• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is wrong with DotA?

Why do you hate DotA?

• I don't hate DotA.

Votes: 41 20.9%
  • I hate the people who play it.

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • It's a poorly made map.

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • My Narotu map has better spelpax than DotA and I think DotA people should learn to appreciate good s

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • It takes up space on BNET...

Votes: 41 20.9%
  • DoE > DotA -.-

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Third party tools getting overwhored, takes 50% of the space in the Gamelist (G) and has always those stupid two modes (from the 50 or something) ''adem and sdem''.

Level 17
There are too many retarded people playing dota.

There are the noobs entering a game titled 'pro' or 'skilled', there are the leavers, the emo leavers ("oh, I got killed, f* u all, bye"), the infinitely ignorant ("I'm too lazy to spend 2 minutes from my life to read a list what the different game modes are about") the stupid flamers and so on. Against these the 3rd party tool, banlist can offer some protection, but not much.

Imbalances: There are some heroes the player doesn't have to do anything with but to click the right mouse button to attack and they just harvest the kills without any effort (Razor, for example). There are some heroes with highly imbalanced skills, for example: Moon Rider (Luna) - An ultimate attack of 3000 magic damage... It's not even channeling or something. Or the former Phantom Assassin, as already mentioned.

Dota can be fun though, just make sure you play with people you know and don't enter ap/sd/ar and ANY -easymode games. The most balanced and most retard-free modes are -rd / -lm / -xl.

Level 26
I think DotA is nice,but the problem is that there are a lot of people who behave like idiots.

For example those who leave when they died for the first time, those flamers and those who say after some1 left " Oh noes!!11He eft!1!!!! banned!!!!" because those who left the game could create a new username anyway D:

Level 5
DotA is fun.. But the community sucks, i know..

Still, the gameplay is brilliant ! Heroes aren't imbalanced, depends on how good you are at using the different heroes.. Some heroes are easier to use than others, but not necessarily better.. Just don't feed.. XD

Level 17
Good players with a little dignity don't really pick imbalanced/easymode heroes but when you play against an equally skilled player who's with one of those you'll see the difference. I also hate the league lane-picks. Crix / Omni, for example. I don't like to play to win, I like to play to have fun but sometimes it's rock/paper/scissors. An easy win is no victory, but losing in a close match is a little victory.
I wouldn't call the gameplay brilliant, it's good and simple, but not brilliant.

Level 7
I wouldn't mind DotA. I mean I don't really like AoS's but it has some of the best triggered spells out there.
However, it's just completely overtaken battle.net, and that means less angel arena and winter maul for meh. Also, the people there are elitist jackasses. Honestly... banlists? really? it's nearly impossible to break into the game without pissing off hundreds of people.

And also, I never thought it was very balanced, the majority of games I've played, the ancients win.

Level 3
DOTA is overplayed, confusing, and too be honest, over done...also, people cannot tell that DOTA is too damn old now...since I played it when it first came out and never since ;)...and people hated the shit out of it then, and noone hosted it, now everyone does...WTF

Level 10
DotA is a great map, it is the perfection of modding, not very creative though.
What bothers me on DotA that sometimes I think that DotA avoid other maps to be played. It gathered a dumb community over the years, and people should stop being stubborn and know it isn't everything in bnet custom games.

DotA is a great map, it is the perfection of modding, not very creative though.
What bothers me on DotA that sometimes I think that DotA avoid other maps to be played. It gathered a dumb community over the years, and people should stop being stubborn and know it isn't everything in bnet custom games.

made me laugh. DoE Is thousands of times better scripted than DotA, in fact, most TRIGGERS in DotA are in GUI.

Level 10
I didn't vote because I could only choose one option, but...

To me it was a very mediocre map. Not bad, but has some balance and game-play issues. However, it takes up half, if not more than half the space in the custom games list, all of it's players are assholes, and from what I hear the creators/updaters/whateveryoudangkidscallthemthesedays are too.

Basically, it's hard for new names to get recognized due to it, and it breeds anger and elitism.

Although the AoS genre isn't the best of genres, I've seen better AoSs, although if it had a decent community and playing it in private didn't mean I supported the game itself I might play it every once in a while. As is, however, no.

Level 17
Emperor_Jackal. Oh really? Last time I checked map protections and optimizers removed all the GUI crap triggers from the protected/optimized maps.
It's really easy to notice if a trigger was converted from inferior GUI trash to JASS since GUI adds a lot of useless shit to the code, so if a JASSer says that DotA was written in GUI after seeing the deprotected map just believe him.

Oh really, last time I checked from a guy that unlocked a slightly older version of DotA, all the triggers were in JASS

Desert of Exile has been scripted by best JASSers alive, while dota has s huge shitload of GUI shit. And if you have no clue what you are talking about, please, shut up.

OMG DOTA HAS STACKIN' SYSTM MADE IN GUI ZOMFG

Level 5
What is NOT wrong with DoTA?
It's horribly made and central against certain tactics.
Stuns? WHY DO YOU ADD STUNS!? Stuns are HORRIBLE! They STOP ALL MOVEMANT AND SPELLS.
Stuns give no tactical abilities. A team could go all stunners and easily own people.
And the game is WAYYY TOOOO CENTRALLLIZZEEDD around items. My friend plays a few games of EACH version and says, "This version FAILS, horribly."
Why do people play it? What is the AGE GROUP of the DoTA Players? Know what? I'll make a topic off that!

Status
Not open for further replies.