• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Finally, my dad said that when i do good at school i get a new custom build pc.

Actually these things will be replacing the parts in my old case.

Here they are;

Motherboard: Asus 775 P5Q S/R/GBL/F/ATX
Processor: 775 Intel Core2Duo E8400 3.0/BOX
Memory: 4096MB DDRII/800 takeMS CL5 KIT
Videocard: HIS ATI HD 4850 512
Feed: PSU Raptoxx SPS-RT600ABP 600W ATX
DVDRW: Samsung SH-S223Q 22x blk LS zw Sat
HDD: 640GB Samsung HD642JJ 16/S

660 Euro bruto: 735 Euro totaal.

I have been to that this quite pwns... >.>

Level 15
So that comes to about $1075 USD. If you built it yourself after buying the parts, it would be a bit cheaper (at least in the USA), but for a custom configuration from a computer store it's a decently good deal. :smile:

The motherboard/processor/DVD±RW/HDD you listed above are all good choices. I haven't used HIS video cards before so I cannot comment on them. The power supply Raptoxx is an off-brand I have not even seen before. You might consider choosing a well-known, stable power supply manufacturer such as: Corsair, PC Power & Cooling, Antec (earthwatts), Thermaltake Toughpower, and Silverstone, to name a few.

Sounds good. Hope the computer serves you well. :smile:

Level 8
I wouldn't recommend Antec, my PSU failed [it was a Truepower Quattro] due to bad capacitors. Power and Cooling and Seasonic are good brands. I know nothing of Raptoxx.

As for the rest of your PC, looks good. Better than mine anyways, and mine cost more [but I bought it a year or so ago, and I had to get a case, monitor and such new as my old ones were inadequate.

Post pics/benchmarks maybe when you get it.

Level 15
I wouldn't recommend Antec, my PSU failed [it was a Truepower Quattro] due to bad capacitors. Power and Cooling and Seasonic are good brands. I know nothing of Raptoxx.

That's because many of the Truepower Antecs were an older model that had inferior parts and not as good QC. I personally had a number of them fail and need replacement. The newer Antec Earthwatts supplies (which I specifically mentioned by name in the post above) are actually manufactured by Seasonic and are of acceptable quality.

Level 34
Are you buying the parts online? And I'm guessing by your not quite perfect English that you aren't from the US. NewEgg is probably the top online computer distributor, but only sells to the States. Although Canada will get it soon! Hurray!

Status
Not open for further replies.