• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW2: World in Flames [REVISED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Here you go:

file.php

file.php

Click HERE for the devlog thread!

Im Suggesting to a wider details .... the awsome was the model but i dont like the skin ... just an opinion

Im Suggesting to a wider details .... the awsome was the model but i dont like the skin ... just an opinion

I agree on that. I was never quite content with the skin and that is why it took so long. It is also hard to find a tone that both matches together with the other planes but also doesn't blend too much with the environment.

EDIT: BTW, scissor beat paper pic was awesome!

Seeing how it was the most used heavy bomber of the luftwaffe of the entire war, i can PETTY MUCH imagine that there would be several patterns used for it.
In all references i used however, it was green/yellow.
The german army made very good use of camo and repainted all their vehicles depending on season and situation. Here are a few examples on different ways the Ju88 could look.

Level 8
Seeing how it was the most used heavy bomber of the luftwaffe of the entire war, i can PETTY MUCH imagine that there would be several patterns used for it.
In all references i used however, it was green/yellow.
The german army made very good use of camo and repainted all their vehicles depending on season and situation. Here are a few examples on different ways the Ju88 could look.

*Cough*Medium Bomber*Cough*, Germany had no heavy bombers, although the He 111 was the heavier of the two, and yeah you're right, I guess they would have a lot of different patterns.

Level 8
According to the swedish wikipedia pages, the Ju 88 could carry a maximum of 2500kg bombs, while the He 111 could only carry 2000kg... half a ton seems like heavier to me.

That's incorrect. The Ju 88 could carry 900 kg (2000 lb) in the main bomb bay and the He 111 could carry 2000 kg (4400 lb) in the main bomb bay.

Level 6
That's incorrect. The Ju 88 could carry 900 kg (2000 lb) in the main bomb bay and the He 111 could carry 2000 kg (4400 lb) in the main bomb bay.

Does it actually matters in game? For all i know in my previous post, dive bombers carry a lot of bombs too.:vw_sad:

And as for the paint job, you might just as well paint it in pink that would look awesome.:goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah:

Level 8
Does it actually matters in game? For all i know in my previous post, dive bombers carry a lot of bombs too.:vw_sad:

And as for the paint job, you might just as well paint it in pink that would look awesome.:goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah:

Later variants of the Ju 87 could carry much more sizable load, but that severely limited their operational range, speed, etc. The optimal load was 500 kg IIRC.

Too historically inaccurate. Piston engined aircraft could seldom ever shoot down jet aircraft like the Me 262.

Yeah, that's what i mean.. it's like the Pearl Harbour movie, where they couldn't just make a movie about the US getting their ass kicked, so they had to throw in some stupid scenes where the heroic airmen trick the stupid japanese into flying into buildings/eachother and all that.

Level 8
Tuskegee airmen can. :S

Which is what the movie depicts them as being.

No they can't actually. It's not a matter of pilot skill, it's a matter of the Me 262 being too advanced. The only way they were able to defeat them was by attacking the airfields and by shooting them down during take off and landing.

Try to watch these films ..
1. Saving Private Ryan
2. Letters From Iwo Jima
3. Pearl Harbor
4. Band Of Brothers
5. A Bridge Too Far
6. The Pacific

... search the movies :D

I agree, those are all pretty good.

Level 4
Hey Fin, Great map and everything. Just wanted to mention the heavy bomber and something else

The Strategic/Heavy Bomber seems to be pretty over-powered if you use it En Masse or even by itself as it seems to be able to wipe out Infantry in almost one run and Tanks in a few more, I was playing with some friends earlier today and we ended up banning it because all their attempts at D-Day on me were foiled before they could advance anywhere inland thanks to the bomber. They did have AA Trucks with them but they simply cant shoot down the bombers and even if they do the load has usually been dropped off, even if I flew them to England for them to intentionally get shot down it took them quite a while to be shot down from the Flak Defences during which they could have dropped off the Bombs and flown away.

With China, are they eventually going to get their own or use the Soviets Tanks as their Units? I can understand the light tank being used by them and maybe the Medium But when they were using the Jagdpanther which entered service in 1944, just a bit after Germany Chose Japan as there ally it just seemed kinda... inconsistant and weird to fight off German Tanks coming into Russia from China as enemies :grin:

Other then those and maybe a few other things if i play the map a bit more Great Map :thumbs_up:

-Eowyn

Level 22
No they can't actually. It's not a matter of pilot skill, it's a matter of the Me 262 being too advanced. The only way they were able to defeat them was by attacking the airfields and by shooting them down during take off and landing.

I happened to be joking lol.

The allies created a copy of the ME-262 as Fin mentioned earlier... I can't remember the name... Meteor? Comet? Something like that.

Level 6
I happened to be joking lol.

The allies created a copy of the ME-262 as Fin mentioned earlier... I can't remember the name... Meteor? Comet? Something like that.

Gloster Meteor. Used for shooting down V-1 "Buzz Bombs". Though they never fought with ME-262.

And, i think P-51 with nitro boost(pretty sure it exists) or if it is diving they can match the ME-262 speed.

Btw, shouldn't (Air)field be empty? As well as the Air and Space Museums......

Level 9
Hey Fin, Great map and everything. Just wanted to mention the heavy bomber and something else

The Strategic/Heavy Bomber seems to be pretty over-powered if you use it En Masse or even by itself as it seems to be able to wipe out Infantry in almost one run and Tanks in a few more, I was playing with some friends earlier today and we ended up banning it because all their attempts at D-Day on me were foiled before they could advance anywhere inland thanks to the bomber. They did have AA Trucks with them but they simply cant shoot down the bombers and even if they do the load has usually been dropped off, even if I flew them to England for them to intentionally get shot down it took them quite a while to be shot down from the Flak Defences during which they could have dropped off the Bombs and flown away.

Maybe Fighters can take them out, eh ?

Level 4
Maybe Fighters can take them out, eh ?

Not usually... and if they do manage to take them out then the bombs have usually already been dropped, destroying more golds worth of Infantry and maybe tanks then the Bomber costs, you could eventually starve out maybe Germany by shooting down more as Oil is worth more then Gold to them...

Level 22
Gloster Meteor. Used for shooting down V-1 "Buzz Bombs". Though they never fought with ME-262.

And, i think P-51 with nitro boost(pretty sure it exists) or if it is diving they can match the ME-262 speed.

Btw, shouldn't (Air)field be empty? As well as the Air and Space Museums......

Well... There were only like 400 262s anyway... Encountering one would have been a rarity.

Level 9
Not usually... and if they do manage to take them out then the bombs have usually already been dropped, destroying more golds worth of Infantry and maybe tanks then the Bomber costs, you could eventually starve out maybe Germany by shooting down more as Oil is worth more then Gold to them...

Hmm that's about right. Yeah we should let Fin read it. Btw which bombers are you talking about ? I mean, US', Soviet's or Japs' ?

With China, are they eventually going to get their own or use the Soviets Tanks as their Units? I can understand the light tank being used by them and maybe the Medium But when they were using the Jagdpanther which entered service in 1944, just a bit after Germany Chose Japan as there ally it just seemed kinda... inconsistant and weird to fight off German Tanks coming into Russia from China as enemies :grin:

Other then those and maybe a few other things if i play the map a bit more Great Map :thumbs_up:

-Eowyn

Sorry, i seem to have missed this post entirely!
It seems perfectly plausible that the Heavy Bombers are overpowered, i wanted to give it a reasonable ammount of kick since it has to return after each drop. What i could do is either to reduce their explosion radius or slightly reduce the bomb damage itself. The reason the bombs kill infantry is because there is a point where the radius of the two bombs in a pair overlaps, where damage becomes higher than the hit points of infantry and that is why they are so dangerous. When i played as japan though, i found that if a player has attention on the troops being bombed, it is possible to split them up or move them out of harms way before the bombs hit the ground. If you are launching an attack where you are expecting to get bombed, it is also easy to make sure you have fighter support in the air since they are brutal in killing bombers (heavy bombers are more resistant to the fire of flak guns than that of fighters, so fighters are a better counter). Heavy bombers take very long to produce and are not cheap, and you can also not launch planes while producing from an airfield. I will look into the bomb damage though.

As for the chinese, they will have own infantry, but that is as far as i can stretch. If you feel it would suit better, i can replace the jagdpanther for a StuG III, or even give them cheaper AT guns and cut the tank hunter completely (less favourable).

EDIT: And by the way, Merry Christmas!!

6a00e5514d9da688340162fd8f0f29970d-800wi

Level 4
Sorry, i seem to have missed this post entirely!
It seems perfectly plausible that the Heavy Bombers are overpowered, i wanted to give it a reasonable ammount of kick since it has to return after each drop. What i could do is either to reduce their explosion radius or slightly reduce the bomb damage itself. The reason the bombs kill infantry is because there is a point where the radius of the two bombs in a pair overlaps, where damage becomes higher than the hit points of infantry and that is why they are so dangerous. When i played as japan though, i found that if a player has attention on the troops being bombed, it is possible to split them up or move them out of harms way before the bombs hit the ground. If you are launching an attack where you are expecting to get bombed, it is also easy to make sure you have fighter support in the air since they are brutal in killing bombers (heavy bombers are more resistant to the fire of flak guns than that of fighters, so fighters are a better counter). Heavy bombers take very long to produce and are not cheap, and you can also not launch planes while producing from an airfield. I will look into the bomb damage though.

As for the chinese, they will have own infantry, but that is as far as i can stretch. If you feel it would suit better, i can replace the jagdpanther for a StuG III, or even give them cheaper AT guns and cut the tank hunter completely (less favourable).[/IMG]

Hmm yea. I think reducing the blast radius would be best that way it would reward the player for paying attention and spreading the troops out. And it would let the fighters shoot down the Bombers without as much damage being done.

And with the Chinese why not give them the Soviet Tank Hunter? It might suit them better that late in the war but then again there is also inconsistencies... oh well ill leave it for you to decide, just don't cut it out completely they do deserve to have their own tank hunter :p

Oh and for Hugo I was using Germany, but they have the B-52 at the moment so I suppose this goes for the whole Allied Bombers as well

Last edited:
Level 4
ENOUGH
Any Topics related to this map ?? :vw_wtf:

About Vehichels :

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.