• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why do you hate DOTA..??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Yeah. If you use the strategy that everyone does, you'll get owned. The best way to play heroes is your own unique way.

You can be unique and buy desolater on anti-mage, but you're probably retarded if you do that. All heroes have starting, core, extension luxury, and situational items that should take into consideration. Although you are correct in that unique builds sometimes work exceedingly well, although it is all situational.

Being dynamic is a very important skill in DotA. Anyone who denies that is most likely a noob.

Techies can deal with gem if you're not an idiot. There are gem killer spots like apheraz said. Although I don't quite agree with the way sonofjay plays techs. While aghs does increase cast range, it isn't the old 1000 it used to be. Using mines as a movable nuke is dangerous, because it leaves you vulnerable for 2 seconds. Although a 750 damage aoe magic nuke is valuable, you should never dismiss the power of massing a few mines. Using mines as nukes is a skill that fits the battle techs build, I'd probably guinsoo and lay a stunner on them, or see if anyone can initiate so i can lay a stunner. If there isn't time for a stunner, I just straight lay the remote. Tbh there are a bajillion ways to play techies, just like any hero.

Level 28
All of us have our own game style on any kind of heroes and this build is my type and really fitting for my play style I can't see the problems on my way of playing techies,

Hmmm, when I'm still playing dota this is my build to techies.

BoT, Dagger(not for blink suicide) or lothar, dagon also have have a guinsoo and aghanim's scepter. I just roam the map then do a blink guinsoo land mine, remote then some hit then dagon. I'm not really a suicide type, if I'm being chased and already used the dagger or lothar, I plant statis then just stay there, I can even kill the chasing hero by planting land mine and remote.

This build won lots of match, its really just depend who uses the hero and how he plays it. I'm successful on this kind of build so I have no problem on it.

Level 16
All of us have our own game style on any kind of heroes and this build is my type and really fitting for my play style I can't see the problems on my way of playing techies,

This build won lots of match, its really just depend who uses the hero and how he plays it. I'm successful on this kind of build so I have no problem on it.

While you're farming taht 12000 gold build your team loses. I'm not saying that build wouldn't work, but there are a few things about it that don't quite make sense. The strategy of blinking in to guinsoo/stasis would work wonderfully, but getting dagon instead of a dps item doesn't seem like it would be a good choice. With some AS boost, techies can actually dish out some heavy physical, especially with his 650 range (orchids is a solid item because AS/Damage/dmg amp/silence turns techies into an actual battle threat)

I'm sure that that build has worked on some games, especially em games where you can farm those luxury items, but there are very few circumstances where that build is applicable. Most of the time you should stick to your soul ring/aghs and then build whatever your team needs, whether that be pipe, shivas, halberd, or abyssal. You really can't just say that something is your permanent build for a hero.

Every hero has core items that are recommended for that hero to function properly. For example, vladmirs offering is a standard item on ursa. It is the only lifesteal that works with his orb, and it drastically increases his survivability (fury swipes will give you like 300 hp back), and allows him to kill roshan solo early. Every hero also has luxury items. Those would be mkb, radiance, guinsoos, etc. Situational items are items such as bkb, pipe, shivas, etc. They are used to counter heroes. Like those people said earlier in the thread, DotA is a dynamic game. You have to adapt.

We should organize a Hive DotA game. I wanna play you guys now.

Ah. So you're using the english spelling... I see... that's why... I'm always used to using the tagalog spelling, which is certainly used by other countries too...

and if ur saying that using the F spelling means I don't know much, then you should tell that to our public officials too as I haven't seen anyone in the government that uses the Ph spelling on their write ups...

Last time I played, well I kinda not played well (DotA 2), and before that, hmmm... more than a month ago... anyway, I'll join if ever I am available and you need an extra teammate... but definitely, I guess I could only do so at weekends coz classes will be starting next week and I'd be busy with registration matters this week...

Status
Not open for further replies.