• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is wrong with DotA?

Why do you hate DotA?

• I don't hate DotA.

Votes: 41 20.9%
  • I hate the people who play it.

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • It's a poorly made map.

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • My Narotu map has better spelpax than DotA and I think DotA people should learn to appreciate good s

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • It takes up space on BNET...

Votes: 41 20.9%
  • DoE > DotA -.-

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
The problem with DotA is the imbalance in the game modes I think...

I normally play ar with my friends, but I decided to join a pub today. It was sdem (or something like that). It was kind of neat, there were 3 choices to pick from. But the mode was em which I think is easy mode, right? That's where you get mad exp and you don't have to even try to get gold?

Anyway, the story goes that I had Radiance farmed in 14 minutes (Dark Seer) and I had my Travels in 17. I then went and basically just farmed the shit. I think the game last a little less than an hour and I ended up with 495 creep kills. Apparently though, because it was em, everyone else had the same exact items as me...just 40 minutes later. My team ended up losing because I let Vengeful Spirit "farm" a Butterfly. He had Butterfly at 40 minutes with fucking Treads.

I think the modes definitely ruin the game >>

The problem with DotA is the imbalance in the game modes I think...

I normally play ar with my friends, but I decided to join a pub today. It was sdem (or something like that). It was kind of neat, there were 3 choices to pick from. But the mode was em which I think is easy mode, right? That's where you get mad exp and you don't have to even try to get gold?

Anyway, the story goes that I had Radiance farmed in 14 minutes (Dark Seer) and I had my Travels in 17. I then went and basically just farmed the shit. I think the game last a little less than an hour and I ended up with 495 creep kills. Apparently though, because it was em, everyone else had the same exact items as me...just 40 minutes later. My team ended up losing because I let Vengeful Spirit "farm" a Butterfly. He had Butterfly at 40 minutes with fucking Treads.

I think the modes definitely ruin the game >>
Actually there are only two heroes that aren't balanced good enough(Lycan,Proudmoore) but they can be easily knocked down by a team with 2 disables.

All Pick is the most fail mod ever!

Noobs usually make All pick servers just to pick Alleria or Proudmoore!

While we have the same heroes,anyway,the only thing that remained godly about Dota is that badass loading screen!

No no no.They are not overpowered in the new version.And ap is not noob mode.It's the best mode for making out combos.

Level 13
You are the dumbest person I have ever seen.Tell me valid reasons the map isn't good.It has great gameplay,great effects.Just because the credits are on the internet and not in the map you all start flaming it...

great effects ? that seriously made me rofl
great gameplay ? yeah, it is great .... (sarcasm)
it has no balance
terrain is below "almost average"
community is filled with dotard no lifers like you
also it lacks of credit

great effects ? that seriously made me rofl
great gameplay ? yeah, it is great .... (sarcasm)
it has no balance
terrain is below "almost average"
community is filled with dotard no lifers like you
also it lacks of credit

well i told you this all time..but your little brain can't understand it..i have a life,more important than yours.Look at Crystal Maiden's ulti to see nice effects or Enigma's Black Hole.It HAS balance,how many times shall i say this?My opinion is that you should quit life.

Millions of people go for choosing bush as a president, they can't be wrong? Please, give me a break. That's the most stupid thing said by you yet.

Not to mention dota is completely dishonorable to anything ever made.

This it the best thing I have ever heard.Seriously.Well,listen:

It is true that DotA's forum and people who play it are aggressive and damn harsh to noobs.But you can't blame the map for it.It is entertaining,admit that.It is a well made map.Probably not the best but surely one of them.

Level 15
Stasman, you're still avoiding the question. Tell us specific reasons why it sucks. And don't say the community, because that's a bunch of bullshit. The community isn't bad if you go to their forums. Half the people who you see host pubs get banned from the forums.

Level 13
Stasman, you're still avoiding the question. Tell us specific reasons why it sucks. And don't say the community, because that's a bunch of bullshit. The community isn't bad if you go to their forums. Half the people who you see host pubs get banned from the forums.

well guess what , I registered in the forums , and I found out another reason to dislike the community . I'll give you a little hint : Thread - which dota's girl character is sexiest ? (they are putting pictures) xD

Level 12
Stasman, you are still avoiding the question

oh, and only becouse 1 jackass makes a thread asking what dota hero is the sexiest, does that mean all of them want to make one? or are even interested in the question?

but i must agree, on the latest verisons, balance hasnt been the good side of the patches

Level 15
You come into a thread for discussion about DotA and bash it. You give crappy reasons as to why you're bashing it, merely calling us "Dotards". You do nothing but troll and expect us to be nice to you.

Tell me, what the hell is wrong with you and DotA? Did it touch you innaproriately when you were 5 or something?

Level 15
Seriously, you're the root of all the flaming and trolling that's gone on in this thread. You think that because we play DotA that makes us uncivilized maggots.

Let me tell you something; you're the uncivilized maggot. Learn some respect and manners and then come and try to prove to us that DotA sucks.

nubcakez

EDIT: Damn, they totally raped your thread.

And look at that! You're back at it again. Quit calling us Dotards and actually learn some new insults, newbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.