• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PC games you'll buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Upcoming PC games you'll buy
What are the upcoming games whose game play videos you watch instead of por*?

-GTA V, I haven't been into GTA series, but the graphics don't actually look like pure sh*t in this one, have to buy :) Also I've seen a lot of good reviews on it

-SC 2: LotV, omgx24, how they'll conclude the epic story :3 Just 2 years... wait, that's actually pretty long time D:

-Watch Dogs, this seems like an unique game, have to play this one

-WarCraft 4, It's confirmed... isn't it... don't say no D: I can't handle the truth...

-Hearthstone, this one's free, still had to put this here

-Diablo 3: RoS, completed D3 on normal, was enjoyable enough to look forward to RoS :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 37
When the game will come? Is it good? I think about buying the game as well. Titan Quest was godlike so I hope this will be too.

It is still in alpha stage, beta might come this year but not sure. The full version will come some time next year possibly.

The alpha lets you play up to level 25 (I got to lvl 17 at the end with not much farming).

It is pretty good, some improvements over TQ. I was/am a huge TQ fan, and a super moderator at TitanQuest.net. Played it for hundreds of hours.

Level 37
Better not start advertising that you don't buy games at all or this topic will go to that basic "is piracy okay". Just talk about what games you're waiting/you gonna play next.

At the moment I'm waiting that some new RTS games would come to PC. That new planetary annihilation looks ridiculous and I mean in the bad way. The graphics... the candy graphics... Oh g0d.

I don't get why games must go this 'candy theme graphics'. Diablo 3 graphics were already too horrible and now this.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I don't get why games must go this 'candy theme graphics'. Diablo 3 graphics were already too horrible and now this.

Hey, Aeroblyctos. Have you tried dark d3 graphics mod already? It makes Diablo 3 look pretty good, it makes textures look more realistic, and adds contrast (of course, always better graphics mean this). I myself use this on my Diablo 3, it makes it look way better. If you don't see any major differences, press Pause/Break key while ingame, it switches the mod on/off status, to see if it's good for you :)

I don't buy games... I use torrents.
Seriously? I really hope you're kidding. Video games are ridiculously cheap at the moment, and the players (who buy the game) are the major/only source of income. It saddens me if in a kind place like hive there's guy who thinks torrenting video games is ok.

I said video games cuz DLing adobe productions is another case :p ain't nobody got money for dat.

Level 37
Hey, Aeroblyctos. Have you tried dark d3 graphics mod already? It makes Diablo 3 look pretty good, it makes textures look more realistic, and adds contrast (of course, always better graphics mean this). I myself use this on my Diablo 3, it makes it look way better. If you don't see any major differences, press Pause/Break key while ingame, it switches the mod on/off status, to see if it's good for you :)

Hey thanks I'll try this. I haven't actually touched the game since last Summer.

Level 11
Yeah the first Supreme Commander was really good, just like how the original Empire Earth was really good, it's a shame those games went away from the economy system that was in games like Age of Empires I & II, Empire Earth, Age of Mythology, and even Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds :(

But as of now the only game i'll probably be purchasing in the future is Planetary Annihilation, I wish they would make a Battle Realms 2, and Warlords Battlecry IV, both were very original and had unique overall gameplay

Level 17
Honestly, I will get whatever horror/survival or unique indie that will come out on steam.
I have only really been playing those lately.
I feel like paying 60€ for a game nowadays is way too much. It would have to be something with lots of value ... which in recent history was only like.. Sleeping Dogs ? for me.
I was a tiny bit inclined to get Far Cry 3 /Bioshock infinite but then I went like "meh" and watched playthroughs instead. (which was a good thing because I felt neither would be worth my money)

I may get State of Decay, Survarium, Dying Light, Daylight, Watch Dogs or GTA V(if it ever comes out) in the future though.
In retrospect.. I could've gotten Dead Island Riptide but it is still fairly expensive, I'll wait for a sale or something.
I wanted to get the new metro, but the hardware requirements were ridiculous and I ain't gonna buy a full priced game to play it on low with 20~30 fps.

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I rarely use torrents for games, because they are so cheap and I'm not a piss poor fuck.

This is the kind of mindset about torrents I like.

Hey thanks I'll try this. I haven't actually touched the game since last Summer.

You're welcome. Hope it makes you appreciate Diablo 3 more, it was made for quite a while, 11 years/Call of Duties to be exact (I mean, doesn't they release CoD every year? And that doesn't bother the players a bit? Very odd if you ask me...) However I also think they chose the wrong way of graphics, and the in all color scheme.

Edit:
GTA V(if it ever comes out)

I see no release date for GTA V anywhere. For PC I mean, who buys a game that runs at 26 FPS (28 on PS3)? Still it's popular as fuck on consoles, guess the GTA player base was too eager to wait for PC release.

Level 22
I borrow games from friends lol.
I got warcraft 3 when I borrowed it from my friend. Is that illegal? I use his cd-key, that's why we can't play on bnet together lol.

Level 22
Warzone 2100 is a good game, and you don't need to pay to play it.

Please, take that smiley off... :/
The more you take notice of them, the more they will keep saying it. Don't worry about them, you'll just motivate them more.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Basically this
Seriously? I really hope you're kidding. Video games are ridiculously cheap at the moment, and the players (who buy the game) are the major/only source of income. It saddens me if in a kind place like hive there's guy who thinks torrenting video games is ok.

U know how much that boy gets for video games from his parents like pocket money is more than my family earn for living. 40 dolars for a game is cheap for you, I have to say it FUCK YOU, now come moderator give me neg rep. I live with even less entire month. Not all of us have rich parents or well paid job. U are just idiot who never had hard life. My pc and tv are broken and i write this over mobile with wifi. And tell me when ur pc was broken on which of ur two notebooks u was. Even if I had money i would better buy jacket than a box with a cd i could get free. I dont live in america where piracy is like killing a man.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

U know how much that boy gets for video games from his parents like pocket money is more than my family earn for living. 40 dolars for a game is cheap for you, I have to say it FUCK YOU, now come moderator give me neg rep. I live with even less entire month. Not all of us have rich parents or well paid job. U are just idiot who never had hard life. My pc and tv are broken and i write this over mobile with wifi. And tell me when ur pc was broken on which of ur two notebooks u was. Even if I had money i would better buy jacket than a box with a cd i could get free. I dont live in america where piracy is like killing a man.

I still think video games are ridiculously cheap, but I think I should have said, for what you get, comparing it to other entertainment out there.

Level 18
I only torrent games I lost.

For example, Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots. I have the CD Key, the case, but the CD is gone somewhere. So I torrent it. I technically own the game, so I should be able to download as I please, same with WarCraft II, I lost it and torrent when I want to play it.

Otherwise, I torrent games that I want to try, don't have the money at the moment, and to try it out. If I don't like it, I uninstall and save my money, if I like it, I buy it and install it that way. Usually I don't keep a game that long before buying it. This applies for songs as well, but now with Spotify I don't need to illegally download music anymore. (They mention that in their ads too, who needs music piracy with on-demand free listening on Spotify)

But whoever said games suck nowadays (I don't just mean PC games), is 100% correct. Every game is just a recycle of other features from previous games with usually a 5/10 story.

I missed storytelling of games such as WarCraft 3, Half Life (don't say it, i know someone will), Portal, the Jedi Knight series, StarCraft (I find 2's story only okay, HotS was a bit "Lets make Kerrigan OP as shit" for me and was a bit predictable), the Diablo series, Myst, KOTOR, and others. No games have been catching my attention lately WITH THE EXCEPTION OF Watch Dogs. It looks free-roamy like GTA but with new takes on 'Hacking' and strategy. Their AI looks very impressive and I hope it meets expectations. Else, I don't have really interest in other games. Most of the time I play old games, not just for nostalgia, they were just made better. They had limitations back then, so they made full of what they had, now there's so much you can do people have alot of half-assed work (especially "junk code" my dad and I say, how leaky things are and how big files are when they really could be half the size).

Level 22
now there's so much you can do people have alot of half-assed work (especially "junk code" my dad and I say, how leaky things are and how big files are when they really could be half the size).
Reminds me of Civ 4 and Stronghold 2, though Civ 4 fixed it with a patch.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I'd gladly hear more game titles what you guys are gonna buy :)

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

GTA v is a must. After you've beaten it, you just wait a couple of months and download some epic mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.