• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Warhammer: Eternal Strife (alt. melee+campaign) [Gamma]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hello everyone,
Since early 2011 I've been working on an Altered Melee mod for Warcraft III based on Warhammer Fantasy Battle universe (not to confuse with Warhammer40K universe). After all these years it looks like it's finally almost ready for the release on this great website, HiveWorkshop. Some things are lacking though (of that later), so I'm posting it here rather than map section. I plan to upload it there within next month.

A 4-player Altered Melee map features 7 fully-developed (and perhaps even overdevloped:eekani:) playable races: Skaven, Lizardmen, High Elves, Empire, Dwarfs, Warriors of Chaos and Orcs&Goblins. All 4 original Warcraft III races are intact and are also playable. Unfortunately, I've made no AI for the custom races (I plan to in the future), and PC can play only as original races.
Note: as the map weighs above 8MB, in order to play it in multilayer you'll have to use this wonderful tool.

I've also started making a sort of campaign (or a set of (yet) independent scenarios, if you will) based on my alt. melee. You can also try it if you like the idea. The campaign contains 4 chapters.

All maps I'm uploading are open-source. Feel free to look around them if you are interested.

Things that I am aware of that I plan to do/fix/add/remake before the final release:
Melee map:
-Make a custom loading screen, perhaps place some info on it.
-Quite a lot of tooltips would benefit from rewriting
-Credit list (I've used a lot of custom resources. Big thanks to all who made them!)
-Write at least a rudimentary guide describing races (with pretty tech tree pictures, in-depth ability description, perhaps some lore/backstories, comments, etc).
-Intensive bug-testing
Campaign:
-Chapter II and IV new loading screens
-Unreceived quests are not shown yet
-Finish the Campaign Guide (see the unfinished version in attached .doc)
-Intensive bug-testing

Please post any questions, suggestions, bugs etc here.
Thanks and have fun!

[thread outdated, attachements removed. Map uploaded to map section]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.