• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft IV - Possibilies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
They definitely still have a lot in store for Warcraft, World of Warcraft isn't completed yet and they already saw how popular Warcraft III was, there'll be some surprise soon that would knock players off their feet again I guess.

Level 27
They definitely still have a lot in store for Warcraft, World of Warcraft isn't completed yet and they already saw how popular Warcraft III was, there'll be some surprise soon that would knock players off their feet again I guess.

Well, acording to those leaked Blizzard plans, they are firstly going to release like two more Wow expansions and probably a Wow movie.

The horror!

Level 19
I wouldn't mind, anything that keeps the Warcraft storyline going is fine with me.
Warcraft III has the potential to survive for a really long time even without it being soon though, so that wouldn't be much of a problem.
In fact, it would be more of something to inspire players and give them more ideas about lore based maps as well, since the storyline would be expanded with the expansions:)

Level 27
I wouldn't mind, anything that keeps the Warcraft storyline going is fine with me.
Warcraft III has the potential to survive for a really long time even without it being soon though, so that wouldn't be much of a problem.
In fact, it would be more of something to inspire players and give them more ideas about lore based maps as well, since the storyline would be expanded with the expansions:)

Yea, but.. ussually expanding the story when it kinda like approached it's logical ending leads to... negative results.
Including that current Blizzard games have a pretty much weak storyline...

Level 19
Heh, we'll try to expand the Warcraft III mapmaking community via the various means then, that way Warcraft IV would have more hope of coming out earlier or at least, something epic would happen to improve Warcraft III:)

Level 19
Me too, I think Blizzard would be smart enough to come up with a way to suit our needs and make loads of people play the game, just like what they did on most of their other games:)

Level 27
I just wish it would have the editor as good as SC2 (Now when I learnt the Galaxy editor I don't mind it's overcomplication. seriously. If I here can learn how to use it, you can do the same with no problem, I mean stuff like that is usually my weakness), enjoyable gameplay and great graphics. And an excelent multiplayer support.

Level 27
Wrong: no achievements when offline. A subtle thing, but it just shows how they really don't like you playing without being attached to them.

Erm I guess that's more of online thing, I mean achievements are linked to your account, and guessing how they hate people Haaxing just for achievements (Singleplayer trainer using leads to perma-ban, lolwut?), I guess that's just another anti-cheater measure.

Level 19
Maybe Blizzard would release a surprise Warcraft IV game, with features we wouldn't expect, just like in some of their other games.
If it does come out, I'd be sticking to Warcraft III and IV, unless Warcraft IV is somehow linked to Warcraft III and all maps can be transfer-able.

Level 19
Considering Warcraft III already came with the communities over the years, more people would be exposed to your maps than any other new game.

Level 19
So... We could greatly a lot expect more from it along the way, even though many say it's dying, I somehow believe it won't, based on periodic data.

Level 12
Wait wait wait, where would the lore start from? I mean will it go from War3 or WoW: Cata. Will the RTS be the same lore like WoW and expansions or a full new story? After Deathwings Death and why don't the use The Old Gods more they are AWESOME!!!!

Level 19
Who knows, that could also help bring players to other new lore games they could be creating once they get everyone into the lore.

Level 19
I've only played it's trial, but Warcraft III still seemed nice even after so long so I decided to stay in Warcraft III.

Level 6
Azeroth is Apocalypseland. A zombie outbreak?! Oh noes! We defeated it lolwhut? AAAAAAAAHHH DEEEMUNZZ! RUN FER YOUR LIFES! We killed teh demuns o_O? How we do dat? OH CRAP A DRAGON! IT'S DESTROYING THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT?! We killed it...:|

Level 5
dont u guys think there should be a warcraft 4? wc3 was a total success, and people are still crazy aboot it! a new story... new races... how about we wipe out the humans? y not? now they have sc2 and there is a lot of angry people complaining about LAN. wc3 is dieing of age, and wow, is making problems for those not wanting to pay, or get all those endless expansions...
should there be a warcraft 4?

Level 22
In theory there should but with the current WoW running the war3 story, what would they make? The brother of the brother of Arthas? The long forgotten ancestor of Deathwing? Or remake the story from where it ended in War3 TFT? Fucking face it, if you want better and newer graphics, move to SC2, cause War4/ remake of a game with newer graphics - never (as if you dont know Blizzard) ain't be any time soon if it is ever made. And since war4 won't be any time soon (and who says it will be ever?) and people wanted something new, this is the main reason why so many war3ers moved to sc2. War3 was great, but too old now and too played for several years by some of us old schoolers.

(mod note: might as well move these 2 posts to the other thread about wc3 remake which is nearly the same)

Level 3
I'm going to explain you the sittuation. First of all, warcraft 4 would probably be bad. Why?

First of all, because it would take a great computer to run it, which is a huge disadvantage in strategy games, warcraft 3 was designed for pretty much any computer.
Secondly, because the pre-cata story is absolute stupidty, and last of all, because it would be almost identical to warcraft 3, since inventing new concepts is not likely.

Warcraft 3 was the stroke of a genius. Games like that don't happen every day. The advantages of warcraft 3 were:
-Brilliant lore and storyline;
-Incredible campaigns that take you beyond the lore;
-Amazing gameplay mechanics;
-Great graphics, yet low system requirement;
-High level of customization.

While I'd love warcraft 4, I doubt it could even live up to half the potential warcraft 3 has.

First of all, because it would take a great computer to run it, which is a huge disadvantage in strategy games, warcraft 3 was designed for pretty much any computer.
I lol'd. Why do you think the game would run slowly on computers when you can obviously see that blizzard's games are all optimized. I can even run starcraft 2 on my shitty laptop from 5 years ago on low settings.
If they were to make Warcraft IV, the visuals would probably be the first thing to be improved. Then, there would be a new campaign of course and perhaps new units for multiplayer, etc., the editor would get new features, but that wouldn't be enough, they would first have to come up with something big, something a tad bit different, to really make the 2 games differ from each other and give the fourth one a new feeling.
Warcraft III became famous because of its editor, because of its complex melee gaming and later on DotA. If they would want to make a good sequel, they would have to think about new features first.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
In theory there should but with the current WoW running the war3 story, what would they make? The brother of the brother of Arthas? The long forgotten ancestor of Deathwing? Or remake the story from where it ended in War3 TFT?
No. There are several aspects of the lore which haven't been touched yet.

Why is a direct correlation to the most recent element of the story a factor of relevance?
Then praytell, why would Warcraft IV be designed any differently?
[...] because it would be almost identical to warcraft 3, since inventing new concepts is not likely.
Your conclusion is almost identical to your premise. Or is it the other way around?
While I'd love warcraft 4, I doubt it could even live up to half the potential warcraft 3 has.
I doubt it could live up to people's impracticable expectations.

Level 11
dont u guys think there should be a warcraft 4? wc3 was a total success, and people are still crazy aboot it! a new story... new races... how about we wipe out the humans? y not? now they have sc2 and there is a lot of angry people complaining about LAN. wc3 is dieing of age, and wow, is making problems for those not wanting to pay, or get all those endless expansions...
should there be a warcraft 4?

I fail to see how wc3 is dying of age...
as for wc4,well who knows,it may come,or it may not come,it's the same thing for me,as it will be another game i can't run on my old pc xD

Level 6
I would say Yes and No. Warcraft 4 would not last long due to the fact that "There is no story." Unless they were to find a way to pull something off like something else happening in Azeroth, Blizzard couldn't do it. For instance "Deathwing's Brother" I don't think that would be exciting, WoW is pretty much Warcraft 4. So we can say that this should rather be Warcraft 5 since WoW is basically Warcraft(Well is) But in the form of first person rather than creating armies and go destroying orcs,humans,undeads, and night elves. The Warcraft 1,2, and 3 Franchise is gone. Even though we might not expect it, but Blizzard could be making a new Warcraft game with their upcoming project said to be released in 2013 called Code name:Titan. Without any leaks on info of this project yet it is unknown of what this could be.

Level 34
Blizzard could be making a new Warcraft game with their upcoming project said to be released in 2013 called Code name:Titan. Without any leaks on info of this project yet it is unknown of what this could be.
It has nothing to do with any of the franchises already existing.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Well without mentioning specific websites. programs, etc... I will say that there are ways to get your own WoW server, there are ways to make models, icons, etc... for the server and use them. There is also a few illegal WE's made for WoW.

Just saying, WoW is Wc4 if you know what to do.

Level 5
good fing job then, but for those of you who have played an illegal wow server or own one (like me) i tell you, it gets really boring really fast... i want to have another customizable strategy game with elves and orcs and humans and undead with endless storyline possibilities and a easy way to shape the game... easy triggers and an addictive editor... wtf blizard must be so retarded if they cant see that that would blow up the market, and everyone would be after the game... bloody hell... sc2 is only for bnet, and i wana have lan parties... if they could change that, and a few other things, the game might be adequate, but they destroyed sooo m uch simply because of marketing... lets be honest... wow... well... for those of you who follow up, will know that it lost a HUGE amount of players since cataclysm... and they need to get back on track... if not warcraft 4, then at least they should make another fantasy strategy...

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

good fing job then, but for those of you who have played an illegal wow server or own one (like me) i tell you, it gets really boring really fast... i want to have another customizable strategy game with elves and orcs and humans and undead with endless storyline possibilities and a easy way to shape the game... easy triggers and an addictive editor... wtf blizard must be so retarded if they cant see that that would blow up the market, and everyone would be after the game... bloody hell... sc2 is only for bnet, and i wana have lan parties... if they could change that, and a few other things, the game might be adequate, but they destroyed sooo m uch simply because of marketing... lets be honest... wow... well... for those of you who follow up, will know that it lost a HUGE amount of players since cataclysm... and they need to get back on track... if not warcraft 4, then at least they should make another fantasy strategy...

The servers don't get boring if you spend the time to learn everything. Anyways... Hope we get a new editor eventually, even if it ends up being a 3rd party program like jassnewgen.

Level 15
I want these thing with Warcraft 4: WE wtihout JASS, easier triggers, no scripts, or very simple buttons which replace the complicated triggers, unlimited dodaads and size (you can even make a 1000X1000 map).
The graphics will be much modern and some exciting campaings, units, dodaads, etc.
Maybe we should speak to Blizzard abut them.

Level 12
Maybe if they stepped back and went into some of the deeper history of all the races, kinda like what their doing with SC2. Start with the origin of the Elves, then go to Humans, and then the Orcish Horde's origins on Drenor. The undead would either have to be chopped or assumed that the player has played War3, since its origins are more or less explained in game. Or they could go over how Ner'Zhul discovered his powers.

Just have to think outside the box a little.

Level 5
Maybe if they stepped back and went into some of the deeper history of all the races, kinda like what their doing with SC2. Start with the origin of the Elves, then go to Humans, and then the Orcish Horde's origins on Drenor. The undead would either have to be chopped or assumed that the player has played War3, since its origins are more or less explained in game. Or they could go over how Ner'Zhul discovered his powers.

Just have to think outside the box a little.

the plot is not a problem, there is a million different possibilities... the problem is:
1 computer compatibility
2 editor
3 gameplay
4 lan

thats all... if they get that with a nice looking game, i prommise u they will have a bestseller... they are just too woried about WoW, which is dieing anyway lol

Level 11
the plot is not a problem, there is a million different possibilities... the problem is:
1 computer compatibility
2 editor
3 gameplay
4 lan

thats all... if they get that with a nice looking game, i prommise u they will have a bestseller... they are just too woried about WoW, which is dieing anyway lol

wow dying?can't believe this,but it's kinda obvious...i mean,u have to pay monthly in order to play...and so on so on...maybe if it was buy to play...anyway,if it isn't this,what makes it dying lol?

Level 19
Well if there was going to be a Warcraft IV, I'll make sure Blizzard beats Valve's Dota 2 with it, or at least allow it to be so good that people would just stare.

Level 19
Well, Blizzard could make the storyline a little different, like some alternate ending to the current one, or they could introduce a twist.

Level 22
Warcraft 4 doesn't have to take place AFTER the events of the prequels, it can be BEFORE
For example in Draenor or something

That's true. Midway aka Netherealm studios did a MK9 that happens before MK3 but it also starts with the intro of MK armageddon as being the armageddon if the evil forces win, it was a very clever way of making a reference or continue of the previous latest game while still the story of the game itself was from before other MK-s

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Yet another one of these topics... Sigh...

If blizzard did make WC4, you can be very sure it will have no LAN and will use a simlar online activation system to SC2. It will likly recycle a lot of the SC2 engine although units would probably be streamlined to be RPG like. I also suspect it to be a lot more RPG orientated than WC3 (as thats what people expect from warcraft).

Status
Not open for further replies.