• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The most absurd gaming theories/rumors you've seen?

Level 1
What are your most favorite gaming rumors, old or new, that turned out to be untrue?

So for context, I mostly play on Xbox Series X these days. You could say I'm an Xbox fan. Not an Xbox. I have a lot of love for the PS, too - no hate here. I have all PS consoles except PS5 (I have 1-4, PSP, and Vita).

I'm stating this because I played heavily on the Xbox 360 and there were wild rumors that your 360 could start a fire anytime. This came about after several units started 3RL-ing due to a poor clamp design. Needless to say, I was heavily scared of the rumor and I ended up buying an extra electric fan that I would put on the right side grill of the unit just so it won't get too hot. Because of that rumor, I actually ended up extending the lifespan of my 360. :grin:

There's a similar one lately, and it's for the Series X lol

Then for the newest one, I think it's just crazy that some people are now connecting the moon to GTA 6 rumors. I mean, the rumor mill for this game is insane, but to find connections with the moon? Not sure if the writer is high on something. XD

What are your faves? Even if they're for older console or PC games.