1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WW2: World in Flames [REVISED]

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Fingolfin, Jul 16, 2010.

1. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

That's not exactly an issue with the map. Observers aren't really meant to be in game.

For widescreen you should talk to blizzard.

2. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Version 1.8b Released!

Like the hottest mixtape of 2019, version 1.8b has finally dropped! New in this version is a well-needed buff to V2 missile damage, a fix for the port tribute exploit, and some balanced infantry build times for the Allies. Oh, and there are also two new planes!

New fighter for China: The Curtiss Goshawk

The Goshawk now takes the role as fighter for Nationalist China! In previous versions, China would have the BF109 as their fighter, which was both unhistorical and imbalanced. The Goshawk is generally on par with the Zero, although it stands out as the slowest fighter in the game.

Goshawk.png
    Goshawk_Back.png

New fighter for Italy: The Macchi C.202

The Italian C.202 is considered by many historians to have been one of the best fighters of WW2. It had excellent handling capabilities, though one major drawback was the low caliber and muzzle velocity of its cannons, which reflects on its damage in-game. Its greatest advantage over the BF109 is that it has an extra 10 seconds of flight time, as well as slightly higher hit points.

Macchi.jpg

Full changelog:
    • New fighter for China: The Curtiss Goshawk.
    • New fighter for Italy: The Macchi C.202.
    • Italian infantry training time reduced from 37s to 34s.
    • US infantry training time increased from 25 to 27.
    • British infantry training time increased from 25 to 28.
    • Chinese infantry attack cooldown increased from 1.85s to 1.9s.
    • Flamethrower HP reduced from 110 to 100.
    • Allied paratrooper attack cooldown increased from 1s to 1.1s, damage decreased from 5 to 4.
    • German paratrooper attack cooldown increased from 1.25s to 1.55s.
    • Me 109 has been renamed to Messerschmitt Bf 109.
    • Shipyards can no longer be tributed to ships.
    • Added a new objective for the US called "Naval Superiority", the goal of which is to kill 2 Japanese battleships between October 1941 and June 1943. Reward: 1000 Gold and 500 Oil.
    • Changed Smolensk from a Small to a Medium city.
    • Removed 3 creep soldiers from Estonia.
    • Further reduced Flamethrower damage bonus vs Infantry from 140% to 135%.
    • Increased V2 damage from 80-180 to 120-250.
    • Tweaked Soviet bunker placement along the Ural border.
    • Italian objective to capture Athens now starts at February 1940 instead of November 1940.
    • Added "-far" and "-med" commands for changing camera range.
    • Observers no longer get to vote on game mode.
    • Fixed a bug which would cause your oil income to appear twice in the multiboard.

Attached Files:

3. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    New minor update: 1.8c

I got inspired by a suggestion from Flochenes on discord to make an upgrade for the German Sdkfz troop transport, adding some "Stuka zu Fuss" ("Stuka on foot") rocket pods as an upgrade for it. The upgrade is called "Rockets" and is available from 1943, and gives all troop transports an extra siege rocket attack against structures and vehicles. As a tradeoff, they lose some of their agility - though it is still an extremely cost-effective option for killing bunkers and medium tanks which is comparable to the allied mortar team. The awesome sound effect was originally intended for a future Katyusha unit for USSR, so stay tuned for that!

Screen Shot 04-19-19 at 12.01 AM 002.PNG
    Screen Shot 04-19-19 at 12.01 AM 004.PNG

Speaking of rockets, i also took the opportunity to further reduce the cost of both the V2 research and the rockets themselves. I'd love to see more V2s used in the field and will buff them until they become useful again (i was a bit overzealous in nerfing them back in the days).

Finally, winter now adds an attack speed penalty again, like it did before. The effect of winter was previously nerfed, but it ended up making it inconsequential instead. Buffing it again will not only help Finland hold against USSR, but also help USSR hold against Germany, so it's a win-win.

Changelog:

• Gyrostabilizers research time reduced to 60 from 120.
    • Gyrostabilizers RP cost reduced from 12 to 8.
    • Reduced V2 Rocket Ramp gold cost from 550 to 450 and oil cost from 400 to 320.
    • New upgrade for Germany: Rockets. This adds rocket pods and a secondary "Stuka zu Fuss" siege attack to the Sdkfz troop transport.
    • Winter now once again reduces attack speed by 10%.
    • The trollish "Sink 3 Japanese cruisers" objective has now been changed to killing 30 Japanese soldiers.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  4. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    America could use a early debuff similar to the Soviet Union one to minimize the effect of rushes. Related to their Isolationist stance, reducing their movement speed or attack speed (to be different from Soviet Disorganised -armour debuff). It could expire in 1941 by itself or by research much like the Disorganised debuff.
    This could also perhaps only affect Land troops so Ship and Planes can still be used to aid in the Atlantic and Pacific.

Another thing that could use attention is Destroyers and overall Allied Supremacy in the Atlantic. Perhaps until a research, Destroyers will only have a "Reveal" based on Dust of Appearance. This could buff Submarines in the early phases of the game while not entirely removing the Destroyers ability to counter Submarines. It would only make it easier for Submarines to sneak by or scout without being automatically detected by the Destroyer Passive ability, but would not reduce the Destroyer's capabilities against Submarines with it simply requiring to be aware of it.
    The Research could just enable a Passive Reveal ability that is already in game.
    Along with fixing some problems this will also add more researchables to the game.

5. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Version 1.8e released!

This version is all about the Italians. They've got a new strategic bomber, the CANT Z.1007 Alcione, and the Macchi has gotten a reskin to better match it. The Alcione is quite similar to the Ju88, except it is slightly cheaper, though it drops 2 less bombs. The bombing carpet is shorter however, so the bombs are dropped closer together, which allows for better precision strikes. All in all i think it looks pretty bad-ass!

ItalianPlanes.jpg
    P.s: the Macchi will later get the same white roundels behind the wing decals as the Alcione has. I realized as i was looking at this picture that they arent possible to make out against the new paintwork.

Full Changelog:
    • Italian objectives now give Italian units rather than German.
    • New Italian Strategic Bomber: the CANT Z.1007 Alcione.
    • Improved the skin for the Macchi.
    • Added a new objective for Finland, to capture Petrozavodsk.
    • Fixed the objective text for one of the British objectives to correctly reference soldiers rather than cruisers.
    • Moved the Finnish bunker in Petsamo to the border east of Rovaniemi, to prevent Soviet cheese attacks from Murmansk.
    • Increased movement speed of SU-85 from 80 to 95.
    • Increased movement speed of Jagdpanther from 80 to 90.
    • Increased movement speed of M18 Hellcat from 90 to 105.
    • Moved Budapest further south, so that it's at least remotely close to the Donau river.
    • Added Kraków to where Budapest used to be.
    • Improved the scenery in Poland.

Attached Files:

6. Shades

Shades

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello Fingolfin, I love your map and everything is fine for me, except that when I play the United States or Japan and I think I speak for everyone, mobility between islands is too difficult and the transfer is too slow; Do you think you can improve the speed of transport ships? Because they really take too long.
    I would also like you to add air attack for the battleships, supposedly these are better than the cruisers and destroyers but their damage is very little and they are expected to have good firepower and air defense.
    Pd: The missile that launches the battleship is very small and does not intimidate as it should be, maybe you could make it a little bigger or more noticeable.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019