• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3.5 (Start in Hive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Your fantasies aside, games die, no matter how moddable they are.
So grow up, take whatever skills you got from Warcraft 3, and apply them to newer things.
Or continue making maps for it, but don't go all teary eyed about it and ask for something that will never happen, since literally nobody benefits from it, not even you (do you really want a new game that has to follow the lore of WoW?...)

Hahaha.

He's 100% right though. Although a fanmade WC4 could be cool, if we ignored that WOW ever happened and continued our own story line starting from wc3.

Why the hell couldn't blizzard just make a WC4 game instead of that WoW/SC2 crap. Life is so cruel :(

Probably mainly because they don't see it as profitable... Especially as they're still continuing to improve WoW, which on Blizzard's side is the continuation of Wc3... It's all about being a company and doing what they think is best for the company's needs...

And from what I see trying to look at it from a company's point of view, doing Wc4 in the near future is not exactly a good idea...

1) If they do it as continuation of WoW, then it cannot possibly coexist with WoW, so WoW will need to be stopped...
2) If they do it as a different continuation of Wc3, it might still also have an adverse effect on WoW... And will probably bring so many discussions about, which "sequel" is better, WoW or Wc4?
3) It will still take years to do that

A fanmade Wc4 will probably be haunted down by Blizzard...

Last edited:
Level 29
I invested so much time into this game and am finally decent at JASS, and now the game is dieing and it's finally coming to an end. And I don't see how I can port these skills to real life, I can't even mention it on my resume.

If you know Jass, you have a good head start if you want to mod other games with their own languages.
Once you know one language, it becomes much easier to learn other ones.

Or you can generally learn how to program, but that's a whole other field.

As to your resume, are you only doing things in life that you can write in your resume?
Are you really that narrow minded?
Did you not have fun modding Warcraft 3? Nobody can take that away from you. Did you really get nothing from it in return? knowledge in a scripting language, like I said above? level design skills perhaps? logical skills?

You can put it on your resume... assuming you get into interview, they'll probably ask you why... then you can explain to them things that you learned because of modding...

Learning 1 game's scripting language helps a lot... especially if you go try learning another scripting language or a programming language...

and assuming you do think that you cannot port any of these skills into real-life, I'd like to quote GhostWolf

GhostWolf said:
Are you really that narrow minded?

Level 10
You can put it on your resume... assuming you get into interview, they'll probably ask you why... then you can explain to them things that you learned because of modding...

Learning 1 game's scripting language helps a lot... especially if you go try learning another scripting language or a programming language...

and assuming you do think that you cannot port any of these skills into real-life, I'd like to quote GhostWolf

That was a dramatic quote.
A nice dramatic quote.
I agree with GhostWolf though, no Warcraft 3.5, 4, or even a 5 will happen. I bet the category of "RTS" is going to die out too.

Level 6
Actually this thread just want only to...

Tell the hivers to advertise warcraft 3 again by showing awesome maps..

Look DOTA 1 is still popular.. why?.. because many support it.. they have an RGC which everyone can play dota with others... but how about the custom maps in hive?.. no one seem to care..

Will i am suggesting that.. We must create like something an RGC or Garena where people can meet to play WARCRAFT CUSTOM MAPS ONLY and DOTA is not allowed...Battle.net for me is good but not everyone can access not unlike Garena..

Level 6
To be honest people create just as many maps as before, but theyre not played as much as before.

DotA is popular because DotA 2 is gathering attention and then people checking out the original version.

DotA is popular even before DotA 2 Exist..

Well guys i figure out how to make your map popular!... yeah make a tournament on it with a huge price!.. That's why dota is popular because there are tournaments like the GIGABYTE Tournament with 200,000.00 pesos cash prize.

So people will play your map always to be expert to win that cash prize.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
DotA is popular even before DotA 2 Exist..

Well guys i figure out how to make your map popular!... yeah make a tournament on it with a huge price!.. That's why dota is popular because there are tournaments like the GIGABYTE Tournament with 200,000.00 pesos cash prize.

So people will play your map always to be expert to win that cash prize.

yes, but I am talking about the current state of DotA not DotA 5 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.