• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3.5 (Start in Hive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey guys they said the Warcraft 4 will take many years to come.

But as i am observing i think we can reach almost the Warcraft 3.5 why?..

1st) A more improve World Editor which is JNGP is created.. creates a lot of possibilities

2nd) Lots of new systems which really improve the warcraft gameplay are available

3rd) Modeling and Texturing improvements.

4th) Lots of awesome games than the past years like the gaia ret, tkok, iid, etc.

So Warcraft 3 is slowly dying...

Then lets help to make Warcraft 3 livelier again since...

Dota 1 is now slowly dying because of Dota 2 which we can grab more people back to warcraft games.

Message to all
Its useless to make awesome maps, models, texture or spells if no players, right?..

So lets make the Warcraft 3 popular again by encouraging other to play warcraft 3 maps!

For Warcraft!

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I dont really get the point of your thread dude.

this is not wc3.5 and there will never be a wc4.
wc3 will slowly die and we cant change it, unless some kind soul updates the whole enigine + its graphics and gameplay.

no matter how many small updates we find to make wc3 modding better it wont be enough to attract new players in a larger scale. Just compare wc3 graphics with ANY new game in the same genre.

last time I heard, blizz is planning to do an "upgrade" for wc3...

no matter how many small updates we find to make wc3 modding better it wont be enough to attract new players in a larger scale. Just compare wc3 graphics with ANY new game in the same genre.

well, yes... though personally, I find wc3 better than those newer ones... I don't even have an awesome comp to play those newer games anyways (at least on high settings)...

games is like everything else, they come and go...

Level 34
There has been various plans. In fact a "super team" was created to make a Warcraft campaign that would follow the story of the Well of Eternity. It had promise, but never really got off the ground.

While very much possible, making a Wc3 campaign takes a huge amount of dedication and time.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
well, yes... though personally, I find wc3 better than those newer ones... I don't even have an awesome comp to play those newer games anyways (at least on high settings)...

games is like everything else, they come and go...

I agree on the point that WC3 is better than atleast most of them. But if youre a customer and you want to buy a game you normally check the backside of the packade to see how the game looks. That first impression makes you buy or not buy the game. And wc3 looks poorly when you judge it from the cover. (which almost everyone do)

Level 22
I agree on the point that WC3 is better than atleast most of them. But if youre a customer and you want to buy a game you normally check the backside of the packade to see how the game looks. That first impression makes you buy or not buy the game. And wc3 looks poorly when you judge it from the cover. (which almost everyone do)
this is what i'm talking about..

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
So if that is the case then its useless making maps if only little could appreciate and play.. that's sad...

yup. Everyone will need to switch sooner or later. I will likely switch to project spark once I am done with my current projects.

however most people make the maps because they enjoy creating it. Not because they want 100000 downloads. (even tho thats would be a big +)

Level 6
I think Warcraft 3.5 is possible..

First we already improve the World Editor to JNGP. So if expert on computer programming will work together there is a possibility that they can improve the capabilities of the World Editor more..

Also there are lots of awesome maps that we can use to advertise the warcraft to others like..

Hey dude would you like to play Warcraft Custom maps? the custom maps right now are more improve than before... lets try some..

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
neo, you can improve the game/editor as much as you want. It wont be seen in the store shelves. Therefore no new players = no revived wc3. If you check the warcraft 3 game in the store you wont see a picture of JNGP with 1000 new features or that you can use a super cool language named "OPjass". You will see the same old wc3 which isnt making people buy the game.

Blizzard needs to update the game or create a wc4 that's the only way.

I actually saw a thread around the net, it's an actual port plan... though still just a "plan"...

Or they can make more game stock for Wc3 with different and new advertising.
It will be sold in featuring the new gen that is the Wc3 community today and how successful the mods are that are made by us.

Although considering that they would only every likely to advertise content purely of their own this won't be happening.

The only possibility I think is if others do it, but that will probably make Blizzard RAGE...

Level 9
I have 3 awsome games (The Last of Us, Borderlands, Warcraft 3 and Halo 4) but I still chose war3 the best. I know, the graphic is really 2003-ish, but I still love it for the lore, charaters, Campaigns and Custom games.
Imagine you have 2 pies. A really good-looking pie but bad taste and filling, and the other. The other looks not too good but awsome filling and taste. Which pie will you choose?
Like Half-Life 2, War3 is my favourite game of the decade.

Level 10
Unless some group of extraordinary geniuses decided to make a fan-made sequel to it, then I guess it's dying.
Fast. Not like Dota though, which is dying really slowly. I saw my older brother in a Dota 2 lobby, and it said it had 600,000+ players online.

Imagine you have 2 pies. A really good-looking pie but bad taste and filling, and the other. The other looks not too good but awsome filling and taste. Which pie will you choose?

The thing is, HOW WILL YOU KNOW IF IT TASTES BAD OR NOT?

Most people who will come across wc3 will see it as it is... They won't even know how much fun it is to play... A lot of those potential buyers are people that buy purely from 1st impression...

Level 15
I know if the blizzard only knows that their warcraft editor was improved by us they will be encourage to do the warcraft 4.

If you mean "us" as in people who actually worked on improving the editor, then yes.

Second, They won't make WC4, probably ever, because WoW makes way more money and because there is SC2 out there. They sure as hell won't release a product that competes with their own product. TO put it bluntly, why make two similar things that will make you a similar amount of money if you just made one.

And before you start selling me crap about blizzard caring about their users, I will remind you that Blizzard is no w owned by Activision (the publisher of Call of Duty, nuff said) and just to point out the lack of LAN and always online DRM for both SC2 and D3.
Blizzard just isn't what it used.

One part of me wants WC4 to happen and the other part fears it, for the fact it will never be as good as WC3.

Level 37
Second, They won't make WC4, probably ever, because WoW makes way more money and because there is SC2 out there. They sure as hell won't release a product that competes with their own product. TO put it bluntly, why make two similar things that will make you a similar amount of money if you just made one.
Why make Wc3 and Sc in the beginning then?

Level 15
Blizzard was hired by Games Workshop to make a W40K RTS. Halfway trough in development Games Workshop lost interest and left Blizz with a half finished Sci Fi RTS game, they just decided to finish it up and cut ties with W40K to avoid potential lawsuits. That is why Terrans are similar to Space Marines and Zerg are similar to tyranids. Protos were added later in development, since the initial demo that was presented to GW only had "Terran" and "Zerg".

Level 15
I got it but you avoided my question.
The answer to that question is: "They just decided to finish up a game they were developing. If you made a TD map and then started making another one with slightly different mechanics, would you leave it half finished and throw that work away, in blizzard's case, paid work hours."

Just look at their current game selection. A Hack/Slash RPG, RTS, MMORPG, CCG and a MOBA spinoff. There is no place there for a second RTS.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

And before you start selling me crap about blizzard caring about their users, I will remind you that Blizzard is no w owned by Activision (the publisher of Call of Duty, nuff said) and just to point out the lack of LAN and always online DRM for both SC2 and D3.
Blizzard just isn't what it used.

Activision owns 50% of Blizzard, and the merging is called Activision Blizzard, which is owned by vivendi. Although Activision bought its partition back from vivendi, it has no effect on Blizzard.

Level 15
Activision owns 50% of Blizzard, and the merging is called Activision Blizzard, which is owned by vivendi. Although Activision bought its partition back from vivendi, it has no effect on Blizzard.

Actually it does, Activision completed the purchase in the Summer/Fall of 2013. Blizz is now 100% owned by Activision. It just didn't make the headlines as much as the 50% purchase did.

Otherwise, that's not the topic of this thread.

Last edited:
Why make Wc3 and Sc in the beginning then?

Uhm, there's no WoW yet during those times... + online gaming was not yet a boom when it started

of course it has... they bought the remaining half of the shares, so now they have 100% of shares... so Blizzard is now owned 100% by them... just like when Sony bought out the remaining Ericsson shares...

maybe he has one... I simply replied on why it will matter, assuming it's true

Wikipedia said:
Split from Vivendi[edit]
On July 25, 2013, Activision Blizzard announced the purchase of 429 million shares from owner Vivendi for $5.83 billion, dropping the shareholder from a 63% stake to just 12% by the end of the deal in September. Following the conclusion of the deal, Activision Blizzard became an independent company as a majority of the shares are owned by the public. Bobby Kotick, along with Brian Kelly and other investors such as Tencent own a 24.9% stake in the company. In addition, Kotick remains the President and CEO, with Brian Kelly taking over as the Chairman.[14] On October 12, 2013, shortly after approval from the Delaware Supreme court, the company completed the buyback, along the lines of the original plan.[15]

Blizzard itself is still autonomous though, as a "subsidiary" of the whole Activision Blizzard company... basically both Activision and Blizzard are now owned by the company called, Activision Blizzard... which is why their games are still made under either Activision or Blizzard...

which is pretty normal, most companies out there are owned by other companies... XD

Normally, when a company wants to do something, it needs the approval of it's own board of directors... now if that board of directors is composed of people from other companies, those people will also still need to get the approval of their other companies board... so the deeper the company ownership line goes, the longer time it takes for a decision to be finalized... or so my professors told me...

So, since AB owns B, they have a lot of say as to what B can do... Especially if AB's ownership of Blizzard is 100%...

PS: It wasn't Activision and Blizzard who merged btw... it was Activision and Vivendi (the company that owns both Blizzard and Sierra, sadly though, Sierra was gone after the merger and Activision took some of it's good games under their company while those not taken by Acti was totally gone I think)

Last edited:
Level 17
Still wonder how Activision managed to pay for it :grin:

literally every 12 yr old kid in the us has a copy of black ops 2

So what is that?.. Hivers make maps then a few people play it then forget it?..

So if that is the case WHY ON THE EARTH THAT HIVE MAKES A HIGH STANDARD IN MAP MAKING LIKE GOOD TERRAINING IF ONLY FEW PEOPLE CAN APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORT?...

pretty sure its not a few people i mean some maps here have tens of thousands of downloads a lot of people in russia and china still play wc3 as well so. . . . .

Level 29
Your fantasies aside, games die, no matter how moddable they are.
So grow up, take whatever skills you got from Warcraft 3, and apply them to newer things.
Or continue making maps for it, but don't go all teary eyed about it and ask for something that will never happen, since literally nobody benefits from it, not even you (do you really want a new game that has to follow the lore of WoW?...)

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Adiktuz I was totally not aware of that, thanks for info.

Level 8
Your fantasies aside, games die, no matter how moddable they are.
So grow up, take whatever skills you got from Warcraft 3, and apply them to newer things.
Or continue making maps for it, but don't go all teary eyed about it and ask for something that will never happen, since literally nobody benefits from it, not even you (do you really want a new game that has to follow the lore of WoW?...)

I used to love making maps and I'm always so tempted to get back into it, but there's just no value in WC3 modding anymore. I invested so much time into this game and am finally decent at JASS, and now the game is dieing and it's finally coming to an end. And I don't see how I can port these skills to real life, I can't even mention it on my resume.

Why the hell couldn't blizzard just make a WC4 game instead of that WoW/SC2 crap. Life is so cruel :(

Status
Not open for further replies.