• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why do you hate DOTA..??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
you guys are going too deep on this topic. dota is a fun map because you can pwn noobs. THAT IS WHY EVERYONE PLAYS IT. if you cant pwn then you will hate it. it is the competitive nature of the map that draws players from all over the world. people join a game with the hopes of winning and crushing the opposing team. and the sense of accomplishment gained when winning a game will always bring you back.

I rather play against a team consisting of better players than myself and perhaps lose, instead of stomping noobs in public games.

Therefore, you're argument is invalid.

I think to non really hate dota. That is one of the best or maybe best wc3 scenario. It's so complex, unique, coded, so many game mods, etc. I do not hate dota it's good for fun. And when I lose I love it. I play games for fun and I hate my hammered friends who when lose start: ''TART'' ''NOOB'' ''FU'' etc. I play sometime I win sometime I lose and that's true. They play like this:
''mod -apso>entered>w8 f seconds> mirana/shadow fiend/huskar/barathrom/troll/ursa and click then until selection is opened. Omfg dota have more then 100 heroes and they play with 5 thats thing what I hate

DotA isn't unique... and it is definitely not the best wc3 map... its not even close to the great maps... but the thing is, a lot of wc3 players only know DotA... and if by coded you mean uses vJASS/JASS, there's a lot of other good maps using those...

and also, it is so publicized, that is why a lot of players are playing it, lots of noobs even think that DotA is the game... if DotA wasn't publicized that much, I don't think that a lot of players will be playing it...

@shinji: Judging from the posts above, your post could only either be for me or for sonofjay so...

I ain't flaming noobs, I'm just stating a fact... I never knew that stating a well known fact is considered flaming nowadays... Then I guess no one should state a fact now if that is the case...

And I do teach noobs, in real life dude, just in case you don't know... I haven't encountered a noob here that thinks that DotA is the game so you will never see me doing it in this forums dude...

Level 14
@shinji: Judging from the posts above, your post could only either be for me or for sonofjay so...

I ain't flaming noobs, I'm just stating a fact...

And I do teach noobs that wc3 is the game, in real life dude, just in case you don't know... I haven't encountered a noob here that thinks that DotA is the game so you will never see me doing it in this forums dude...

I think you should learn to know someone first before saying that they are flaming...

Wait... I did not say you were flaming. I didn't even say your name. Stop making me look like an idiot.

DotA is made of major work. Do not say that it isn't unique. Look at the AI of DotA, AI for one hero is more than 1500 lines.

Well, just judging from the posts above and the timing of your post, it could only be viewed as pertaining to me or sonofjay... If it wasn't for the two of us, then blame the timing of your post... XD...

an AI doesn't really make a map unique... I actually believe that uniqueness has a pretty large scope...

Parts of DotA is unique, but DotA as a whole isn't...

And for me, there isn't a map or even a game in this age that can be considered as completely unique...

Level 14
Well, just judging from the posts above and the timing of your post, it could only be viewed as pertaining to me or sonofjay... If it wasn't for the two of us, then blame the timing of your post... XD...

an AI doesn't really make a map unique... I actually believe that uniqueness has a pretty large scope...

Parts of DotA is unique, but DotA as a whole isn't...

But we must appreciate their work. I think DotA is the most hard worked map ever.

Level 28
Hmmm, when I'm still playing dota this is my build to techies.

BoT, Dagger(not for blink suicide) or lothar, dagon also have have a guinsoo and aghanim's scepter. I just roam the map then do a blink guinsoo land mine, remote then some hit then dagon. I'm not really a suicide type, if I'm being chased and already used the dagger or lothar, I plant statis then just stay there, I can even kill the chasing hero by planting land mine and remote.

I mostly do, BoT, Bloodstone, Aga, Skadi, Guinsoo, Shiva/Dagon on techies... and I always plant lots of stasis along the lanes to help me and my teammates if ever we need to run... XD... and I like using mines on the towers... XD and if I'd really die, then I use suicide... the bloodstone helps me a lot in this case... there was a time when I was ressurected instantly due to lots of bloodstone charges [bloodstone + suicide's half death duration only is ownage].... XD...

Level 14
My early and late game OWNING build is.
Sacrificial ring, arcane boots, aganim, guinsoo, force staff, Orchid.

First I'll put some mines in the side lane secret shop. And once you have level 3 suicide, go for suicide kills. After level 6 put a lot of remote mines and kill enemies. Finally, push using normal mines and it should be over.

Level 30
Talkin' bout Techies, I just found an old image of my ex-boyfriend's sister playing Tech. Dunno how Lightning Attack and Illusions help it, but bi*ch was too crazy to not be captured x)
186519-albums3700-picture58399.jpg

Level 6
wELL for others to know.......this thread is intended for users who had some comments about DOTA map.Although it says why do you hate dota..its not really mean 100% HATE!...well if you don't hate SAYS I LIKE IT LOL!..me also is a dota player (WONDERBOYZ DOTA TEAM Member (TANKER(AXE) but good also on using (HUSKAR,VIPER NERUBIAN WEAVER) i am not expert in using techies (BOOOM!)

Level 25
yeah, techies, WOOPS someone bought Wards, gg.

Techies is greatly underestimated.

No I am not trolling.

Aghanims mines in a teamfight can easily dish out a thousand-ish damage on the whole other team combined with decent heroes in your team. And that is simply if we don't consider his other regular mines. Also, if he manage to hit someone with a stasis trap in a teamfight, it has huge impact as well. That duration is insane.

Though, if the other team aren't retarded, and/or gets gem early, and techies don't get that agha or any farm at all. Then he is more or less complete crap.

Level 14
Techies is greatly underestimated.

No I am not trolling.

Aghanims mines in a teamfight can easily dish out a thousand-ish damage on the whole other team combined with decent heroes in your team. And that is simply if we don't consider his other regular mines. Also, if he manage to hit someone with a stasis trap in a teamfight, it has huge impact as well. That duration is insane.

Though, if the other team aren't retarded, and/or gets gem early, and techies don't get that agha or any farm at all. Then he is more or less complete crap.

TECHIES IS SO POWERFUL ON DAMAGE that's why it is rarely used in battle because of its hard to use. HIS SUICIDE is very powerful yet hard to use.

Yup. Especially if youre techies runs slow.

The enemies focusing on nerfing techies can also work the other way, especially if they focused too much on techies...

The remote mines still deal a lot more damage than suicide... and why use suicide when you can kill them all with a well placed remote mine in the middle of a clash? XD

@Elainiel - yeah, hitting the opponents with a single stasis at the right moment have a really huge impact...

Not really dude... Gem is good if you're looking out for the bombs, but when situations when you cannot really afford to attack bombs, nah... and since right now, killing the remote mines still trigger the explo, only the ranged chars can effectively kill the remote mines...

It's all about when and how you place your mines... dynamic techies not a static techies...

Level 14
Not really dude... Gem is good if you're looking out for the bombs, but when situations when you cannot really afford to attack bombs, nah... and since right now, killing the remote mines still trigger the explo, only the ranged chars can effectively kill the remote mines...

It's all about when and how you place your mines... dynamic techies not a static techies...

I agree. I killed the guy with the gem by placing the remote mine under him.

Status
Not open for further replies.