• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World War 2: World in Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I'm considering dumping all 3 of Poot's systems for now. The groundsupply causes fatal's, airsystem causes extreme lag and I can't get the trade system to work...

Of course that's probably more a reflection of my JASS noobiness rather than Poot's skill but till poot gets back I'm gonna have to push forward with a much simplified version of my map.

Level 34
Yeah, noticed that horrible lag, I tried to host it with full house, after 5-10 minutes a horrible lagspike came and hit everyone and quickly everyone left/lagged out.

Level 13
Yeah, noticed that horrible lag, I tried to host it with full house, after 5-10 minutes a horrible lagspike came and hit everyone and quickly everyone left/lagged out.

Yar. So I'm gonna try to un-complicate everything :]

So far I've added a primitive supply system that doesn't lag hardly at all, at least not for me and I've got a horrible computer...So I doubt it'll lag for ya'll. Basically the system just slowly kills units that have 0 mana(supplies) the death is extremely slow.

And I'll probably end up using spells for bomber's attacks.

Basically I just have to get everything set and then iron out some balancing bugs and add artillery then...Pretty much ready for full release. So I'm gonna be testing all this weekend trying to get to that point.

:] Of course I'm always open to suggestions.

Level 24
K. Sounds like a plan then.

Sorry for stating the obvious.

A note into Poots skills just for the fun of it.

"I would say that PurplePoot has forgotten more JASS than you'll ever know, but he doesn't forget."

But really, enough of the fan club.

When is the first complete version coming out?

Level 13
K. Sounds like a plan then.

Sorry for stating the obvious.

A note into Poots skills just for the fun of it.

"I would say that PurplePoot has forgotten more JASS than you'll ever know, but he doesn't forget."

But really, enough of the fan club.

When is the first complete version coming out?

xD Yeah I hope he can fix the systems. I'm pretty sure it's not his fault but probably somehow mine :[...But anyhoo.

From x767.com said:
I've been thinking about it and I don't think that simple military conquest should be the only means of expanding ones economy. So I was going to implement these ideas:

-"Stocks," This would be in a new section of factories called the "Economic Industry," and when you purchase it you will have to wait for about a turn and when it finishes you will get twice as much money as you invested back. Of course the number isn't set by you but it's the price of the "Stock."

-"Economic Level," Basically an upgradable level that can be upgrade from your economic industry factory. This level will sway how much money you get from your towns and factories ect.

-Instead of Units being captured by being attacked down to a certain health % you would have to build next to it for it to become yours. The system is this: When you attack a unit it will change to a neutral player, so niether the you or your enemy gain taxes from it. Until you build an "administrative center" next to the town will you be able to profit from it. I thought of this because in Europa people wait til the end of turns to capture towns to recieve the extra cash when in reality a town wouldn't be paying taxes unless you had a way of collecting and enforcing the taxes, and soldiers did not do this.

Also what should the victory conditions be? As of right now I've implemented a basic condition that checks when a capital is taken and if all Axis capitals are occupied then the Allies win and vica versa. Should there be an Atomic bomb victory?

I've also replaced both of Poot's systems with a very basic and lagless/leakless system that just slowly decays units that have 0 mana, exactly like my Civil War supply system. It might take more micro but at least now the map is virtually lagless...EVEN FOR ME :]...(That remains to be seen though in public testing :p)

Questions? Concerns?

A complete version should be out within a week of now....at the VERY latest I HOPE, but of course there's always the unexpected :[.

Level 13
Alright updated the first post again.

A full release is coming. I toke a little vacation and when I got back I had some contests to take on and blah blah blah.

However right now the map is almost 95% ready for release. I just need to run public tests.

Level 9
Terrain [forzamoto]

Wow,
The terrain looks very promising, I like it a lot, now just remove that extra grass. xD
Overall, it looks pretty good so far as a project, you just need to continue on with it, Will you include some ship battles?
Also, an Idea, as the Allies were receiving supplies Via boat, from the U.S., maybe, you can add the sub-objective of the Axis, to stop supplies coming from the U.S. that will weaken the allies.

I Don't know, just throwing Ideas out there, it looks great so far, keep up the work!
-Calvin

The terrain here is really easy but ill be looking out more for game play this could be a 50/50 on how good it is and how the triggers work it sounds good and i am looking forward to playing it.

Level 13
Tell me how the terrain is 'really easy'?

The sheer size makes it NOT 'really easy'.

He's probably talking about doodads and actual terrain. Not the shape.

And I'm talking about Generals like commanders.

I'm going to have a 3 general at one time maximum. When a general dies you can commision another one.

And I'll have no problem in finding generals. I have Hearts of Iron :p

But i need suggestions on the role's of generals. So far I was going to make every general cater to a specific arm of the military. Such as "Tank leader" would give bonuses more toward tanks and so on.

Level 4
I reiterate, in a large map like this, size is a HUGE factor in quality.

I mean, I copy/pasted half of the mountains in EBR's terrain.

It simply took too long.

You know, James, if I hadn't loved the terrain shape so much, I could have basically started it from scratch?

I've done hours upon hours of work, solely on terrain.

Luls.

Level 34
But I hope you fixed that annoying lagspike that comes in the middle of the game. I hosted an old version, had almost full house (2/4 neutrals), played and after 10 minutes it came D:

So, fixy fixy or I go angry angry.

Level 13
Last edited:
Level 34
Actually wanted to edit it but Ok..

Here ya go:

James7mapbug.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.