• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World war 2 Fire over the pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently started being obsessed with the war in the pacific in world war 2, so i want to start a project that will be in the year 1944 with the war drawing it's end, the British will have just been pushed out of Burma and china will be near falling. factions will be this

China: communist rebels
China: Generalissimo, main chinease army
Japan: Homeland
Japan: Conquering force
America: AVU (Arial volunteers unit, flying tigers)
Britain: Infantry/ground
Britain: Air support, will share airfields that the ground has to place

More to come..

I need someone good at terraining, idea factory, skins, icons, and lastly, someone who's good with the data editor. I'll be a historian/modeller, but i need skins made for the models.

The map will be a rts that will resemble World in conflict, Kofi_Banan's mod for wc3, there WON'T BE ATOMIC BOMBS.

Feel free to sign up here.

There's a plane WIP in my album (signature)

New: Death/victory conditions
Annihilation: Capture or destroy all income giving buildings.
Sudden death: At 30:00 of game time, the player with most income generating buildings wins.
Destroy HQ: There will be a base for each player, if destroyed the player is out, the last player/team in the game wins.

Ships:
Heavy cruiser: Fast and well armed ship, can deploy mines.
Aircraft carrier: Based on carrier, can launch planes to attack, can't attack without planes.
Transport ship(Maybe): Transports units
Cargo ship: Sends resources from one player to the other. (Instead of resource trading) Very vulnerable.
Battleship: A Massive ship capable of heavy damage but slow.
Flagship: The biggest ship on any given team, unmatched firepower and armor, but slow.
Frigate: Anti-mine and submarine ship, light assault cannons against merchant ships.

Ground Units:
Sniper: A well trained marksman with a long ranged-high powered rifle, good at picking off units, unarmored.
Militia: Peasants drafted into military service, cheap, decent firepower, and fast, no match against tanks.
Special forces: This would be marines for the americans and ninjas for the Japanese, powerful fighters with years of military training.
Artillery: Long ranged ground assault cannons or flak cannons, A.O.E damage to ground or air, must be deployed before fired, slow and unmaneuverabal.
Tanks: Heavily armor.. well, everyone knows that a tanks is.
More to come.. ideas welcome.

Aircraft: A DETAILED LIST NEEDED! PLEASE POST!
Dive bomber (Anti ship/bunker)
Fighter (Anti air)
Tactical bomber(Anti ground units)
Carpet bomber(Anti buildings)

150549-albums1318-picture31014.jpg
150549-albums1318-picture30156.jpg

Team:
ikillforeyou - Admin, modeller, idea generator, triggerer
lexalex - Terrainer, Idea factory - inactive
Levdragon - Idea generator, Auxiliary triggerer

Last edited:
Level 6
very very good ideea, but that lack of atomic bombs...:|..you can make Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Neutral and the bombs would not be launched by a player...just a cinematic that shows the launch of the atomic bomb..as for the gameplay, u can make timers like January 1944( and write an event that happend in jan or just leave that month to pass...u can make a month like 4, 5 minutes....give certain technologies to player as the months pass, dont let them have all that from the beginning...just an ex( jan 1944 give an infantry unit to all players that they can make feb 1944 give a tank, or a fighting vehicle to player etc) as for the upgrades same...as i know and i know for good that the war in pacific was started by the japanese whn pearl harbor is attacked u can make an event for that too...like a timer that all players will prepare..pearl harbour to be a certain player that then will get control of all USA...( ex Red holds Pearl harbour NPC hold USA, after the atk of pearl harbour a cinematic will show the entry of USA in War..Like TV News, and then Red that holded pearl harbour get control of all the bases in USA)...then let the gameplay continue, and make special events on the course of the game like every month i said early....when u reach the Atomic Bombs cinematics to show the bomb of some NPC citys in the place of nagasaki and hiroshima, and that bombs would be launched by "America" neutral, like a no player...

Well this was my suggestion, hope u will enjoy it:D...

I can be the terrainer/ideea factory, but i need to learn how to use custom tilesets, cuz idk that thing( im really shame of this)...ex like the jungle have some city tiles etc...as for the ideea factory i can generate some ideeas

Level 6
just edited my post

"I can be the terrainer/ideea factory, but i need to learn how to use custom tilesets, cuz idk that thing( im really shame of this)...ex like the jungle have some city tiles etc...as for the ideea factory i can generate some ideeas"

srry for double posting:(

Edit: So reconsider your ideea with the Nukes:D..the nukes would be really awsome

Last edited:
Level 6
cmon, none except me and ikillforeyou is joining this project??it is a promissing project, a cool one...a lot of features wich i speaked with ikillforeyou...

Level 8
Ah, a fellow world warian maker :) I would be interested in joining the team, I have some ideas I could offer on warfare/capturing system, my triggering was fairly decent on wc3 haven't got sc2 yet, I can get epic(z) ww2 music ? :)

Hm, about those nukes, perhaps implement a victory point system? Every time an important city is taken a victory point is awarded to the Allies or Axis, then every time an important city is lost a victory point is taken from the axis or allies. When the victory points have reached 20, 30 or w.e the game is ended (Or the allies/axis given a major advantage), for the allies if their VP's reach (x) then a cutscene occurs with Enola Gay dropping the A-bomb on Hiroshima. For the axis something could be arranged :)

That's a cool idea, want to be a idea generator/axillary triggerer?

I'm thinking that there will be "Special" units, such as the I-400 submarine aircraft carrier for the Japanese, and nukes for the Americans and other things for the Chinese and so on.

And every 10 cities (captured for income) there'd be one that would increase your "tech level" by one

I've decided the idea of 3 different defeats, probably choosable ingame:
Annihilation: Destroy all troop making structures
Sudden death: At 30:00 the player/player alliance with the most cities under control wins
Tech war: Each player is given a "HQ" to upgrade their ultimate weapon, if killed the player is defeated, last player/player alliance wins.

Level 8
Sure I would love to be in this. Game options are good, but in sc2 is there a way to detect the host..? Because a general vote might be unfair on the host :O

Special units sound cool, maybe some of them are built as your tech progresses? For the axis perhaps instead of an a-bomb a hydrogen bomb from Berlin is launched at victory? OR lots of vengeance 2's.

Also in this are barracks, factories etc. able to be built, or only captured from the enemy?

Status
Not open for further replies.