• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recommend me some PC games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well, I'm completely out of decent games I completed. Now I'm looking for a new one, but to describe what kind of game can it be:
1. I'd like a game with strong, deep characters, good personalities, I mean almost Uncharted 2 level. Examples:
-Indigo Prophecy
-Call of Duty (mayyyybe)
-GTA series
-Ultimate Spiderman
NOTE: None of the above games has the strong personalities enough (except GTA IV)

2. I'd also like a stylish hack'n'slash game. I mean Devil May Cry or God of War level. I know there is not much on the PC, and there also isn't much left that I haven't tried. Examples:
-Devil May Cry series
-Prototype
-Bloodrayne
-Sudeki
-TMNT Games
-Darksiders (PC version)
-Wolverine Origins
-Legacy of Kain Defiance
-X-Blades
-Rise of the Argonauts
-The Witcher (OK, I know it's an RPG combat system, but felt like a stylish action to me)
-Ninja Blade
-Phantasy Star Universe (Yes, yes, I know, an RPG, but stylish as hell!)

And that would be all. If someone would recommend me games like this, I'd be most grateful.:ogre_haosis:

Last edited:
List of Good games

For PC:

Fallout + Expansions
Oblivion
Morrowind
Daggerfall

Warcraft + Expansions
The Lost Vikings + Expansions

Half Life + Expansions
Portal + Expansions

Red Alert + Expansions
Command and Conquer: Renegade + Expansions
Command and Conguer: Generals + Expansions

Gothic + Expansions & Patches

Fable + Expansions

Hitman + Expansions

Silent Hunter + Expansions

Civilizations + Expansions

Left for Dead + Expansions

Total War + Expansions

Dead Space + Expansions

World War + Expansions

For XBOX:
Fallout + Expansions
Oblivion
Morrowind

Portal + Expansions

Halo + Expansions

For PS (Playstation):
Rayman + Expansions
Sonic + Expansions
Resident Evil + Expansions

For Nintendo:
Mario + Expansions
Super Smash Brawl + Expansions
Mario Kart + Expansions
Zelda + Expansions
Wii Sports + Expansions
Final Fantasy + Expansions

There's some, pick one =D ( You can ask me for more, or specific details of serie )

Level 11
PC Games :

Dungeon Siege : One of my favorite RPG's from Chris Taylor, U start out with one hero who u customize, depending on how u use ur skills is what u start to become, for example leveling up melee will increase strength and melee, using nature magic is intelligence and the skill itself, etc... one of my favorite parts about this game is that u can have a total of 7 heroes traveling with u... on a quest... loved this game and im actually playing it again, gonna beat it for my 3rd time...

Giants : Citizen Kabuto
An epic game with a campaign that goes through chapters, and it all comes together, first chapter is the meccs where u control these soldier like beings and use weapons, 2nd chapter is wher u become delphi who uses magic, bow and sword... third chapter is where u become kabuto, a giant where u can make an offspring, eat people, and its fun.

Theres also nox a game that arowanna92 suggested, its a fairly old game kinda like diablo in a way, i personally forgot a lot about this game but i remember the conjurer class was very fun :p

if u want a game that will keep u busy and is very fun, but is also very rare and old... i suggest Might and Magic 7, game is very fun.. and its very tough!!!

And then theres Lands of Lore III its a very fun rpg from the maker of command and conquer, its pretty hard at points and its also a very old game :p

hope i helped :D

Level 4
OK, let's make things more clear now...
About hack'n'slash, I didn't mean Action RPG's, I meant stylish action games like Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, or Darksiders.
And for deep characters... PLEASE, give me the games where my character actually says something, instead of being silent while I choose what he says.
Which means, 9.5/10 of games that OffGraphic mentioned aren't what I'm looking for.

Level 3
Risen is a nice game. Kinda hack'n'slash I suppose. You should check it out. (Though it has some bugs with some "SmartHeapLibrary")

Level 25
So... You want "Awesome Graphic" + "Manga Influenced" Game?

Then I got nothing :S
Graphic means nothing to me when it comes to RPGs and I hate "Overpowered Final Fantasy Based" stuff.

And about (Might and Magic) Dark Messiah:
http://darkmessiahgame.uk.ubi.com/

No, it's not a "shitty fantasy FPS" :p
It's more like The Elder Scrolls, but diffrent.

PS
I haven't had the time to play it yet.

Level 3
If you want something supernatural and what not. Play Prototype. Awesome gameplay though not really any storyline. You get to run on walls throw with cars, throw those cars at helicopters, kill a lot o' people. Quite fun! =D

Level 5
Knights of the Old Republic: 1 and 2, amazing RPGs with great story, characters, and combat. I'd also reccommend Fable TLC.

Level 4
Stylish Hack & Slash:
Morrowind
Oblivion
Gothic I, II, III, IV
Diablo I, II, III
Fable I, II, III
Final Fantasy Series

Morrowind and "stylish" don't go in the same sentence.
Oblivion attack animations make me laugh.
Diablo is a top-down action RPG, and it's not stylish.
Fable - played it. 2 is for 360, and 3 isn't even out.
Final Fantasy? I lol'd.

Didn't I say PC?

Face it, this kind of games are almost exclusively on consoles, since such stylish you are describing are mostly jap games and japs do games only for consoles and shitty console ports which are not worth playing on PC (this is also issue for football and other sports games). So if you are so demanding then get some console, preferably Playstation.

Level 25
Mechanical Man is right, again.
If you want a game with an epic story, deep characters and etc, go play a Bioware game.

- Baldur's Gate
- Neverwinter Nights
- Mass Effect
- Dragon Age

And we have forgotten about a very, very good game:
- The Witcher

It's kinda "stylish" to be honest and it's a good game.

And by the way, have you even played The Elder Scrolls, more than a few minutes that is?
Morrowind and Oblivion sure has some weird-ass animations, but the games are still well worth your time...

PLEASE, give me the games where my character actually says something, instead of being silent while I choose what he says.
About that:
The idea with these systems are that YOU are the PC and you are suppose to “imagine” that you say the sentence you choose.

Edit
Nevermind about The Witcher, just read that you've played it.

Level 4
Mechanical Man is right, again.
If you want a game with an epic story, deep characters and etc, go play a Bioware game.

- Baldur's Gate
- Neverwinter Nights
- Mass Effect
- Dragon Age

And we have forgotten about a very, very good game:
- The Witcher

It's kinda "stylish" to be honest and it's a good game.

And by the way, have you even played The Elder Scrolls, more than a few minutes that is?
Morrowind and Oblivion sure has some weird-ass animations, but the games are still well worth your time...

About that:
The idea with these systems are that YOU are the PC and you are suppose to “imagine” that you say the sentence you choose.

Edit
Nevermind about The Witcher, just read that you've played it.

I have a bad experience with "silent protagonists" from since everyone thought I was insane when talking to myself as Link in Ocarina of Time.

Level 11
u sure are very picky, it would be easier if u would tell us the kind of games you don't like, so we would have a much easier way of trying to help you by finding games (if there are any) that u do like (that are not on your list)

Level 25
How was it able to run The Witcher then? Mass Effect (1) is at the same level…

And play Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter Nights if you don't have a good enough computer.
Sure, the graphics are outdated by far, but if you want a character driven story (and epic NPCs and main plot), they're both good choices...

And why do you even ask for “Flashy/Stylish Jap Games” if you don’t even have a computer for it?
Feels like you are trolling us….

Level 4
How was it able to run The Witcher then? Mass Effect (1) is at the same level…

And play Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter Nights if you don't have a good enough computer.
Sure, the graphics are outdated by far, but if you want a character driven story (and epic NPCs and main plot), they're both good choices...

And why do you even ask for “Flashy/Stylish Jap Games” if you don’t even have a computer for it?
Feels like you are trolling us….

I never trolled, neither I intend to. I played Witcher on an another PC.
I will try Baldur's Gate, just to try it, and I played NN1. WTF is with my character missing an enemy 90% of the time?!

Level 3
Can anybody recommend me a game/some games? :)

I'm looking for a RPG game.
Preferably something like Fable The Lost Chapters. And by this I mean that the longer I get into the game the more my character also progresses, for example if I'm an warrior I'd be "buffed" in the way I look. But if I were an wizard I'd look weaker. I don't really care about what "time" it is in. Also a bonus would be if I could have different ways to act which would result in different endings.

Level 34
If you want something older, try star ocean.

If you want something new, Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

Level 3
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll try Dragon Age. :)
But more suggestions are still appreciated! :)

Level 6
Well I would recommand
1. Need 4 Speed - Hot Pursuit 2010..
1.1 Awsome car gameplay...

2. Assassin's Creed
3. Assassin's Creed 2
4. Assassin's Creed - Brotherhood
2,3,4.1 Awsome story, as well as gameplay

5. Civilization 5
Good graphics...Better then his predecessors as gameplay

Level 11
Ba! dah duh da de dah! ba ba ba ba baaa! tee tudley tudley tudley tatititatititaaa!!!

Presenting!

Red Dead Redemption : Midwestern game with a lot of character development, a super fun online community! and a ton of things to do!!!!

Might and Magic 7 : old but super fun game, a lot of character development and when u get to some point in the game you can choose to join either the angels or demons really fun..

Demons Souls : An extremely hard RPG in the beginning, depending on how well or bad you do in each area is how good the stuff u will get, and wat kind of spells and people u will be able to talk to, but if u hate hardcore games.. .dont get this one cause its guarunteed to make u mad! REALLY MAD at some points!

Morrowind/Oblivion/FO3/FO New Vegas : These are all very similar and im sure u played some if not all of these, a bunch of character development involved...

Hope this helped! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.