1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WW2: World in Flames [REVISED]

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Fingolfin, Jul 16, 2010.

1. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Funny thing is Russia provided China with a bit of weaponry through the war, so why doesn't China have the ability to produce certain Soviet units? (Directed at Fin)

2. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The chinese collaboration with the soviet mostly occured during the end parts of the war, when the soviet union was fighting japan (from what i understand), and most of all after the communist takeover.

Sure, i could use soviet infantry models for them, i haven't decided yet. I agree though that the germans look a biit too western, with their pale faces and blue eyes, to pass for a chinese.

3. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Can't you at least edit the model and wrap the face to the Japanese one, maybe change their weapon to a different one too? (Or their hats\helmets)
    That way, you'll only need to import an MDX file, and not a unique texture(half filesize, wee!).

4. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I will check, but honestly, it is the size of the .mdx that is most concerning (100kb for most infantry units, about 50% of that when compressed in the MPQ).

5. WOWWARS

WOWWARS

Resources:
    Resources:
    well maek open beta sooner and hopefuly popularity rises? so u can get even more aid.

6. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't think Fingolfin needs any more aid. I haven't seen someone with so many skills since Kofi_Banan, (I think Fin does it a little better than Kofi).

7. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    And Illidan(Evil)X

8. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Agreed.

9. Gausslander

Gausslander

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Illidan(Evil)X is my personal role-model for WC3 modding. Fingolfin is doing a great job with a project of this size, however.

10. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Same here, except mine's inclusive of Ham_Ham as well (A creator of a WW3 game).

Fingolfin is kinda one of those handfuls of people who are good at Modelling, Texturing, Terraining and Triggering all at the same time:)

11. Carter_117

Carter_117

Resources:
    Resources:
    is there a beta test on today? ive gotten the two weeks mixed up...:\

also if it goes into open beta now some people will cry and just not play it again because bugs like the aeroplanes freezing...

12. PastTime

PastTime

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hell, I would survive even freezing planes to see all the other stuff at least.

However, that's why open betas are there, so people will spot loads of bugs, especially because there are some luckers that would get an awful glitch.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  13. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, with those betas we could actually make this game become perfect as soon as possible, especially with the help of a huge amount of people from the community:)

14. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This was a heavy insult for Fingolfin. :thumbs_down: How dare you compare that gay hobo with pr0 like Fingolfin??? Here you see his major achievement. http://www.arcane.cba.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3912

15. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Whether or not you think he is a gay hobo, he still has quite a few skills in different areas.

16. PastTime

PastTime

Resources:
    Resources:
    He said that these models were meant to be stupid as they look like, and they are based on some retarded "toon" (for adults) which is as pathetic as South Park in my opinion.
    Yet, I don't think that this thread is good place to have such discussion.

@xRiotZx
    Well sorry, I speak Polish language (which is native language for creator of these models) and he said on that forum that these models were supposed to be used in a stupid way, and the admins have to relax, especially when the models were based on "Captain Bomba" series that used to come out daily on some TV channel (4fun.tv I think).
    He also created a silly map using these models, but map actually sucked anyway.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  17. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have no idea what you said there, but let's get back on-topic.

18. WOWWARS

WOWWARS

Resources:
    Resources:

agreed and how about start this staurday?

19. CrimsonDeath

CrimsonDeath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ehh i dont know if you have realised it but if you go to the units section of your website the hawker hurricane has like 4 times as much hp as eny of the other planes... i dont know if its on purpose but to me it is just a little strange.

20. WOWWARS

WOWWARS

Resources:
    Resources:
    Release the map now! Mom says you have to by next week.