1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WW2: World in Flames [REVISED]

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Fingolfin, Jul 16, 2010.

1. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  2. albertroy

albertroy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm, I usually look at the details of the game.. I got a couple of friends that could test it with me , so I could try it with all slots filled. ^^

3. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I meant test with us, the beta team. Testing with friends is something you can do during open beta.

4. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, Gloster Meteor and ME-262 as the only jets in game?

5. albertroy

albertroy

Resources:
    Resources:
    so when will the open beta be released???

6. PastTime

PastTime

Resources:
    Resources:
    When it's released.

Until the open beta, they are in need of people for BNet I suppose, they want to test the new features and bugfixes so the open beta won't suprise people with some mad bugs.

Most of people that I know, said that you'll never make it to the end, I was a bit confused at the beginning but it turns out that you can change Warcraft into another game with working hard and non giving up.

Perhaps it's not a good time to ask for such things but:
    When you'll finish this project, will you do anything else? I would totally love to see somekind of ORPG made by you guys.

7. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I can tell that i have several other projects, some of them even more ambitious than this one, that i am working on. It will be a couple of skirmish maps and maybe a campaign.

I have now started working on the trading system, one of three last important features i want to have included before open beta (the other being the starting dialog and the research system), and i think it could turn out nice. I could use some help though: i have a function in which i am going to sort players based on their "trade power", i.e. the ammount of ports they have. I want them to be sorted in a list where the first index is the player with the most ports and so on, so if anyone knows how to make this, please tell me.

@Hugomath: as of now, there are no jets in the game and i am not 100% sure that we will have room for any either. But we will see.

8. PastTime

PastTime

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think I've seen such system of "score" in (that's ridiculous), "X Hero Siege", it works like that :
    Player who has highest count of killed creeps gets to the top of score board. I don't know how to make it though, not sure if there's an unprotected version of this one but I hope you'll find my answer helpfull.

9. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You use a hidden leaderboard to sort players based on value.

Create a leaderboard, setup your amount of players, and their values. Then hide it, unless of course, you want it to be visible, this is really the only way of balancing players based on values, though I'm sure there are more complicated ways.

If you need me to explain further, I can give a snippet of GUI.

10. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Uhm.. that just seems very bulky. All i want is a function that i can call, where i give "who has x most docks?" where x can be 1st, 3rd, and so on, and i return a player.

This is how you get the player with most docks, that is pretty simple:

you make a loop that exits when index > number of allies. then you have two variables, one integer called "max" and one player called "p". you start by settyng "p" as ally number 1 (the one with the lowest player number, like player 1, if he is an ally) and "max" as the number of ports i have (which i have stored in an array variable called NumPorts[]). every loop, you increase index by 1 and check if NumPorts > max. If it is, i set max to NumPorts, and p to Player(i). When the loop finishes i will recieve the top player.

Now, i just want this code to stack them by order in an array p[], so that i can return the position i want.

By the way, you can except to see the Portland-class Cruiser up soon!!

11. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Well, pfft, I would have just used a the simpleton way. xD

When's the next beta test?

12. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We are thinking of having one on saturday, although i am not sure. My girlfriend is moving away for university this thursday, so i am going to do some stuff with her this week rather than working on the map.

EDIT: Finished the last allied ship, the Northampton-class cruiser.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  13. WOWWARS

WOWWARS

Resources:
    Resources:
  14. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Kewlio.

15. Gausslander

Gausslander

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You pump these models out with ease.

16. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So if we have a test on Saturday how will we coordinate with everyone to be online at once...?

I think where I live it's -5 GMT, and I'm usually around from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.

17. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We usually say 20.00 CET (Central European Time), and i'd say that is what we will go for on saturday too. Everyone who has steam should join our WiF group and meet up in chat there, otherwise you can contact me here on the hive or hang in the chat and i will look you up.
    Right before we play we will meet in the WIF channel on b-net (/j wif), although there is propably no use hanging around there until i ask you to.

By the way, i just uploaded another news post to our moddb profile. You will be able to see it as soon as it gets approved; it is a summary of the american faction.

18. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hehe still very excited for the release of this, by the way Fin, made any new models recently? Can't wait!

19. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Kk, I don't usually hang on Steam, or THW Chat, I'll just wait in the channel on B.net.

Btw, what is CET on GMT? Like I said for example I'm -5 GMT.

20. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    CET is GMT+1.
    It's kinda wierd that GMT is where it is really, there's practically nothing but britain, iceland and a couple of african countries that are in it. o_O