• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suprisingly Good Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
There are some games that you expect them to be just plain piece of sh*t, and they turn out good, or excellent. These games are usually sequels to bad games, or those are movie games. Anyways, I'm gonna list some games that I expected to be bad, but liked them:

-G-Force (It's a movie game with gophers flying on mosquitoes and hacking PC-s. What could you possibly expect? Well, the game is fine.)

-Phantasy Star Universe (I didn't even know what is this game. Had 60$ for a XBOX 360 game, and I saw this at a store shelve, it looked cool, and I bought it. Damn, I still play it today.

-Ninja Blade (Where the hell did this come from?)

Level 14
Uncharted(Well i know most of you might flame me cause you will tell its a really good game)LoL my friends hated it and were saying it was crap, and when i bought it, it turned out to be one of the best games(graphics and gameplay)that i ever played...
Well i can't think of anything else.

Level 11
I love Uncharted :D... but hmm a suprisingly good game i would say Rune : Viking Warlord, i know its an old ps2 game... but Multiplayer is fun! :D hehe

Level 13
CoD : MW RE, WII.
(Short for "Cock of dooty : Mordern Warfuck Refuck Edition, Why I Internet")

Level 11
Kohan

Kohan didnt look like a good game to begin with, but once you fully understand the game it got really fun! just like the 2nd one :D hehe

Level 14
Another one for me was Warcraft 3 like all of you guys said, i had my old PC and Downloaded WC2 then i saw how gory were the unit deaths and thought it would be the goriest strategy game ever in 3D like WC2, but i changed my mind even at the 1st stage of the tutorial! :D

Level 19
Minesweeper. I was forced to have it when the Computer was bought, but it turned out pretty well... I could even play it when I have nothing better to do:)

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I never buy games that I doubt will be entertaining, thus I'm never positively surprised.

Oh, and one note on the WC3 expectations after the demo - the demo is the sole reason I bought WC3, because the demo was absolutely excellent.

Surprisingly good games, huh?

Old Era:
Command & Conquer ( First )
Nethack ( Original )
Super Mario Brothers ( First )
Kirby ( First )
Sunset Riders ( First )
Final Fantasy ( Third )
Sonic ( All 2D Platform )
Worms ( All 2D Platform )
Liero ( =D )
Warcraft ( First and Second )