• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elderscrolls V?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Who here has played the any game in the Elder Scrolls Series?!?!

Ok personally my favorite is Oblivion, however I think it would be much better to play a mix of Oblivion and Morrowind. Morrowind had a much more vast story line with much more to do. There were more factions, more quests, more places, and just a larger selection of things to do. Of course with mods you can make Oblivion just as good by adding in many things. (Well as long as you have the pc version which I don't >.<)

But Oblivion was still a great game on its own. Amazing visuals, a grand story, with plenty to do. Well if you played Oblivion back when it came out and were thinking, "well ok now whats next?" You were thinking with me. I've read in many places of different rumors about the Elder Scrolls Series returning with Elder Scrolls V. However the rumors do vary.

First I heard back in 2007 2008 that there was going to be an MMO version of the game. This would be all fine and dandy for those Elder Scrolls fans ready to go and pay a monthly fee, but for some of us we wouldn't be able to afford it. Also I believe there would be a fear of the story being messed up and not allowing for another single player game like some though WoW did to WC.

The most recent rumor I've heard is that a Bethesda employee was recorded commenting on the series. They believe if one is made with the single player aspect that it would take place in the icy province of Skyrim. (If you don't know of any of these areas check out the Elder Scrolls wiki page for the lore.)

What are all your opinions on these rumors and what would you like to see in a new Elder Scrolls games. Maybe even story ideas.

Level 9
The Summerset Isles would be interesting since the islands have a interesting history. Yes I would like to see a mix of quality (oblivion) quantity (morrowind).

The game graphics have been a source for debate over both games. Either the Oblivion graphics were amazing to some or childish and unrealistic to others. People think Morrowind's blow or are really cool and realistic. Maybe a mix of the realistic morrowind style but with high end detail like in oblivion.

Personally I think the story taking place in Skyrim would be cool since I love the nordic history but I think the icy background would get boring after a while. I'm curious as to how they would make this a more enjoyable experience.

Level 9
Blah noooooo, I hate the argonians. I've never used them in either oblivion or morrowind. Their racial attributes are easy to acquire through enchantments and spells.

They do walk funny however and yes I do laugh at them from time to time but still not my favorite race. I think the black marsh would be a lot like Morrowind anyways with way swampier land. Not something I'd like to look at throughout a game.

Something I didn't mention before is the factions and guilds. If they make a new elder scrolls I'd like to see more factions than in Oblivion where you only got the 4 guilds. In morrowind their are factions, guilds, and houses to join and rank up in. Much more to do and more ways to branch out and explore the area.

Edit: Instead of double post I EDIT =O

Ok I just had this thought. When your playing Oblivion your living a life through the character that you create. Then why can't you have other choices in game or experiences. Ever notice that using speech craft is good in all but you only really would need to use it during certain events and if your poor. And most of the time you don't need to talk to that roaming NPC and make them like you because nothing happens in return other than a more friendly hello when they see you. Why not make the ENTIRE world more life like and maybe dare I say a bit more Fable esc. Meaning if someone likes you you can have them either spread the world to their friends through a network set up either by the creators of the game or even modders in future mods. Think about it, you speak with one person about certain events and maybe they give you a gift, or help you find some place, maybe even move in with you or travel with you? Then when you leave them and run into someone else, that person just happens to mention that they heard of you from a friend. Wouldn't that make the use of speech craft more interesting and enjoyable. I'd love having people move in with me, receive gifts, have someone travel with you and become stronger along side you, and even spread the word of your kindness.

Last edited:
Level 4
personally id like to see another expansion, like maybe some other bad stuff starts to happen, and the Hero (you) gets called in to help. Or maybe thats a dumb idea, but id like to see another expansion. with more of an option of what to say to people kinda like kotor, it influences the gameplay depending on what u say.

however im down with anything a new elder scrolls sounds fun.

Level 9
Problem is, if they make an expansion they can't really change the game play mechanics unless they overhauled the game engine, which would be a waste of time when making a new game engine would be for a new game.

=O another idea! Along with them putting out DLC for the console versions along with patches for both PC and console, I think they should do something extra with the patches. By extra I mean develop the world around you. Like in Oblivion when Kavatch is still destroyed and burning once you beat the game? Maybe after so much game time you automatically upload a patch that updates the world, making Kavatch rebuilt. This could be something set in the game however, but what if your playing the next Elder Scrolls and you've gotten through the story line, maybe you own a house in one of the big cities. Then suddenly the city is assaulted by a huge group of barbarians that ransack the area, burning and pillaging. Well Maybe your house was caught up in it and some of your things were taken. Well this could create new quests for the user allowing them to track down the barbarians and recover their stolen goods. This would keep the game running making you wonder what could possibly happen next. This idea could be morphed in so many different ways, im not even going to start ^.^

Level 34
Fables attempts at creating a life-like society failed. Hard. It was the worst part about the game.

Oblivion should make the game more fun, and I don't think talking to a computer is very fun. I'd rather be slicing the computers head off thank you very much. Something that I can't do IRL.

Level 9
Well the friendship string would only be something integrated into the game. not necessarily something that you had to do unless you wanted your game with more depth. You'd of course still have the combat. Hopefully they will make the combat better than in Oblivion. Well at least make it more fun and in depth. So you have to really strategize if you want or just button mash if you don't want to play the game complicatedly.

Level 17
I might as well give purpose to your necro-bump.

Bethesda has just signed a deal with Obsidian Entertainment. They will be creating a new Fallout set in Las Vegas. (FTR, Obsidian Entertainment were the developers of the original Fallout 1 & 2.)

The significance of this is the fact that Bethesda chose NOT to work on this project themselves.

This signifies that they must be busy with another project. None have been announced, and the only projects they are working on currently are the Fallout 3 DLC (Broken Steel.)

= Possibly freeing up their time for Eldar scrolls V

It's a long shot, but it's possible since the same exact thing happened before.

There is a mod for oblivion where you cut peoples head off (and other parts), attack on horse, spells on horse, Counterattack of shield (something like that), Crit fire make them burn for a few seconds, crit lightning make them melt and ice freezes them. the only thing you have to do is update Oblivion (from the actual website... i think) and the mod will work.

Level 6
Bethesda did say the next game they made might be an Elder Scrolls title.

They need to reintroduce all the cool stuff they had in Morrowind.

Such as horseback combat.

Level 15
If they make a new Oblivion, they're going to need to optimize it better (the old Oblivion needlessly ate up processing power) and give it more realistic and satisfying combat, ala' Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. Oh, and they also need to include that "good and evil" system from Fallout 3. THAT would make it golden. If it's just Oblivion with beefed up graphics, then it will fail just like Oblivion and Fallout 3 already did. And, for the record, I don't care about you soft-core gamers that don't play FPS and enjoyed Fallout 3 or Oblivion.

Level 11
all thats said above i heard few from each post... i would like TES 5 to take place in morrowind but not vvardenfell but whole morrowind, and all that before TES 3 storry, but it might be lame becouse theres so much land and we might w8 5-10 more TES-s to see whole tamriel not to talk about other places.

Level 15
Ok I just had this thought. When your playing Oblivion your living a life through the character that you create. Then why can't you have other choices in game or experiences. Ever notice that using speech craft is good in all but you only really would need to use it during certain events and if your poor. And most of the time you don't need to talk to that roaming NPC and make them like you because nothing happens in return other than a more friendly hello when they see you. Why not make the ENTIRE world more life like and maybe dare I say a bit more Fable esc. Meaning if someone likes you you can have them either spread the world to their friends through a network set up either by the creators of the game or even modders in future mods. Think about it, you speak with one person about certain events and maybe they give you a gift, or help you find some place, maybe even move in with you or travel with you? Then when you leave them and run into someone else, that person just happens to mention that they heard of you from a friend. Wouldn't that make the use of speech craft more interesting and enjoyable. I'd love having people move in with me, receive gifts, have someone travel with you and become stronger along side you, and even spread the word of your kindness.
I don't know about the "become stronger alongside you" part, but the rest of what you said sounds oddly similar to say, oh I don't know... The Sims?

And Oblivion doesn't have nice graphics. Honestly. I think the Orange Box engine looks better. Definitely runs smoother. And Oblivion also has fail physics. I mean come on... how is it possible that after hitting someone or something with a sword or hammer 100 times nothing happens?

Edit: And those traps... like WTF man?! If you fall on a spike, your corpse just sits on top of it... you don't get impaled or anything.

I would like to see a remake of Morrowind, though. I loved that game a lot- especially because of it's amazing soundtrack and art direction, which Oblivion fails to live up to.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
For 5, I wish to see basic multiplayer sync support. The servers should be small, but it sure as hell would be fun to play via LAN or with friends, even if it supports atmost 4 people more is not needed.

More badies I am sure everyone agrees with, honestly in this day and age there were too few. I would like to see atleast 100-200 unique bady types and models, of which varios features may be variable. Yes I know humanoid units play a part, but wild life should never be forgoten and a realy epic world needs an epic number of different species.

DX10/11 support, in this day and age there is no excuse for the PC version to not use them.

Realistic settlement sizes. Although 4 was epic in proportions compaired to other games, the settlement sizes made little sense. The imperial city had only 100 ish inhabatatnts, which is far below the cutoff point for a town and other towns were a joke. An entire country with a population of about 1000 legal people was a bit strange, and what was even stanger was the fact that the gaurds appeared to have no family. City and town size needs to atleast be multiplied by 10, if not more. You may say it would take impossiably long to program, but who says they need to be unique. Like the town gaurds are generic, the inhabatants should also be generic ofcourse with its peppering of unique individuals.

The lack of age differences. . . Although there were constant mentionings of children and young, there never were any. They should add children into the game, however for violence reasons they should probably be unkillable as I believe that was why 4 did not have them (that and they were lazy programmers).

The argonians actually being reptiles. Although it was cool to be lizard like, honestly it was a joke in 4. They should really work on making the other races more animal like. This includes tails that make sense and respond to the environment, different animations and skelton shapes for the other races and finally the removal of noticably forced humanoid atributes on the other races. I really expect the other races to be a lot less human like in 5.

Better level up system. I would like to see a level up as you train system with no penalties for poor point management. This would allow you to not have to do boring repetitive tasks to get a perfect character and allow you to focus on playing more.

Replenisihing towns. In 4 you could rob whole towns dry permantly. In 5 not only should NPCs buy items and stuff from shops (meaning shops should make more sense) but they should also restock stolen items and chenge their behaviour if they are stolen from too much. This ofcourse means reworking the entire shop system so that items sold and purchased always have a physical copy present than can be taken without paying, but it would certainly be cool to mess with.

Better lock system. Instead of a retarded mini game allowing you to pick the toughest locks in under a micro second game time wise, the opposite should be in 5. You should have no minigame at all to pick locks, however you are forced to stand in third party view while your character fidgets with the lock trying to get it open. Lockpicks would occasionally break ofcourse but that is chance or durability based, but really the major thing is that you have to think about when to open locks and that locked doors can be a real hazzard to get past. Ofcourse as your lockpick and agility level up, you would pick them faster and be able to pick more complex locks but it would make the game more emersing and actually make thievery challenging. Weaker locks should be breakable via force, ofcourse making a loud noise so might not be so advisable to use often.
On top of that there should be magic locks, ones which you can not open via picking, or fully open atleast. They need you to have the right unlocking spell and to channel it long enough until the lock is removed. This would mean that some targets would be less attractive for thiefs.
Finally there should be locking spells and doors, allowing you to use them strategically to excape or separate NPCs. Locking spells would make weak versions of the magic locks, which could be broken open with enough force and time, while actually locking a door means that an NPC with a lockpick or key is needed to open it.

More logical food and sleep system. Your character should need to eat and to sleep. This may sound like the most annoying thing possiably imaginable, however only if poorly done. Sleep should be something you never have to worry about, it basically is that if you are awake for over 16 hours ingame time units and do not rest or sleep, an ever increasing mana and fatigue regen penalty starts to occur. Resting every few hours will remove this effect or sleeping a long time would give a long buffer for it before it occurs. Food can kill you, but basically each race should be asigned a daliy required intake for food that varies or race and gender (and perhapse activities). If your character runs below a certain negative value of food units, it will get a hungry penalty and not preform as well. Only after really a lot of negative should you start losing HP as part of the starving buff. The ammout of negative for each bracket should be carefully balenced and based on each race so that for example orcs would need to eat quite a lot of food and can go 2 days without food before any penalty occurs while argonians would tend to eat less food and go a longer 4 to 5 days without any penalty. As there would be pleanty of food lieing around dungeons and camps and stuff, as long as you stop to consume some it should need minimal attention. The main point of this would mean that it would be strategical to carry food with you for longer excursions and also to rest and eat before elongated combat situations.

More to come at a later post. . .

Level 9
I own both Morrowind on Xbox and Oblivion on 360. I'm also holding three roles currently in the Oblivion campaign project. Really, what I want is A BETTER COMBAT SYSTEM. YOU HEAR ME? A BETTER DAMN COMBAT SYSTEM!! Fallout 3 actually has a better combat system because its got guns, and more tactics. Really, Oblivion just has you mashing the RT button with a sword with 10 dmg and 20 fire dmg. Additionally, Fallout 3 had you seeing massive amounts from one place, White House, Washington Monument, churches, houses, Paradise Falls' mascot, the boy holding an icecream - because Bethesda got better draw-distance for Fallout. In Oblivion, you were surrounded by tall mountains, and trees. You did get some epic views, such as a mountain looking at the Imperial City, but Fallout had loads better DD. However, I don't see Fallout having alchemy, enchanting weapons, armor and naming them, and some epic thievery getting 5 gold from houses sneaking out of guards eyes, and robbing 500 gold from shops.

Also, like the post above, they should mix Fallout and Far Cry - well, not really. However, the Fatigue system should be how you get them to eat/sleep. In fact, why don't they steal from like, San Andreas. You can survive a long time without food - more then a month, and also without water - less time you can be without it however. Fallout 3 had mostly food with radiation in it, you would maybe maintain it, but it has milestones of which you get sick with. Also, water in the Capital Wasteland would be polluted "But indeed, in the Capital Wasteland, water is polluted! Irradiated!". Additionally, they should have an uber spell or weapon like the ones F3 have to offer - The Fatman, go to the top of Tenpenny Tower, fire a mininuke at the top into the wasteland. Experemental MRIV - fire 8 MINI NUKES, the Tesla Cannon, etc. I'll follow this up with a table, pictures, etc info.

Level 15
Fallout 3 actually has a better combat system because its got guns, and more tactics.
So what if it has guns? And no, Fallout 3 does not require "tactics". If you're going to play it as an FPS, all you'll really be doing is spraying. If you're going to play it with VATS, it's even more boring... all you do is pick a target and your character automatically shoots at it. Yep. Awesome...

Level 9
The bows in Oblivion were shit. The guns are more fun to use then some swords, and there is more tactics then Oblivion. Since the majority of enemies are using guns, then you can take cover. Stealth means more on harder difficulties more as well, because stealth isn't as hard as Oblivion. There's also mines, etc = traps. Going for stuff such as the head matters, since Oblivion did not give u extra dmg for head-shots. Also, your limbs/head/chest etc gets damaged. Also, while reloading and such you can't access your PIP-BOY.

Level 15
The bows in Oblivion were shit.
What's your point? The guns in Fallout 3 are also "shit".
The guns are more fun to use then some swords,
I beg to differ. I had more fun playing Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (which had tons of sword-based combat) then Fallout 3.
and there is more tactics then Oblivion.
If you think spraying is an accepted tactic in FPS, then you're a total noob. If you think VATS is tactical, you're STILL a noob. VATS is basically an aimbot, making the game easy, boring, and repetitive.
Since the majority of enemies are using guns, then you can take cover.
Taking cover doesn't do anything, since the enemies will just rush you and spray right infront of you.
Stealth means more on harder difficulties more as well, because stealth isn't as hard as Oblivion.
Stealth isn't that special. Honestly.
There's also mines, etc = traps.
Traps?! NO. WAY. They are SO hard to avoid!
Going for stuff such as the head matters, since Oblivion did not give u extra dmg for head-shots.
It's kind of difficult to do so in real-time, you know, considering the fact that guns have completely unrealistic recoil and enemies move too fast for you to aim properly and be able to hit them.
Also, your limbs/head/chest etc gets damaged.
Big deal.
Also, while reloading and such you can't access your PIP-BOY.
Yet again, big deal.

Level 9
Big deal, get a life generic american games player™, and stop using the most used American word - Noob™. I'm talking about... Fallout - more tactics then Oblivion you n00b! The guns in Fallout 3 aren't as shit as bows, as the bow isn't gonna snipe an Enclave officer's head off from miles away. Note that there is also some decent smart enemies, which stay-back [oh, and you're gonna flame me with THEIR IDIOTS THEN...], and I don't see much recoil with guns other then the SR. Please, you got your literature for year two education, now get comprehension. On Very Hard early in the game, stealth is vital for stuff such as the supermarket for Wasteland Survival Guide quest. Also, you can set up mines and then lure the enemy to your position by running for two seconds crouching in stealth mode... then they run and BOOM! Oooh, an arm.

The guns in Fallout 3 aren't as shit as bows, as the bow isn't gonna snipe an Enclave officer's head off from miles away.

No shit sherlock. How the hell would a bow be better than a modern or even futuristic bow? Bows were always more a support weapon than something you could use all the time. After all almost all your enemies were melee so you could unleash some early damage to soften the enemies or just find a good location hard to reach.

However I didn't test their full potential in Oblivion, I chose the class without archery major skill, so I didn't bother with it much (mostly because I was disappointed of the lack of crossbows.

Level 15
Big deal, get a life generic american games player™,
Why are you trying to insult me? What would that get you? And how is it relevant to what we're talking about?
and stop using the most used American word - Noob™.
Again, totally irrelevant.
I'm talking about... Fallout - more tactics then Oblivion you n00b!
No, not really... it's basically the same thing, actually. Fallout 3 uses a slightly prettied up version of Oblivion's engine, but that's all that's different between the two. The AI in Fallout 3 is seemingly the exact same thing as in Oblivion, where enemies with close-ranged or melee weaponry would rush at you and if they carried a long ranged weapon, just stand there and spray at you.
The guns in Fallout 3 aren't as shit as bows, as the bow isn't gonna snipe an Enclave officer's head off from miles away.
Again, irrelevant. You're comparing a game taking place in a modern post-apocalyptic world to a game that takes place in a medieval fantasy world.
Note that there is also some decent smart enemies, which stay-back
Read above.
[oh, and you're gonna flame me with THEIR IDIOTS THEN...],
How would I be flaming you if I said that?
and I don't see much recoil with guns other then the SR.
All of the fully-automatic guns have recoil. But instead of them going up and down, they go side to side, and shooting in bursts doesn't change anything.
Please, you got your literature for year two education, now get comprehension. On Very Hard early in the game, stealth is vital for stuff such as the supermarket for Wasteland Survival Guide quest. Also, you can set up mines and then lure the enemy to your position by running for two seconds crouching in stealth mode... then they run and BOOM! Oooh, an arm.
That's not exactly special.

Level 34
Diablo 2 style would work fine. In fact I think all RPG games should have at least some small multiplayer.

Level 9
Yes...Diablo 2 style. Or...Fable 2 style (...its in the Live charts, yet got bad review scores, see for yourself. My opinion? Evade), also, TES does not have class-gameplay, and you can max everything (Fallout 3, nope), but I would very like 4 player multiplayer (splitscreen/online/system link).

Level 15
I just hope you realize that there can be very bad repercussions for including online co-op. Such as: stealing loot, attacking innocents, getting caught for stealing from innocents, killing innocents, etc. And let's not forget that if you die in co-op, things will get incredibly problematic, because Bethesda doesn't like respawn systems apparently. The other players in your co-op game could loot you as you lie helplessly dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.