1. Vote on the best bounty the oceans have to offer! The poll for the 34th Modeling Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Awaken what lies in the heart of your swarm. The 17th Techtree Contest has arrived!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff Job Openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Warhammer: Eternal Strife

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Nightmare2077, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Nightmare2077

Nightmare2077

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Warhammer: Eternal Strife. Act I [BETA]
    By Nightmare
    >Melee, Main version
    Now on Discord!
    Join in >>> here <<<

[​IMG]

Campaign Info:
    This is a work-in-progress version of Act I of the campaign for my Warhammer: Eternal Strife mod. As of summer 2016, 5 chapters are done. Act I will consists of 13 chapters (+prologue) with 6 parallel plotlines. All chapters are available from the start for your convenience, although you are expected to play in order.
    I have also attached the Campaign Guide in .pdf; this guide has gameplay tips, walkthrough, screenshots and additional plot-related information.

If you are not yet familiar with it, please check out the Altered Melee, on which this campaign is based.

Breif chapter description:
    NOTE: for details, please see the Campaign Guide in .pdf
    1. Snowy northern wastes. You play as Warriors of Chaos, defeating a hostile northmen tribe.
    2. Jungles of Lustria. As Lizardmen, you defend a sacred temple against a Skaven invasion.
    3. Rainy autumn evening in Empire. Brave and competent capitan of a small village's guard Stephan von Muttner doing his duty to his Fatherland.
    4. Darklands, the realm of Orcs and Goblins. Defeat the rival greenskin tribes.
    5. Dark Elven raid on a remote human-populated archipelago. The events turn when High Elves are sighted.

Features:
    I have to admit that I put a lot of effort (some might say even too much of it :eekani:) in making and beta-testing these first chapters of the campaign, so I can vouch for them being without any non-minor bugs and interesting to play (pardon my bragging tone). This is especially true for later missions.
    One of main features is Warhammer Quiz system which works in the following way: you can find up to 3 Warhammer Quizbooks in any given chapter; after every third chapter, you are offered to take a Quiz, containing questions about WH:FB universe. Right answers are rewarded by minor bonuses, which depend on the number of Quizbooks you found.
    In addition to Quiz Books, every chapter has one hidden Easter Egg. I don't expect many of you to find them, but see if you can!

Screenshots:
    Screenshots
    1-On Track
    [​IMG]

1-On Track
    [​IMG]

1-On Track
    [​IMG]

2-Ongoing War
    [​IMG]

2-Ongoing War
    [​IMG]

3-Daily Routine
    [​IMG]

3-Daily Routine
    [​IMG]

3-Daily Routine
    [​IMG]

4-(QuizBooks)
    [​IMG]

4-(QuizBooks)
    [​IMG]

4-A Call to Answer
    [​IMG]

4-A Call to Answer
    [​IMG]

4-A Call to Answer
    [​IMG]

5-Gronkjaer Isles
    [​IMG]

5-Gronkjaer Isles
    [​IMG]

Campaign-specific credits:
    Credits
    Hive resources: Blood Raven, Lord_T, Uncle Fester, viiva
    Music: Zero Endorphine (Unrein, 1998) by Oomph!

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or you find any bugs, please contact me here or anywhere else!
    Thanks and have fun everyone!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  2. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Cool! Also, I'm in need of screenshots :D

3. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    YAY !! Another campaign. Keep adding more content to the thread and dont abandon it plzzz.

4. Krouchnoufnouf

Krouchnoufnouf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks awesome but more screenshots will be cool !

5. Theoden of KoMe

Theoden of KoMe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Im a fan of Warhammer series.I have also played you altered melee maps.I will download the campaign file and play and inform you of my option.Keep working mate!!

6. Nightmare2077

Nightmare2077

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks to everyone showing interest in my project! I've uploaded the screenshots. And don't you worry, I'm not quitting this project, even if it talkes half-a-decade to finish it!.. well unless I get a life or some such horror ;D

7. Leo Akastenix

Leo Akastenix

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do u need A.I? I can help with cmapaign ais

8. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    First mission:
    Gold mine quest text is the same as the main quest;
    Killing three barracks is enough for victory.
    Staff of Change should read "random critter" instead of sheep (and maybe include chaos spawns among the list of units).
    Make Warriors bigger, or at least easier to separate from Marauders.

Second mission:
    Chameleons have poison, Skirmishers don't.
    Jungle serpents have the Giant rat tooltip.
    Chieftain's summon spell is for lizards.
    Spawning Pools have no icon.
    You should use the naga responses instead of humans and blood elf.
    The Infested Townhall doesn't need to be destroyed to win. Also, I really feel Skavens having a human building (in Lustria no less) is weird. Perhaps you could use the Starcraft version (especially in a campaign): capturing a human town hall giving access to special units.

Third mission:
    Stephan has no hero glow.
    Im Glessishritt- wha? Translation please?
    Bachmann died with 1:14 left to go.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  9. Nightmare2077

Nightmare2077

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    cleavinghammer, big thanks for reporting bugs and voicing suggestions. I will gladly fix/implement the stuff you pointed out (well, most of it anyway :D).
    Regarding buildings>victory in missions 1&2, the trigger actually checks how many buildings are remaining, doesn't matter which ones; therefore it's enough to destroy most of the base.
    As for 3rd mission, Im Gleichschritt, Soldaten (=march, soldiers) and one other line by Bachmann (Meine Wunden=My wounds) are in German; although Games-Workshop don't explicitly assign this language to the imperials, it's blatantly obvious that the Empire "is" Germany. The fact that mission ended with 1:14 timer is most likely due to two knights near Bachmann being killed (the quest explicitly says 'The knights protecting Bachmann must survive').

Leo Akastenix, thanks for your offer, but as of now I am content with how my GUI-trigger AI is working. It's (very) simple yet effective, I don't think I require much more at the moment. So I feel your efforts are best placed elsewhere, but again thanks for the offer.

10. sarumanthecursed

sarumanthecursed

Resources:
    Resources:
    this looks really good gonna play it now

11. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    In that case there should be a message warning that the knights are under attack.

Also, the German for Captain has a K (Capitan is Spanish).

12. Leo Akastenix

Leo Akastenix

Resources:
    Resources:
    You should at least add hero glow, its really easy.. theres a tutorial on hive all abt that

13. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Fourth mission: you should set the enemy to mine 1 gold instead of 10, there's barely anything left after you take the base over. A specific number of units to kill would be good too.
    You can't build past 100 food.

You should have the quiz books tell you how many there are per level, I only found seven.

14. Nightmare2077

Nightmare2077

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There are 3 books on each level, no exceptions. I have it written right here in the first post; in the campaign admittedly no, I thought that player would assume that 9 QB per 3 missions = 3 QB per each one.

Too little gold in chapter 4? The mines are set to 2500 when you capture them, unless they have over 2500 (nothing happens then), so it can't be THAT little.
    Might I ask on what difficulty are you playing? If hard, then yes, it IS supposed to be (very) pressing, that's precisely the point: you can't afford to lose time because while you do, your precious gold-to-be-mined is wasted.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  15. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Fifth mission: Not sure about Enslave, to me it'd work better as a passive (for example if the Corsair gets the killing blow) or autocast (whenever the target's HP is low enough).

Overall: A good start, but you could put more music in.

16. Leo Akastenix

Leo Akastenix

Resources:
    Resources:
    So.. any news??

17. Nightmare2077

Nightmare2077

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You'll have to specify that...
    As I've said in post #9, I don't think I need help with AI, but thanks for the offer.
    As for your suggestion to add hero glow – thanks for that, it simply didn't occur to me. I of course know how to do it, even more so I have done it in the past for many heroes in my altered melee. Once I update the campaign, I will surely implement that.

18. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Are they meant to be played in order?

19. Uklabokalala

Uklabokalala

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I love Warhammer Fantasy! I'm looking forward to this!

20. Nightmare2077

Nightmare2077

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    To quote the description: Act I will consists of 13 chapters (+prologue) with 6 parallel plotlines. All chapters are available from the start for your convenience, although you are expected to play in order. In other words, plot-wise it's irrelevant at this point (5 chapters) in which order you play; plots introduced in these early chapters will only continue later, namely starting chapter 7. However, order does matter for the purpose of collecting quiz-books and easter eggs; although it can be argued that this is a non-essential part of the campaign that is only meant to add flavor, and can therefore be neglected.

Uklabokalala, I'm glad to hear of your excitement! Please feel free to share any thoughts/comments/suggestions/bug-reports as you play through!