend relatively early.
View attachment 315584

That's not exactly an issue with the map. Observers aren't really meant to be in game.

For widescreen you should talk to blizzard.

Version 1.8b Released!

Like the hottest mixtape of 2019, version 1.8b has finally dropped! New in this version is a well-needed buff to V2 missile damage, a fix for the port tribute exploit, and some balanced infantry build times for the Allies. Oh, and there are also two new planes!

New fighter for China: The Curtiss Goshawk

The Goshawk now takes the role as fighter for Nationalist China! In previous versions, China would have the BF109 as their fighter, which was both unhistorical and imbalanced. The Goshawk is generally on par with the Zero, although it stands out as the slowest fighter in the game.

Goshawk.png
Goshawk_Back.png

New fighter for Italy: The Macchi C.202

The Italian C.202 is considered by many historians to have been one of the best fighters of WW2. It had excellent handling capabilities, though one major drawback was the low caliber and muzzle velocity of its cannons, which reflects on its damage in-game. Its greatest advantage over the BF109 is that it has an extra 10 seconds of flight time, as well as slightly higher hit points.

Macchi.jpg

Full changelog:
  • New fighter for China: The Curtiss Goshawk.
  • New fighter for Italy: The Macchi C.202.
  • Italian infantry training time reduced from 37s to 34s.
  • US infantry training time increased from 25 to 27.
  • British infantry training time increased from 25 to 28.
  • Chinese infantry attack cooldown increased from 1.85s to 1.9s.
  • Flamethrower HP reduced from 110 to 100.
  • Allied paratrooper attack cooldown increased from 1s to 1.1s, damage decreased from 5 to 4.
  • German paratrooper attack cooldown increased from 1.25s to 1.55s.
  • Me 109 has been renamed to Messerschmitt Bf 109.
  • Shipyards can no longer be tributed to ships.
  • Added a new objective for the US called "Naval Superiority", the goal of which is to kill 2 Japanese battleships between October 1941 and June 1943. Reward: 1000 Gold and 500 Oil.
  • Changed Smolensk from a Small to a Medium city.
  • Removed 3 creep soldiers from Estonia.
  • Further reduced Flamethrower damage bonus vs Infantry from 140% to 135%.
  • Increased V2 damage from 80-180 to 120-250.
  • Tweaked Soviet bunker placement along the Ural border.
  • Italian objective to capture Athens now starts at February 1940 instead of November 1940.
  • Added "-far" and "-med" commands for changing camera range.
  • Observers no longer get to vote on game mode.
  • Fixed a bug which would cause your oil income to appear twice in the multiboard.

Attachments

• World in Flames v1.8b (opt).w3x
    10.5 MB · Views: 215
New minor update: 1.8c

I got inspired by a suggestion from Flochenes on discord to make an upgrade for the German Sdkfz troop transport, adding some "Stuka zu Fuss" ("Stuka on foot") rocket pods as an upgrade for it. The upgrade is called "Rockets" and is available from 1943, and gives all troop transports an extra siege rocket attack against structures and vehicles. As a tradeoff, they lose some of their agility - though it is still an extremely cost-effective option for killing bunkers and medium tanks which is comparable to the allied mortar team. The awesome sound effect was originally intended for a future Katyusha unit for USSR, so stay tuned for that!

Screen Shot 04-19-19 at 12.01 AM 002.PNG

Screen Shot 04-19-19 at 12.01 AM 004.PNG

Speaking of rockets, i also took the opportunity to further reduce the cost of both the V2 research and the rockets themselves. I'd love to see more V2s used in the field and will buff them until they become useful again (i was a bit overzealous in nerfing them back in the days).

Finally, winter now adds an attack speed penalty again, like it did before. The effect of winter was previously nerfed, but it ended up making it inconsequential instead. Buffing it again will not only help Finland hold against USSR, but also help USSR hold against Germany, so it's a win-win.

Changelog:

• Gyrostabilizers research time reduced to 60 from 120.
  • Gyrostabilizers RP cost reduced from 12 to 8.
  • Reduced V2 Rocket Ramp gold cost from 550 to 450 and oil cost from 400 to 320.
  • New upgrade for Germany: Rockets. This adds rocket pods and a secondary "Stuka zu Fuss" siege attack to the Sdkfz troop transport.
  • Winter now once again reduces attack speed by 10%.
  • The trollish "Sink 3 Japanese cruisers" objective has now been changed to killing 30 Japanese soldiers.

Attachments

• World in Flames v1.8c (opt).w3x
    10.6 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Level 11
America could use a early debuff similar to the Soviet Union one to minimize the effect of rushes. Related to their Isolationist stance, reducing their movement speed or attack speed (to be different from Soviet Disorganised -armour debuff). It could expire in 1941 by itself or by research much like the Disorganised debuff.
This could also perhaps only affect Land troops so Ship and Planes can still be used to aid in the Atlantic and Pacific.

Another thing that could use attention is Destroyers and overall Allied Supremacy in the Atlantic. Perhaps until a research, Destroyers will only have a "Reveal" based on Dust of Appearance. This could buff Submarines in the early phases of the game while not entirely removing the Destroyers ability to counter Submarines. It would only make it easier for Submarines to sneak by or scout without being automatically detected by the Destroyer Passive ability, but would not reduce the Destroyer's capabilities against Submarines with it simply requiring to be aware of it.
The Research could just enable a Passive Reveal ability that is already in game.
Along with fixing some problems this will also add more researchables to the game.

Version 1.8e released!

This version is all about the Italians. They've got a new strategic bomber, the CANT Z.1007 Alcione, and the Macchi has gotten a reskin to better match it. The Alcione is quite similar to the Ju88, except it is slightly cheaper, though it drops 2 less bombs. The bombing carpet is shorter however, so the bombs are dropped closer together, which allows for better precision strikes. All in all i think it looks pretty bad-ass!

ItalianPlanes.jpg
P.s: the Macchi will later get the same white roundels behind the wing decals as the Alcione has. I realized as i was looking at this picture that they arent possible to make out against the new paintwork.

Full Changelog:
  • Italian objectives now give Italian units rather than German.
  • New Italian Strategic Bomber: the CANT Z.1007 Alcione.
  • Improved the skin for the Macchi.
  • Added a new objective for Finland, to capture Petrozavodsk.
  • Fixed the objective text for one of the British objectives to correctly reference soldiers rather than cruisers.
  • Moved the Finnish bunker in Petsamo to the border east of Rovaniemi, to prevent Soviet cheese attacks from Murmansk.
  • Increased movement speed of SU-85 from 80 to 95.
  • Increased movement speed of Jagdpanther from 80 to 90.
  • Increased movement speed of M18 Hellcat from 90 to 105.
  • Moved Budapest further south, so that it's at least remotely close to the Donau river.
  • Added Kraków to where Budapest used to be.
  • Improved the scenery in Poland.

Attachments

• World in Flames v1.8e (opt).w3x
    10.7 MB · Views: 326
Level 1
Version 1.8e released!

This version is all about the Italians. They've got a new strategic bomber, the CANT Z.1007 Alcione, and the Macchi has gotten a reskin to better match it. The Alcione is quite similar to the Ju88, except it is slightly cheaper, though it drops 2 less bombs. The bombing carpet is shorter however, so the bombs are dropped closer together, which allows for better precision strikes. All in all i think it looks pretty bad-ass!

P.s: the Macchi will later get the same white roundels behind the wing decals as the Alcione has. I realized as i was looking at this picture that they arent possible to make out against the new paintwork.

Full Changelog:
  • Italian objectives now give Italian units rather than German.
  • New Italian Strategic Bomber: the CANT Z.1007 Alcione.
  • Improved the skin for the Macchi.
  • Added a new objective for Finland, to capture Petrozavodsk.
  • Fixed the objective text for one of the British objectives to correctly reference soldiers rather than cruisers.
  • Moved the Finnish bunker in Petsamo to the border east of Rovaniemi, to prevent Soviet cheese attacks from Murmansk.
  • Increased movement speed of SU-85 from 80 to 95.
  • Increased movement speed of Jagdpanther from 80 to 90.
  • Increased movement speed of M18 Hellcat from 90 to 105.
  • Moved Budapest further south, so that it's at least remotely close to the Donau river.
  • Added Kraków to where Budapest used to be.
  • Improved the scenery in Poland.
Hello Fingolfin, I love your map and everything is fine for me, except that when I play the United States or Japan and I think I speak for everyone, mobility between islands is too difficult and the transfer is too slow; Do you think you can improve the speed of transport ships? Because they really take too long.
I would also like you to add air attack for the battleships, supposedly these are better than the cruisers and destroyers but their damage is very little and they are expected to have good firepower and air defense.
Pd: The missile that launches the battleship is very small and does not intimidate as it should be, maybe you could make it a little bigger or more noticeable.

Last edited:
Level 2
After you stopped updating, I made a lot of changes to the map.
But they are all in Chinese, and I play this map with my Chinese friends.
This is part of the British national policy tree:
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

This is the national policy tree of the United States:
2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

1.png

Almost every country has made such a national policy tree.
And a lot of balance modification and unit modification.
There are a lot of new tasks, countless plots and a lot of events.
I'm sorry I can't translate it into English.
Because there are too many newly produced texts, and my English is not very good.
You enter "-test" in the game to start the test mode, ignoring the year requirements of technology and national policy.

Attachments

• WIF 1.904A.w3x
    27.9 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Level 1
After you stopped updating, I made a lot of changes to the map.
But they are all in Chinese, and I play this map with my Chinese friends.
This is part of the British national policy tree:
View attachment 354184

View attachment 354179

View attachment 354180

View attachment 354181

View attachment 354182

View attachment 354183

This is the national policy tree of the United States:
View attachment 354195

View attachment 354185

View attachment 354186

View attachment 354187

View attachment 354188

View attachment 354189

View attachment 354190

View attachment 354191

View attachment 354192

View attachment 354194

Almost every country has made such a national policy tree.
And a lot of balance modification and unit modification.
There are a lot of new tasks, countless plots and a lot of events.
I'm sorry I can't translate it into English.
Because there are too many newly produced texts, and my English is not very good.

I saw well. It was the first time I knew that this map was being patched in China. I'm not sure if it's done with the permission of the original author. But I feel like I'm patching very hard. I just tried it on a Korean server today, but it's hard because the fonts are all broken. Could you give me a chance to convert this map into my native language (Korean) if there is a chance?

Level 2
I saw well. It was the first time I knew that this map was being patched in China. I'm not sure if it's done with the permission of the original author. But I feel like I'm patching very hard. I just tried it on a Korean server today, but it's hard because the fonts are all broken. Could you give me a chance to convert this map into my native language (Korean) if there is a chance?
Yes, I got permission from Fingolfin.
I am updating the map by modifying JASS.
If you want, you can of course translate the map into your language.
It is still being updated, and new content will appear.

Ok guys, i've given this some thought, and i've decided to release the map as open source. The new Battle.net rules state that you can't protect maps, and to be fair, i'm unlikely to update it again. Lots of people have been asking me about models and triggers - i remember learning all this stuff from Bob666's amazing maps, and it would be nice to give something back, even though the triggers in this map are an absolute mess. Thank you all for sticking around for these past 10(!) years!!

This map was made with the JNGP editor, you might need a pre-1.29 version of the editor along with JNGP in order to edit it.

Attachments

• World in Flames PUBLIC.w3x
    10.9 MB · Views: 243
Level 11
Ok guys, i've given this some thought, and i've decided to release the map as open source. The new Battle.net rules state that you can't protect maps, and to be fair, i'm unlikely to update it again. Lots of people have been asking me about models and triggers - i remember learning all this stuff from Bob666's amazing maps, and it would be nice to give something back, even though the triggers in this map are an absolute mess. Thank you all for sticking around for these past 10(!) years!!

This map was made with the JNGP editor, you might need a pre-1.29 version of the editor along with JNGP in order to edit it.
really? battlenet state isnt live. . . since relase i see many lotr maps with lotr sound and music alive they dont ban anything its just a few written words

Status
Not open for further replies.