• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Support Warcraft IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Oh oh, I got another one on the patch list!

Not friggin minimize the World Editor when I test a map. That one click every time cost me hours of my life.
I want 1.27 so much I would pay for it = )..

Level 16
Oh oh, I got another one on the patch list!

Not friggin minimize the World Editor when I test a map. That one click every time cost me hours of my life.
I want 1.27 so much I would pay for it = )..
hehe, I wouldn't. I do know of a fan made patch though if your interested.
You could probably google it.
(I do not use it though, not compatible with BNet)

Level 6
Sorry if I'm reviving a dead thread (does a week count as dead? If it does, then I won't do it again. lol), but after having read over this entire thread, there's a couple somethings that I would like to add to our theoretic list of 1.27 patch notes:
1) Making it so that modified race names in custom maps show up in the lobby before you've played the map, instead of after it.
And, 2) Making it so that players can save the game multiple times in multiplayer, though perhaps with a 60 second timer after a save before ungreying the button, so as to prevent people from deliberately saving over and over again to crash other players and win the game by default, which, of course, is why you can only save once as it is. They should just change that to a timer instead of perma-disable.

I'd also like to add, that a few years ago, someone told me that they had heard that Blizzard had said that if they ever release a Warcraft IV, it's not going to be for at least fifteen years. Though I can't remember where I heard this, so I guess it's just rumor at best.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Out of the non-confirmed titles I only know of project titan, Starcraft MMORPG, guess they leave wow to rot after titan's done.

Then we can start speculating about wc4 :p

Level 6
Jondrean said:
Out of the non-confirmed titles I only know of project titan, Starcraft MMORPG, guess they leave wow to rot after titan's done.

Then we can start speculating about wc4 :p
Yeah. We're all just gonna' have to find contentment in our mods and customizations for the time being... The extensive time being. And personally, I'm okay with that. There are way more custom maps and mods out there than I could ever hope to play. Quite frankly, I don't even know where to start when I go looking for something new in the direction of WCIII because there's just so much material to wade through.

Sorry if I'm reviving a dead thread (does a week count as dead? If it does, then I won't do it again. lol), but after having read over this entire thread, there's a couple somethings that I would like to add to our theoretic list of 1.27 patch notes:
1) Making it so that modified race names in custom maps show up in the lobby before you've played the map, instead of after it.
And, 2) Making it so that players can save the game multiple times in multiplayer, though perhaps with a 60 second timer after a save before ungreying the button, so as to prevent people from deliberately saving over and over again to crash other players and win the game by default, which, of course, is why you can only save once as it is. They should just change that to a timer instead of perma-disable.

I'd also like to add, that a few years ago, someone told me that they had heard that Blizzard had said that if they ever release a Warcraft IV, it's not going to be for at least fifteen years. Though I can't remember where I heard this, so I guess it's just rumor at best.
1) wondeful that you noticed
2) even more important is that annoying fact that an rpg cannot be saved rapidly, think of all the possibilities if we could have a save file to actually work!!!! no more need to set each and any unit to be moved, no more reset its magic, no more nothing, everything is saved 0.01 seconds of missles shoot are still taking place! really important.
3) 15 years? so that means +5 years from now since its been 10?
* no, the thread is dead if its either locked or its been passed for about a year
** To the virus list, add the error of crushing world editor when you try to save ability into hashtable xD

Y'know, the more I think about it, the better the idea gets. They could make so much more money off of a Warcraft renewal project. I was venting ideas to a couple people, and thought up a great way for them to pull it off. Even if Blizzard is all about money over creative content, this would still work out great.

Before starting on Warcraft 4, have them finish up the remaining expansions to WoW; they could pull something out of their ass, with some kind of lead-up to like a portal or something, that if used, would 'erase' Azeroth. Drive the story towards that in the last Expansion, do a sort of a 'lore reset' to just before WoW takes place, leave WoW up for another year or two while Warcraft 4 is being worked on. Release it, come up with whole new storylines, and set the stage for a newer, better take on WoW.

It might be a cheap little stunt, but it'd bring in some good cash. I'd be happy to talk over the idea, if anyone wants to.

Here is an intresting idea: how about WE create the next warcraft? We are all telented map makers and we can form a group that would suggest how the new generation of warcraft would look alike as project of the forum, any takers?

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
? We are all telented map makers and we can form a group that would suggest how the new generation of warcraft would look alike as project of the forum, any takers?
1. Warcraft III intellectual property is owned by Activision Blizzard and so only Activision Blizzard licenced developers can use it.
2. Being able to map means nothing. If you think using SC2E is hard, developing a real game is that difficulty raised to itself.

In any case SC2 is exactly what people here are looking for, they just are too lazy to give it a try. It literally does most things people have requested in this thread that are reasonable.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

It's too difficult, believe me I've tried multiple times, I end up opening world editor..

30/06/2014: (+20 days) - announcement

Announcement: Searching in youtube the words "Warcraft 4" is now making the video almost #1 for the search, marking number 2, the allmost most relevant for the search of those words among 988,000 videos - proof:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=warcraft+4
Keep up the good work, once the video become number one, "Zoomin.TV Games" which is the uploader and the video maker company, might take things further such as posting it on the television or get a statement about Warcraft IV from Blizzard, keep sharing!

Level 16
Announcement: Searching in youtube the words "Warcraft 4" is now making the video almost #1 for the search, marking number 2, the allmost most relevant for the search of those words among 988,000 videos - proof:
Keep up the good work, once the video become number one, "Zoomin.TV Games" which is the uploader and the video maker company, might take things further such as posting it on the television or get a statement about Warcraft IV from Blizzard, keep sharing!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=warcraft+IV
*Fixed*

Appeal: making the thread sticky, attempt #1:

1) This is the only video on youtube that is allowing people to vote.
2) The video is an offical video of some company that i can't remember its name.
3) If you want to show Blizzard that you want Warcraft IV without using the like botton -> there is nothing else to do.
4) The Video has great value to become public on TheHiveWorkshop (in aditional to other sites), so that other sites will know that this is an official video if they googled it (and see that even the famouse hiveworkshop has it).
5) Blizzard takes seriously newspapers and TV shows and Youtube Videos: before that Warcraft 4 was released into the public knowledge, by mistake a site update caused some of the pictures related to the game to be published, the readers wrote among eachother that they saw those pictures and Blizzard was forced to make an announcement and declair that in 10+ years from back then they make WARCRAFT IV. BLIZZARD CARE ABOUT PUBLIC OPINION.

And Finnaly, Sticking this thread will cause furthermore players to submit their LIKE, its fair to let people know that they can VOTE, think of how many youtubers who could VOTE LIKE if they only knew that the video exists! The thread will disapear in 1 week by the new uploaders of threads and then we will never have the same OPERTUNITY once again.

Lastly, I do not mind if you edit the parts in the video posting that you did not like, close the thread or even remove all the comments, so if something is not suitable there to become sticky, you can remove that part.

It will make more players to be able to vote and with enough likes, Blizzard might do something about it, maybe release a trailer for us fans? maybe make the project faster? we cannot know and we should check what they do by making it sticky.

I am not sure if you can see it as the forum only allows myself to see posts on that thread, but I am still working on convincing the administors to make it sticky.

30/06/2014: (+20 days) - announcement

Check "Warcraft 4" since "Warcraft IV" is a Startcraft II Mod, for "Warcraft IV", the video mark #9 among 994,000 videos (but in a diffrent language) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW4x565WLoA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.