• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Buying Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well, I have been looking for gaming pc for fair price that would run Newgen games like Gta IV Etc. I visited various stores around Finland, And my Budget would be 800 € Max. But this is what they offered me;

Processor: INTEL CORE 2 E8400 3.0GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q
Hard Disk: 500GB SATA 7200RPM
Memory: 4GB KINGSTON 800MHZ DDR2
Video Card: GF 9800GT PCIE 1GB DDR3 2XDVI/HDTV
Optical Station: DVDRW 22X
Sound Card: 8CHANNEL AUDIO SYSTEM
Hardware Card: 10/100/1000 ETHERNET LAN
Shell: ANTEC MIDITOWER ATX SONATA III 500W
Warranty: 2 Years

Price: 695 € ( Note: This was originally in Finnish so i had no idea what some of those thingys were in english, But i tried my best to translate them. ) So is this computer going to run Newgen games Like GTA IV & Crysis Etc. On atleast Medium settings?

Level 34
Does that come with an operating system?
I'd say it's worth it. That's about what I'm paying for mine.

Will you need that sound card though?

Level 7
Yap, Windows visa home premium 32/64 Bit With installation and Update,
F-Secure Internet Security 2009 With installation and update, Burn-Hardware, Adobe Acrobat reader + Installation, Internet connection + ASDL-Modems installation, They Add 139 € To the price.

Level 7
I don't even know what it is... This is an package CPU that was included in an poster of Hardware-store...

Level 34
8 channel audio is for 7.1 surround sound. Unless you have a nice sound system, you don't need it.

Level 7
But it isn't a bad thing if i have it? Because it seems that i can't make them change any of it's parts because they just sell Computers as an complete models ordered from some other store or so whatever, But i assume that it doesn't disable my sound system / Make it worse?

Level 34
It makes your sound better, but it's a waste if you don't have a 7.1 sound system. Most mobo have at least 5.1 anyways.

If you can't lower the price by removing it, then don't worry about it. That's a good deal I'd say.

Level 15
8 channel audio is integrated into most computer motherboards these days. Unless the hardware listing explicitly says you will be getting a discrete sound card (like a Soundblaster X-Fi or Asus Xonar), then you are most likely getting the integrated audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.