• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Has anyone seen this game before? (Project Spark)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey guys, I was just scrolling through the internet, as one does, and came across this game that is currently in Beta stage, called Project Spark. From what I have seen is it's a game where you can make your own game, or more like event that occur within this world you create, and according to wikipedia (since that is EXTREMELY reliable)you can even make your on movies/cinematics. This game seems to have endless options from what I have seen, people have already created portal guns and cars.

Additional Information

This game with what I have seen reminds me slightly of the wc3 days, and I hope this will get me into creation like Warcraft did.

Here are some videos for your leisure:
Intro Video:
E3 Release:
Level Creation Demo:
Demo for Quests:
Tower Defence:

So this may seem promotional, but it's not. I'm actually asking you guys what you think about this new game? I have been taken in awe by it already.

tumblr_static_heavy-breathing-cat.jpg

Last edited:
Level 10
Windows 8.1 !.... i dont have that... looks like you need advance computer..

Yeah I was quite sad about the fact you need 8.1, but it is coming on xbox one, and xbox 360. Also I will probably upgrade from win7 to win8, if the game gets good enough reviews and stuff like that, but it is quite inconvenient.

(I was reading in some of the comments on youtube that it's free to upgrade to win8.1 from win7 but not sure if that is entirely correct).

Chaosy said:
looks pretty cool :O
I signed up for beta.

Yeah I signed up for the beta as well, hoping I will get it so I can create cool stuff on a new game/creation software.

It looks really fun. I like it. :) Especially the whole record-your-animation feature, it is pretty neat.

I think Spark has potential to make a lot of fun games. All the visual features are great. Programming wise, I feel like it still falls short of the control you have with wc3, but maybe they'll let you do some actual programming on the Win 8 version. Either way, I think it was a smart idea, and ty for the share.

Level 10
It looks really fun. I like it. :) Especially the whole record-your-animation feature, it is pretty neat.

I think Spark has potential to make a lot of fun games. All the visual features are great. Programming wise, I feel like it still falls short of the control you have with wc3, but maybe they'll let you do some actual programming on the Win 8 version. Either way, I think it was a smart idea, and ty for the share.

Yeah I didn't really see much programming per-say, like the only thing with some sort of programming element is Kodu (which looks quite mediocre, not sure never used Kodu before), but still I'm quite interested. Someone has already made a JRPG called Swan Song, but I hope they do expand further on the programming side, since it's in Beta.

Level 29
Yeah I didn't really see much programming per-say, like the only thing with some sort of programming element is Kodu (which looks quite mediocre, not sure never used Kodu before), but still I'm quite interested. Someone has already made a JRPG called Swan Song, but I hope they do expand further on the programming side, since it's in Beta.

It actually seems to have quite a bit, but it's in a GUI form similar to WC3 (and it looks even more annoying to use).
If they don't introduce an actual language, though, I can't see anyone making anything big with it. Graphical programming simply doesn't scale well.

Level 10
Yeah that's my problem. My friend has win8, and he doesn't have a problem with it so I think I will upgrade it soon. Been looking at some things on internet about keeping all my files and stuff like that

Level 34
Looks cool

*sees windows 8.1*

*closes the link*
This. I realllllly hate this sort of product pushing. Microsoft isn't the only one that does it, but they just do it so much.

This game will not go anywhere. The fact that it is so limited in platforms will kill any chance it had. Also the fact that it's for console will severely hamper it as a legit modding resource (what do you call this sort of game/program? Game Engine Game? lol).

Let us know how it is though! Looks kinda cool in the demo, but it also doesn't impress me much. I would need to see the range of possibilities available.

Level 10
This. I realllllly hate this sort of product pushing. Microsoft isn't the only one that does it, but they just do it so much.

This game will not go anywhere. The fact that it is so limited in platforms will kill any chance it had. Also the fact that it's for console will severely hamper it as a legit modding resource (what do you call this sort of game/program? Game Engine Game? lol).

Let us know how it is though! Looks kinda cool in the demo, but it also doesn't impress me much. I would need to see the range of possibilities available.

Yeah it's quite sad that they are limiting it to win8.1, but for consoles they are using the xbox live system to allow people to put things on using your xbox live account. I wasn't to keen on getting it for a console either just because it would seem more practical on computers for what you are doing (Kind of like Halo Reach's editor, I found it annoying with the controller).

I won't be able to tell you the possibilities as of yet, since I don't have win8.1, but from what I've seen there is quite a range of possibilities, like people have made a different types of RPGs, tower defences (Where you go inside the tower and can use it, if you want), and all mini-games like that. I have watched most of there videos and it seems like there is a lot of customization.

For example you can use objects that are usually made for terrain purposes, and you can rotate them and glue them together with other objects in the system. This can allow you to make big center pieces and even creatures where you can animate them yourself. An example of this I saw was a dragon that was made out of stone bits, and someone animated it, and the detail on the dragon was quite extensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.