• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why do you hate DOTA..??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i hate dota because its famous while i dislike this game

i didn't find this game very fun, and i hate playing against computers, and thats what we do in dota, computers and players

and it killed lot of custom games

A

A

Level 4
What make me hate Dota is those fucking player who thinks that newcomer knows what's the best item for that hero, this hero,blah blah. Even when I was playing the all random no rebitch no switch, I got bristleshit (I never play a tanker at all in my whole life) and one of my damn team think that I can play that pig. He flaming me and say that I was a noob because I was too scared to handle phantom bitchsassin and guardian wisp. I tell that ass that I can't use a damn tanker, I can only use the nuker/ganker type who love spamming a lot of painful spells (he spam a lot of goddamn oozes but only deal shit damage,which I really hate) like thrall and then he start to flame me again because I can't use him. I leave the game and try another dota, this time is APSO (seriously why does people always type SO? Is it really useful?!) And then one of my team act as a leader and command me here and there, this and that, like I was his maid and then when something bad happens caused by him, he blame me instead. Crap. So basically, dota has lousy bastard attitude players which, brings me to hate and curse dota. Sorry if I was too harsh, I just can't take a damn relax because of Dota, and right now I only like to play custom campaigns, and sometime play element td or pokemons.

Level 16
I used to play dota, and i was quite good at it.
Then i switched to LoL and i am quite good at it.
Then i tried a dota game for fun and sucked so hard i thought i was playing another mod.
I wouldn't say i hate it, it's just too difficult to master that it takes out the fun of playing it.
I heard people saying dota is cool because of its competitivity and high learning curve...man do you understand spending 2-3-4 years to LEARN TO PLAY a game is insane?
Not to speak about its community...people are nerdy elitists, retards, flamers and assholes. But the most horrible thing about people playing it is that they are all easy going and friendly as long as they win, just to turn into beasts when they lose.

You can learn to play baseball in a few minutes, similar to how you can learn how to play dota in a few minutes (the basic concept of it). That doesn't mean that you can go against people who have played for 2-3-4 years like you said. The thing is, there aren't many players who have played for a short amount of time, and you can NEVER find a lobby of them to play with. There are tons of little in's-and-out's that you learn from playing it over and over, just like baseball.

Idk it just seems crazy to me how much people hate DotA. Yes the community is bad, but tons are. The skill curve and awful trashtalking players basically make it the counter strike of RTS mods. Counter strike is still fun in moderation, but I've accepted that I'll never be a pro at it and I've learned to ignore the trolls. Do the same with DotA and it's a really fun experience.

Level 3
Dude, the difference is that dota is a fucking videogame, baseball is not, drums are not, playing piano is not, so wasting years on a videogame just to being able not to be stomped is insane. That's what i meant.

People go over and say "dota is fun because it's competitive, it's hard to learn, it's complicated", and f**k off i say, spend that time trying to put that "highway star" solo togheter instead of wasting time like this.

You say "I've accepted that I'll never be a pro", well man, i can tell you that not being a pro in dota basically means doing bad all the time, and bad isn't fun.

As i said i don't hate dota, i hate the competitive shitty idea behind it and those abominations named videogames championships.

P.S. you can't learn to play sports in a few minutes, at all.

EDIT: i don't go against people who have played for 2-3-4 years, if you want to play a bit for fun well just go, i go against people who have played for 2-3-4 years without doing nothing meanwhile!! total waste of time!

Level 14
I hate DotA for some reasons
#1 Reason - People in the Philippines become carelessly stupid and idiotic that they worship the "map" (not a full game,it's just a mod),that they install Warcraft 3 just for DotA,cmon guys,we all know that dota is just 1% of Warcraft's filesize,and damn,Blizz worked hard to code the World Editor,P.S. 15 out of my 18 friends who like the Warcraft Page on facebook don't even play melee,or TD,or any other scenario except for DotA
#2 Reason - Modding becomes unoriginal and repetitive,spells and maps are composed of 50% unoriginal DotA copies
#3 Reason - Blizz's art gets posted on shitloads of websites,blog posts,fb pictures,etc. like it was intended for DotA... so yeah,here's a pic of proof that i made a compilation of from google images
204072-albums4929-picture56900.png

There are thousands of reasons,but here's what i can say in a small amount of time

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Well I didn't read the entire thread, but I will list few of my own reasons:

1. It's ruining reputation of Warcraft, since most of players play it. DotA players do not know what's the real Warcraft 3.

2. PvP only. I heard of some AoS maps which include PvE as well.

3. No f*cking full healer heroes -.-'

4. Tank and spank tactic. Hit and run tactic as well.

5. Imbalanced a lot.

6. (Yes I am pointing out random thoughts in my mind) Terrain totally sux for the most popular map in the world.

7. Interface is completely normal, nothing is changed (except for str, agi, and int texts, clock, etc.) For such popular map it would be much better if it would look different than Warcraft 3.

8. Goblin Techies.

9. Similar to 1. point, it's keeping players away from other maps.

10. Bots hosting the game

11. When people (Not warcraft 3 players) see me playing any Warcraft 3 map, they say it's DotA.

12. On 1 vs 1 battle, if you die, and the enemy hero has like 3 health left, even though you were very close, the enemy will be MUCH stronger now, resultig +1-2 levels, and 200-500 gold, while you loose 200-500 gold.

Reactions: _PV
Level 22
But the most horrible thing about people playing it is that they are all easy going and friendly as long as they win, just to turn into beasts when they lose.

I suppose you haven't played ladder to see what happens when someone loses several times in a row or gets drophacked 3 times as it has happened to me back when I played it. Things are much more serious than some dota, in fact, i am elitist and a 'beast' too but about ladder whether war3 or new game, I dont give a crap about dota.

So yeah competing comes with anger, that's in real life too and real sports. Ofc in dota there's nothing to compete for in some random cg game but give stats and people will fight for it. You need to understand this enviornment to know why ppl get angry.

Also no one wants retards ruining the game, I've been from pro in game with noobs to noob when I was with much better dotaers, so yeah get over it and dont play if you cant stand the language. I've also been called names which has made me not play Dota or Sotis and get back to where im the better i.e melee.

Vunjo

Level 14
I suppose you haven't played ladder to see what happens when someone loses several times in a row or gets drophacked 3 times as it has happened to me back when I played it. Things are much more serious than some dota, in fact, i am elitist and a 'beast' too but about ladder whether war3 or new game, I dont give a crap about dota.

So yeah competing comes with anger, that's in real life too and real sports. Ofc in dota there's nothing to compete for in some random cg game but give stats and people will fight for it. You need to understand this enviornment to know why ppl get angry.

Also no one wants retards ruining the game, I've been from pro in game with noobs to noob when I was with much better dotaers, so yeah get over it and dont play if you cant stand the language. I've also been called names which has made me not play Dota or Sotis and get back to where im the better i.e melee.

Agree with the last part. I have been called "noob" constantly, even though I had most of the time highest amount of kills and assist. I was also far the highest level. So basically, language of DotA players is bad, if you can ignore it, then you have 1 problem less.

Level 3
Man, how the hell can you ignore that?
It would be like playing a football game with teammates yelling at you whenever you do a mistake.
I just can't understand how people get angry with a mod that doesn't even have stats.

P.S. what's Sotis?

Level 16
Dude, the difference is that dota is a fucking videogame, baseball is not, drums are not, playing piano is not, so wasting years on a videogame just to being able not to be stomped is insane. That's what i meant.

People go over and say "dota is fun because it's competitive, it's hard to learn, it's complicated", and f**k off i say, spend that time trying to put that "highway star" solo togheter instead of wasting time like this.

You say "I've accepted that I'll never be a pro", well man, i can tell you that not being a pro in dota basically means doing bad all the time, and bad isn't fun.

As i said i don't hate dota, i hate the competitive shitty idea behind it and those abominations named videogames championships.

P.S. you can't learn to play sports in a few minutes, at all.

EDIT: i don't go against people who have played for 2-3-4 years, if you want to play a bit for fun well just go, i go against people who have played for 2-3-4 years without doing nothing meanwhile!! total waste of time!

You can tell someone the rules of baseball in all of 5 minutes. My analogy which you completely missed was that even if you can learn to play a sport in 5 minutes, you will not compare to the people who have been playing a long time.

And people, if it isn't your cup of tea don't play it. Spending time complaining about it is actually a complete waste of time -_-

I like DotA but not the one who's currently making it...

If you guys don't like playing video games, then don't play one... its that easy...

These concept is just like sports, easy to learn but hard to master...

and oh, I guess everyone started as a noob... you will stay to be one if you get downed by it... to be a pro, you need to accept the fact that you are currently a noob and strive to be better... this isn't just for video games but for real life as well...

and oh, if you hate thrashtalks that much then play with AIs they won't trashtalk you...

Level 14
Man, how the hell can you ignore that?
It would be like playing a football game with teammates yelling at you whenever you do a mistake.
I just can't understand how people get angry with a mod that doesn't even have stats.

P.S. what's Sotis?

SotIS = Storm of the Imperial Sanctum,much like dota,it's a dota clone but designed for Starcraft 2

Level 7
the most reasons i hate dota:
1. It recycles Warcraft III -> DotA. In my country, i hardly see a warcraft III icon, it's just that Red icon labelled DOTA. This sucks my hobby of playing custom games (other than dota).
2. Its gameplay complexity (too complex to play, at least for me)
3. Player skill dependance. This is what i dislike from DotA.

i'm a dota player too, but i rarely play this, mostly when there are some new heroes which use custom abilities (Phoenix, Skywrath Mage, etc)
the game isn't that lot of fun, a noob show up, you lose . . .

Vunjo

Level 14
Hah getting good at dota is joke compared to getting good at melee. Afterall, 1 hero control all the time. Try with units, 3 heros and items xD But ye it requires 'some' skill too, I guess.

DotA requires no skill. It just requires basic thinking, and knowledge of all 100+ heroes. That's all.

@Adiktuz

Oh please like you are so "pro" cause you got so much rep to brag not to hate DotA?? As a mapmaker there MUST be a small piece which makes you hate it, cause it's a shitty map compared to THW Maps, and yet it's the most popular map in the world.
Every normal mapmaker feels that little hate, that little jealousy.

Also, bragging won't leave you to anywhere, you should be honest constantly, nobody is going to hurt you if you share the pain with us.

Level 16
DotA requires no skill. It just requires basic thinking, and knowledge of all 100+ heroes. That's all.

@Adiktuz

Oh please like you are so "pro" cause you got so much rep to brag not to hate DotA?? As a mapmaker there MUST be a small piece which makes you hate it, cause it's a shitty map compared to THW Maps, and yet it's the most popular map in the world.

Also, bragging won't leave you to anywhere, you should be honest constantly, nobody is going to hurt you if you share the pain with us.

If DotA takes no skill lets 1v1. It wouldn't take any time at all because even an idiot can win, right?

Adiktuz didn't say he was pro. Attacking his person about rep and saying he is bragging isn't going to make you look cool or help reinforce your point, it makes you look childish.

Saying it's a shitty map doesn't mean bullshit unless you actually point out what is wrong with the map. Of course the terrain is not as good as it could be, of course there are more systems to be implemented, but I'd say Icefrog is doing a hell of a lot better then any of these "good" mappers here. We can look at popularity for that.

If you feel that no map is fun because there is a supposedly better THW map then you either play only a THW maps, have no fun when playing maps other then THW maps, or you're a lying bastard who enjoys playing maps other then THW maps. Either way it doesn't make sense what you're telling the rest of us.

Level 22
I don't play Dota, nor care about it but let's say im from these type of gamers who like competing vs others for record and what else. How did THW's maps grab me? Short answer: they didn't because I don't care about RPGs, TDs, Survivals. AoS, Cat and Mouse, gawd knows what else - why? Because this is not my community. And this one with the fun maps is a completely different community from the one playing Dota or other types like melee. So it comes to the same logic why soccer players aren't interested in basketball or vice versa and may even hate it.

Yes I know the big reason why Dota is hated is it sucked the potential popularity of other maps but obviously people on bnet it their majority like to compete, this is their escape from sucking at melee lol..

Level 16
Well I didn't read the entire thread, but I will list few of my own reasons:

1. It's ruining reputation of Warcraft, since most of players play it. DotA players do not know what's the real Warcraft 3.

2. PvP only. I heard of some AoS maps which include PvE as well.

3. No f*cking full healer heroes -.-'

4. Tank and spank tactic. Hit and run tactic as well.

5. Imbalanced a lot.

6. (Yes I am pointing out random thoughts in my mind) Terrain totally sux for the most popular map in the world.

7. Interface is completely normal, nothing is changed (except for str, agi, and int texts, clock, etc.) For such popular map it would be much better if it would look different than Warcraft 3.

8. Goblin Techies.

9. Similar to 1. point, it's keeping players away from other maps.

10. Bots hosting the game

11. When people (Not warcraft 3 players) see me playing any Warcraft 3 map, they say it's DotA.

12. On 1 vs 1 battle, if you die, and the enemy hero has like 3 health left, even though you were very close, the enemy will be MUCH stronger now, resultig +1-2 levels, and 200-500 gold, while you loose 200-500 gold.

Well since you think you pointed out reasons lets respond to them.

1) I don't quite think this is the case. You have to have warcraft 3 installed on your computer to actually play DotA, so that arguement doesn't work.

2) Yes it is only PvP, but I haven't seen an AoS that is PvE. It's cute that you heard about one, but until you present something that arguement doesn't work. The genre of AoS is PvP, deal with it.

3) Omniknight is a "full healer hero". He has a heal, antimagic, and an aoe regen/armor buff, on top of slow aura. He is built as either support or semicarry, depending on your lineup. If your definition of a "full healer hero" is a hero with 4 heals, then it's just silly to argue with you.

4) Yes just like in every other game kiting is a valuable strategy. Explain what "tank and spank is".

5) Lol no. The only people who cry about unbalanced are usually awful. No hero is too powerful or too weak, there are counters to every hero, and no single hero trumps all others. A person who plays well can use certain heroes to carry a game, but only once your team feeds them 5 kills.

6) The terrain is exactly how it needs to be. Line of sight and cliffs are a very essential part of the map, with many battles being decided by placement and sight. Of course Icefrog could use a bunch of hd models and such to improve terrain quality, but I'd rather it not take up the space and I'd also rather have a new hero then new terrain.

7) Modifying the values in the STR/AGI/INT field should not be a game breaking factor. It doesn't hurt gameplay at all, and no one really cares.

8) If Goblin Techies is one of the reasons you hate this game you've obviously died to him many times. If you're getting owned by Goblin Techies then you have 0 map awareness and shouldn't walk into stupid traps.

9) Just because it has a group of fans doesn't mean that it's keeping people away from other maps.

10) You hate the game, because bots host it? Are you fucking kidding me? Bots host tons of games, not just DotA.

11) You hate the game because other people think you're playing it? That's even more ridiculous then the last.

12) If you play a 1v1 and die, you take a huge loss from it. So don't die, play it safe noob. Also, DotA is a team game. Play it as a team.

Now can you respond to the other things I mentioned in my previous post?

Here are some things you might want to address:

If DotA takes no skill lets 1v1. It wouldn't take any time at all because even an idiot can win, right?

Adiktuz didn't say he was pro. Attacking his person about rep and saying he is bragging isn't going to make you look cool or help reinforce your point, it makes you look childish.

If you feel that no map is fun because there is a supposedly better THW map then you either play only a THW maps, have no fun when playing maps other then THW maps, or you're a lying bastard who enjoys playing maps other then THW maps. Either way it doesn't make sense what you're telling the rest of us.

The reason I included the 2nd paragraph is because you haven't explained at all why you attacked him.

Also, what is this?

As a mapmaker there MUST be a small piece which makes you hate it, cause it's a shitty map compared to THW Maps, and yet it's the most popular map in the world.

To me it looks like spam. Off-topic and completely irrelevant, plus that post was pretty hurtful towards adiktuz. You should explain it or I'll report it. Your choice.

First of all, I respect your own opinion so please respect ours and don't force us to hate something that we don't...

But I must say this...

After reading those 12 reasons? I now think you're just totally a DotA hater like those other haters (when I say other, I mean haters on any other topic) which just hate something without even trying to understand it... Dude please, before you hate something, understand it first... and much better, understand why people like it... that way, you can have much better arguments in case you still don't like it...

If you want, I can present to you my counterarguments for those 12 too, though I think its a waste of time to debate over something like this... I think it will be best for all of us if we just stop this nonsense... You can continue to hate DotA as much as you want, and we will continue to not hate it...

I used not hate becoz I'm aware that there are people on the neutral side, they don't hate it but they don't love it too...

Vunjo said:

So you're accusing me of lying about not hating DotA? nonsense... As I said, I hate IceFrog but not DotA... I hate IceFrog becoz of his attitude, but I admire him as a maker... and Oh, I don't hate Eul's or Guinsoo because afterall, DotA is a big reason why wc3 is still alive... And I always play DotA on my short free times...

I can say it from personal experience dude, right now lots of my friends started playing wc3 becoz of it, and slowly I'm introducing to them the concept of custom maps and of melee... You should do that too, that would be much helpful than you ranting about how DotA stole the light from other maps...

Attention: For those, seeking to defend thier precious DotA and break my arguments, it is workth reading it.

DotA just sucks. It is an overrated WC3 AOS map, only because it was one of the first of it's kind and only because it got too many host bots, making it "popular". It got nothing unique in it, really, like 2% of the things are new and imported. I really think the "most popular WC3 map" should have better terrain and inteface and a better look at all. It won't affect the sight range, if you put better trees doodads and cover the ugly blizz cliffs in sexy doodads like rocks and grasses. Really, some people install WC3 only to play DotA, and i dislike that VERY much. Because DotA is only 0.0001% of all the nice maps that can be played on WC3 and be enjoyed even more than DotA, but they aren't, because they arent the first of thier kind and they dont have host bots. It is really hard to create something new from a game that is 6-7 years old and is still alive. But besides, i believe it is alive because of DotA... And the thing i most dislike is, that 80% of the DotA players don't know what the WC3 actually is - Melee and otherwise. And so if they see the WC3 graphics anywhere else, thay should say it's DotA, because they don't know anything else about WC3 except DotA. So, DotA sucks. I agree that "maybe" before 5 years DotA might have been something nice and unique, but it lived far too long and became far too boring for the people, that are not addicted to it. Yes, DotA is an addicting game. My own brother is addicted to it, and that's one of my reasons why i hate it, he don't have any time for anything else than that stupid DotA. And neo_sluf, it's 75% of the WC3 players that play DotA, 30% are noobs and don't know what to do, 45% are addicted. And now they are even planning continuing that DotA in "DotA 2", and i am REALLY happy about it, because they are going away from WC3 and will leave the players see the real meaning of the game. And i got nothing against the "Anime maps", they are just another WC3 maps :p Let them play it, since they're not DotA :D
There are also many other AOS games, that are not in WC3, but are an other game. I'm happy that DotA is going to be so. Though, i fear that without DotA in WC3, the game should totally die. That's sad, because WC3 is a nice game... or WAS a nice game... :(
I hope Blizzard will make WC4 soon, but the chance for it is less than 1%, because they care too much about that WoW, that is becoming damn boring as well. :/

Ok, i think a wrote far too much, but i needed to describe what i think, and i did it :D

Level 22
^ nah brah whoever competes doesnt give a shit about how beatiful it looks or does it use complex triggers. it's the gameplay - constant balancing done and the type that people like obvsiouly more than some boring RPG. btw feel free to bash it, I dont play war3 since years ago lol

Popularity isn't always equal to being EPIC you know... We would all agree that DotA isn't epic, but players doesn't really care about epic graphics or epic systems (only the community knows what systems are anyways)... Most DotA players want fast-paced action and that is what DotA gives them... And when they started playing, most of them doesn't have time for long games so DotA became a better option than playing RPG maps for example...

As for the problem of people not realizing that wc3 != DotA, it's not DotA's fault, it is those players fault for not even reading what they open... I mean its pretty obvious that wc3 is the game not DotA if youtook t ime to read the program's name or the one shown at the start screen...

I hope they won't make wc4, because that might totally kill wc3... And buying a new game is not a really good option...

but nonetheless, I'd still continue making my RPG maps coz they will always be my favorite...

Level 16
Attention: For those, seeking to defend thier precious DotA and break my arguments, it is workth reading it.

DotA just sucks. It is an overrated WC3 AOS map, only because it was one of the first of it's kind and only because it got too many host bots, making it "popular". It got nothing unique in it, really, like 2% of the things are new and imported. I really think the "most popular WC3 map" should have better terrain and inteface and a better look at all. It won't affect the sight range, if you put better trees doodads and cover the ugly blizz cliffs in sexy doodads like rocks and grasses. Really, some people install WC3 only to play DotA, and i dislike that VERY much. Because DotA is only 0.0001% of all the nice maps that can be played on WC3 and be enjoyed even more than DotA, but they aren't, because they arent the first of thier kind and they dont have host bots. It is really hard to create something new from a game that is 6-7 years old and is still alive. But besides, i believe it is alive because of DotA... And the thing i most dislike is, that 80% of the DotA players don't know what the WC3 actually is - Melee and otherwise. And so if they see the WC3 graphics anywhere else, thay should say it's DotA, because they don't know anything else about WC3 except DotA. So, DotA sucks. I agree that "maybe" before 5 years DotA might have been something nice and unique, but it lived far too long and became far too boring for the people, that are not addicted to it. Yes, DotA is an addicting game. My own brother is addicted to it, and that's one of my reasons why i hate it, he don't have any time for anything else than that stupid DotA. And neo_sluf, it's 75% of the WC3 players that play DotA, 30% are noobs and don't know what to do, 45% are addicted. And now they are even planning continuing that DotA in "DotA 2", and i am REALLY happy about it, because they are going away from WC3 and will leave the players see the real meaning of the game. And i got nothing against the "Anime maps", they are just another WC3 maps :p Let them play it, since they're not DotA :D
There are also many other AOS games, that are not in WC3, but are an other game. I'm happy that DotA is going to be so. Though, i fear that without DotA in WC3, the game should totally die. That's sad, because WC3 is a nice game... or WAS a nice game... :(
I hope Blizzard will make WC4 soon, but the chance for it is less than 1%, because they care too much about that WoW, that is becoming damn boring as well. :/

Ok, i think a wrote far too much, but i needed to describe what i think, and i did it :D

It's nice to see that people are still stupid enough to believe they can pull percentages out of their asses and say they're true.

Have you even opened battle.net in years? In 2 cycles of the custom games screen I'll see maybe 2-3 games of DotA, the rest are save/load rpg's, crappy tower defenses (no one hosts cube d or wmw anymore :goblin_cry:), anime foc's, and other AoS games. Maybe it's just US West, but DotA is actually a very small percentage of games. Once I get back onto my computer I'll screencap it for you.

And a little endnote, Blizzard will never make WCIV. The storyline was broken in WoW. On top of that Moneyvision would rather pump out expansions to WoW, SCII, and Diablo 3.

Level 6
I am afraid that when dota 2 is released.Most of dota players will not playing anymore warcraft. So i decided to make custom maps and keep promoting it in our place to make them realize that ICEFROG IS NOT THE CREATOR OF WARCRAFT III and DOTA IS NOT WARCRAFT and WARCRAFT IS NOT DOTA!...because all of my friends name WARCRAFT as DOTA.Because they thought WARCRAFT IS CREATED ONLY FOR DOTA!...hate it :(

Level 14
I am afraid that when dota 2 is released.Most of dota players will not playing anymore warcraft. So i decided to make custom maps and keep promoting it in our place to make them realize that ICEFROG IS NOT THE CREATOR OF WARCRAFT III and DOTA IS NOT WARCRAFT and WARCRAFT IS NOT DOTA!...because all of my friends name WARCRAFT as DOTA.Because they thought WARCRAFT IS CREATED ONLY FOR DOTA!...hate it :(

Exactly,if they really are dota addicted,why do they think that icefrog was the first developer? :O
The first developer was obviously Guinsoo,Roshan was named after his bowling ball :D,and Guinsoo was hired by blizz to help in making WoW,then Eul took over progress of it,now,if i ask my friends who are dotards who made dota first,they'll say ICEFROG YOU DUMB IDIOT,DO YOU EVEN PLAY DOTA?!

Level 16
Exactly,if they really are dota addicted,why do they think that icefrog was the first developer? :O
The first developer was obviously Guinsoo,Roshan was named after his bowling ball :D,and Guinsoo was hired by blizz to help in making WoW,then Eul took over progress of it,now,if i ask my friends who are dotards who made dota first,they'll say ICEFROG YOU DUMB IDIOT,DO YOU EVEN PLAY DOTA?!

Epic fail. Eul's came before Guinsoo. On top of that Eul based DotA on the SCI map Aeon of Strife. The reason Eul and Guinsoo are often forgotten is because before Icefrog took over development the game was imbalanced as fuck. Not saying that everything became peachy, (cough cough 6.49 mek + aoe spamfuck), but after Icefrog took the reigns it became much more popular, and became recognized for tournies. It also has slowly become more balanced the longer it has gone, although the latest patch almost broke pub play. Did you know that DotA is the most popular mod in the world?

In fact, DOTA is likely the most popular and most-discussed free, non-supported game mod in the world, judging by the numbers. (It's also been a notable inspiration for the plethora of Tower Defense Flash games in recent years.)

[self=http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=18863]Source[/self]

On top of that, the Internationale championship for DotA 2 was the highest cash prize for a game tournament ever, with Na'Vi taking home 1 million dollars.

Please don't just hate on DotA when you obviously don't know shit about it.

Level 14
Epic fail. Eul's came before Guinsoo. On top of that Eul based DotA on the SCI map Aeon of Strife. The reason Eul and Guinsoo are often forgotten is because before Icefrog took over development the game was imbalanced as fuck. Not saying that everything became peachy, (cough cough 6.49 mek + aoe spamfuck), but after Icefrog took the reigns it became much more popular, and became recognized for tournies. It also has slowly become more balanced the longer it has gone, although the latest patch almost broke pub play. Did you know that DotA is the most popular mod in the world?

[self=http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=18863]Source[/self]

On top of that, the Internationale championship for DotA 2 was the highest cash prize for a game tournament ever, with Na'Vi taking home 1 million dollars.

Please don't just hate on DotA when you obviously don't know shit about it.

lol,sorry for the confusion,i fail,btw,i just hate the random people who install warcraft just for the heck of DotA.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
This thread is just based on opinions to why a person would dislike DoTA, You can't go around saying "Oh, you fail! oh, you suck! oh, that's bullshit!" cause people share their opinions. I think I miss read the part of the thread title where opinions will be shot down...

Level 6
Well,
IN DOTA ARE MANY Bacoter'z (Troller) or Arrogant,
They say, I'am God'z :p you are noob'z
I'am Pro more than you!!
True, and some of them suck. But I have played DotA how it should be played in -cm games as a team as support used to be in some RGC leagues. Nothing pro but I knew how the game should be played. I have been around DotA since it was for the non-expansion game Reign of Chaos. I pretty much know what to do and what not to but really playing public level games doesnt do DotA justice as a game. So I do rage at players when they just do mindless actions. Sometimes I hold back but its disturbing the mistakes made this is why I need a new computer to use my dota 2 beta key :p.

P.S. Xian thats why DotA2 is being made so the nooblets have to atleast buy the game maybe that will make them try, and so that we dont gotta use that oldass 2002 engine or w/e. Hasn't ever really bothered me though I appreciate the strategy of it most. I recently got a ps3 and alot of games but I still find myself wanting to play dota over shooting somebody, even other puzzle games like portal 2 and stuff just doesnt give me what I need.

Last edited:
Level 10
this thread is funny, quite simple really if you dont like the game dont play it and stop wasting your time/energy thinking about it.

Level 16
This thread is just based on opinions to why a person would dislike DoTA, You can't go around saying "Oh, you fail! oh, you suck! oh, that's bullshit!" cause people share their opinions. I think I miss read the part of the thread title where opinions will be shot down...

I'm not hating on his opinions I said he failed with his "fact". It's cool that you have an opinion, and that opinion is dislike of DotA, but fact of the matter is it's wildly popular and incredibly relevant in our culture. And if you're going to hate you could at least post some reasons. Vunjo posted 12 incredibly awful reasons to hate DotA that all point to the fact that he played about 3 games and was smashed miserably, but at least he tried. The rest of these haters scream about balance and say it isn't noob friendly.

It's cute that you think I'm saying his opinion sucks, but his fact sucked. It's also cute that you came to post about how people are being supposedly treated in the thread and not staying on topic, something of which you could be reported for as spam.

@Space_Ship the main reason DotA is being transfered from warcraft III is to free it from the engine. Compared to the flexibility of good modding bases such as source sdk and unreal engine, using the map editor is like trying to fight with both hands tied behind your back. It limits the creativity and scope of the project. And no Icefrog isn't trying to get rich off of DotA. If he cared he would've put adds on playdota.com a long time ago, and I've heard rumors that DotA 2 will be free to play (NOTE THE WORD RUMORS). Personally I'm totally against free to play, because something might happen like in LoL, and even if it doesn't the pub games will get even worse with noobs. Games will basically be decided by which team has the most noobs. It'll be an awful week and a half before they all quit.

This thread is just based on opinions

--> and it was his opinion that the other's opinion sucked...

and I think that if Valve haven't approached IceFrog, he wouldn't have even tried of porting DotA into a stand alone game... Being pay to play doesn't guard a game from noobs because there are noobs that have lots of money to spare... and DotA 2 has a matchmaking feature which I think they will continue to refine...

_PV

_PV

Level 7
I'm not hating on his opinions I said he failed with his "fact". It's cool that you have an opinion, and that opinion is dislike of DotA, but fact of the matter is it's wildly popular and incredibly relevant in our culture. And if you're going to hate you could at least post some reasons. Vunjo posted 12 incredibly awful reasons to hate DotA that all point to the fact that he played about 3 games and was smashed miserably, but at least he tried. The rest of these haters scream about balance and say it isn't noob friendly.

It's cute that you think I'm saying his opinion sucks, but his fact sucked. It's also cute that you came to post about how people are being supposedly treated in the thread and not staying on topic, something of which you could be reported for as spam.

Oh I didn't mean harm with my post, I know haters should post valid reasons, but we shouldn't utterly break somebody down for stupid facts, I mean it's cool that you are with DoTA on this "Debate", and I respect you for acting as the opposing party in this thread against "DoTA haters".

DoTA is very renown and popular, Nobody can argue against that fact, but I have to agree with the agitation conjured by people who mistake DoTA for Warcraft 3, I mean - If there were no Warcraft 3, there wouldn't have been an AOS, or a DoTA; hell, this thread wouldn't have existed! Thus Warcraft forged DoTA into what it is today. (I know icefrog created it, but he did VIA warcraft 3 :>)

So yeah, no harm done, we are just sharing basic opinions over a game :p

Level 30
DotA stole a lot from every mapmaker. There are very low chances that your AoS map will be played, no matter is it better in fields of fun, originality, or gameplay. People are just used to it. And yet, there we come to that archintellectual question. I hoped that DotA 2 would draw away a part of players out from wc3, leaving emptier space for our maps, but that will never happen.

However, I am enjoying DotA for more than four years now, and I like to keep it as an motivation to improve my own map :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.