• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW2: World in Flames [REVISED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Wait, did you saw his pictures of the Ships under construction? His ships are fuckin' awesome. Check these screenshots:

81372d1273163020-ww2-world-flames-redux-screenshot007.png

81319d1273078126-ww2-world-flames-redux-screenshot003.png

81318d1273078126-ww2-world-flames-redux-screenshot001.png

Woweth. Fingolfin, you deserve a white rep gem. O.ô

Yeah, but that's up to you guys, isn't it? ;);)

Anyways, i've got some great news for today; me and Vuorma tested the map a couple of days ago, and it was great fun. I am pleased to say that most of the units behave exactly like i have intended them to, even though the income system is currently a bit rough and imbalanced.

Also, i just finished the Soviet artillery unit, the SU-76. It was the second most produced tank in the war, and it sure is a beauty. :)

Here's a shot from the loading sequence:

attachment.php

And i also took the time of making a little lineup of the soviet vehicles (the heavy tank excluded) so that all you axis players know what you're up against ;)

attachment.php

From the back:

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenShot104.png
    ScreenShot104.png
    441.6 KB · Views: 7,930
  • Lineup.png
    Lineup.png
    805 KB · Views: 8,165
  • Lineup02.png
    Lineup02.png
    804.4 KB · Views: 8,167
No, I can't make it untill I have completed the american soldier model.
I am currently working on the tank mine (practically completed), the Bofors AT-Gun (some texture remaining), and a variation of the soviet infantry unit carrying a flag.

The latter will be part of the initial weakening of the russian army: until the russian player has upgraded the "Reestablish military command" upgrade, infantry units will have a 15% chance of spawning as a standard bearer, providing a minor boost to the movement and attack speed of nearby soldiers (still pretty useless though).
Once the research has been made, this chance is reduced to 5%.

Level 9
Cool :D. Also, you could make an event that when the Allied have control of Berlin, a flag(depending on the attacking country) will attach to a building(which would be the Reichstag).

Level 9
Hmm I see... I just had that idea cuz you mentioned that Soviet Soldiers would carry flag, and that remembers me of the Soviet Flag in the Reichstag after Soviet Victory over Berlin.

I'm not sure, I'm still trying to figure out if the map is going to have a micro or macro focus (it has a little bit of both at the moment), but i will consider giving dynamic properties for cities.

By the way, i just finished the standard bearer variation for the russian soldier, here's a small cinematic shot i took of a military parade in moscow ;)

attachment.php

(note that this is a cinematic shot, not an ingame cinematic.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_082610_173456_05.png
    WC3ScrnShot_082610_173456_05.png
    993.8 KB · Views: 2,619
Level 2
Could be a awesome scene if you make a cinematic trailer

Edit: All your work with all those custom models deserve one at least :p

Last edited:
Well, ground combat is practically complete, and the european theatre might be open for beta testing within a month or so.

Thing is, i am going to Greece for three weeks the 25'th september, and after that i've got a new job, which means i will have less time to work.
Therefore, i hope to finish it before the 25'th, even though it is quite unlikely.
I can promise though that the few most loyal subscribers (i would say hugomath and warman at least) will be offered to join small scale beta tests sometime during the coming month.

Level 4
Yeah, you dont want to release it to early. Aim for October/November.
Cant you make a video trailer for it? I just gotta see some of it :grin:

//Zelzahim

Level 9
Well, while you are in Greece, maybe you can see some stuff that MIGHT be useful in the map, for example, the touristic things that you may see.

Oh right, I don't play on B.Net :(. I play on Garena. But if you send me the map, I can surely test it with my friends.

Ah, ok. Well, i'm going to the Cyclades (will be travelling around by boat to different isles), and those are not on my map since they are too small (except crete, which is already terrained).

There will be no beta testings apart from those supervised by me, but if you ever get a b-net account, you are more than welcome.

@Falafel (lol at that name, what is a falafel sausage anyways?); I don't really have the equipment on my computer to edit a video, but perhaps i will make one prior to the release (not likely sooner).

Level 9
Can't wait for the video :p

EDIT: HEY! Awesome News :D! The guy who fixed my computer was able to get my old HD back, so I got everything back(Yay)!

I'm not sure yet if will keep working on the WW2 Campaigns though. I'm considering in return working on it when I get more inspired in WW2. For example, if I watch a awesome movie, get a new game talking about WW2, etc. Maybe, next year, when I start studying about WW2, I'll return to the project :D

Last edited:
Do you still need help finding more ultimates? i'd be happy to do it.

Maybe the "Amerika Bomber" would be a technology for germany?
It was a stealth plane that could fly non stop to america from france and back, based off of the Horten Ho-229

The japanease used Baloon Bombs which were the only american casualties in america of world war 2.

I can't think of any soviet secret weapons, besides the stolen b-29 planes they tried to recreate before soviet russia was in the war on the american's side.

And if canada's in the war (yay canada) you could use the Avro Arrow
a cancelled project right after the war (1946) but you could adapt it.

Well, those are OK, but my map is PACKED with content as it is, so i will save any further unit suggestions until i have finished what i have.

Speaking of finished, i am proud to present the Liberty Ship:

attachment.php

And a little shot of it hanging about on the beaches of normandy:

attachment.php

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Liberty.jpg
    Liberty.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 8,132
  • ScreenShot146.png
    ScreenShot146.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 7,761
Level 9
WOW!! I really loved it! =P. How much time 'till the first Warship is ready? I'm so excited to see the ships with big cannons and other stuff =D

Level 9
[...]
Axis ships:
Destroyer: Fubuki
Cruiser (german): Graaf Spee (mesh complete)
Cruiser (japanese): Tone (mesh complete)
Battleship: Kongo (the yamato was hardly used, and it doesn't look as good)
Submarine: VII-C
Carrier: Akagi (may add zeppelin for the germans aswell, have to save resources) (mesh complete)

Allied ships:
Destroyer: Fletcher
Cruiser: undecided
Battleship: Iowa
Carrier: Essex
Submarine: Gato (though i might just use the VII-C for this one, hell, who can tell the difference between one sub and another..)

Generic transport for all factions: Liberty ship.
[...]

Fingolfin posted this before (check page 2).

Oh, i didn't read the whole thread.

I'd merge it all with the first post, if i was you, anyways, the graf-spee wasn't a cruiser it was a pocket battleship, basically a miniature battleship meant for speed and agility, the concept was only used by the germans in world war 2, two pocket battleships were every made, the graf-spee, and the Deutschland.

@Ikillforeyou, the reason that the germans made pocket-battleships was that they were not allowed to make ships larger than cruisers, due to the versailles treaty. As a response to this, they placed battleship-size turrets on their cruisers to match their firepower. ;)

Actually, due to the size of the graf spee, they are classed as cruisers, though they do deal slightly more damage (at the expense of attack speed).

Ships in my map are generally expensive, and take a long time to construct. Instead, they have a lot of hitpoints and high damage (though they can only fight other ships and naval guns/ports).
Naval superiority can pay itself though, since you will be more able to launch a sea-based invasion, and also cut the enemy trade lines.

The graf spee is now finished (it is AWESOME!!!!!!) and i will show a bunch of images in a few hours.

Ok, well, here you go!

The Admiral Graf Spee

attachment.php

Rear view:

attachment.php

Lifeboats, AA-Guns and minor turrets:

attachment.php

Ingame:

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenShot138.png
    ScreenShot138.png
    319.2 KB · Views: 697
  • ScreenShot147.png
    ScreenShot147.png
    550.7 KB · Views: 632
  • ScreenShot148.png
    ScreenShot148.png
    1,019.1 KB · Views: 607
  • GrafSpee.jpg
    GrafSpee.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 1,641
I bring you:

The Fletcher Class Destroyer

attachment.php

Closeup of the bridge:
attachment.php

Lifeboats and torpedo launchers:
attachment.php

Aft gun emplacements:
attachment.php

Full profile:
attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenShot169.png
    ScreenShot169.png
    268.7 KB · Views: 7,731
  • ScreenShot170.png
    ScreenShot170.png
    504 KB · Views: 564
  • ScreenShot171.png
    ScreenShot171.png
    564.7 KB · Views: 7,735
  • ScreenShot172.png
    ScreenShot172.png
    494.8 KB · Views: 556
  • ScreenShot174.png
    ScreenShot174.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 315
Level 9
I can't really believe what I'm seeing... this isn't awesome... this isn't cool... this is one of the best models I have ever seen in my life...

There is no doubt your map will be known by all!

Level 12
Yet another private beta test was played for two hours.

Things are taking shape and all systems seems to be working as they should. Land units are almost fully balanced. The map is fully enjoyable and upgradeable units after the advancing years allows you to push invaders back if you're willing to take the price.

All unit kinds are important for an successful victory - everything from your fresh recruits to your heavy tigers! Combine your troops right and lay ambushes or sieges for your foes!

A bridge defended by your Wespes aswell as PaK40s may take up the fight verus the largest of armies. Keep your flanks defended, as your enemy could easily destroy you with half as many troops from behind!

You might aswell take up the fight on sea and cut the enemy transport lines, leaving one of his armies without backup during the moment you prepare the bombardment!

I can promise you that this will certainly be your most enjoyable Warcraft III experience when it hits release!

Status
Not open for further replies.