• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim ! {lulz?^^}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I don't know if everyones heard but the bird is the word!

but real talk, i am so happy that Bethesda is releasing another Elder Scrolls games... and i really hope its gonna be more like morrowind then oblivion... though i loved both games... i had a much more emotional tone while playing morrowind than i did oblivion....

Level 9
I wonder if they're gonna add some kind of multiplayer and the ability to fly maybe dragons... that would be awesome

In fact, I'm not buying the next Elder Scrolls (not pirating) if there is no form of attempted multiplayer. You beat the game, get all the shinies, and for what? There's no one to gloat at or share your adventure stories with!

Even if it was a mere 2-player LAN, they need to attempt it sometime. Sure the game's massive and bla bla bla but I doubt it would be troublesome to have the computer update the position of ONE other player in your world.

Pfft. /Endrant

Level 13
In fact, I'm not buying the next Elder Scrolls (not pirating) if there is no form of attempted multiplayer. You beat the game, get all the shinies, and for what? There's no one to gloat at or share your adventure stories with!

Even if it was a mere 2-player LAN, they need to attempt it sometime. Sure the game's massive and bla bla bla but I doubt it would be troublesome to have the computer update the position of ONE other player in your world.

Pfft. /Endrant

... To see the end of the story, to see everything the game has to offer.

Seriously, if you play games for online bragging rights you should probably quit RPGs.

Level 9
... To see the end of the story, to see everything the game has to offer.

Seriously, if you play games for online bragging rights you should probably quit RPGs.

Nice indirect attack.

However, it was not in any essence focused on the right to brag. It's the multiplayer aspect in general that makes games more entertaining. It's socializing. It would be more entertaining for players with a working multiplayer system implemented - it just would, it's undeniable. What would be in denial is a failure attempt at multiplayer, which should be thrown out immediately if it just sucks. Did I mention it would increase the lifespan of Elder Scrolls games? Patch it now and then, with new content up to the next release, and build/keep your playerbase.

kthx.

Level 13
Nice indirect attack.

However, it was not in any essence focused on the right to brag. It's the multiplayer aspect in general that makes games more entertaining. It's socializing. It would be more entertaining for players with a working multiplayer system implemented - it just would, it's undeniable. What would be in denial is a failure attempt at multiplayer, which should be thrown out immediately if it just sucks. Did I mention it would increase the lifespan of Elder Scrolls games? Patch it now and then, with new content up to the next release, and build/keep your playerbase.

kthx.

Elder Scrolls ain't build for multiplayer. They're supposed to be huge, vast open sandbox RPGs where you play the role of the hero and you do the choices (althought Oblivion was devoid of any sort of story choices), a second player just doesn't fit here. What is his purpose, just dicking around while you do the story?

Level 11
Nice indirect attack.

kthx.

Im gonna have to agree with Xenostalker... i've always wanted that multiplayer experience in these games... sure u can keep playing after u beat it... but its not as fun as it was when u had a goal... if it added multiplayer who knows what could happen.. they could add arena modes... deathmatches... free roam... kinda what Red Dead Redemption did with its multiplayer... cause i got really bored of oblivion when i beaten it.. i had every good weapon and armor in the game.. and it seemed that i couldn't share the epicness with ne1 else..

Level 15
Nice indirect attack.

kthx.

No, just.... No.

The entire Elder Scrolls series has been designed to provide the best Single-Player RPG experience out there (albeit Oblivion sucked). Multiplayer would ruin the entire thing. Emphasis on SINGLE-PLAYER.

Go back to playing WoW.

Level 9
No, just.... No.

The entire Elder Scrolls series has been designed to provide the best Single-Player RPG experience out there (albeit Oblivion sucked). Multiplayer would ruin the entire thing. Emphasis on SINGLE-PLAYER.

Go back to playing WoW.

Sure thing.

We'll leave it to World of Warcraft and Maplestory for our epic RPG games from now on.

Go back to playing WoW

I love how this thread is full of hotheaded egocentrists. Nice indirect attack, again. Flame some more at developed opinions, really encourages mature discussion.

kthx.

Level 13
I agree that this game shouldn't be multiplayer if you really want it to be multiplayer it wouldn't be a huge free roam RPG it would be a "Let's go massacre shit with are really long claymores!!!".

@XenoStalker It's not being egocentric it's why would you want to make a game perfect at everything?? When it's already a great genre/game in itself.
P.S. Don't feed the fire.

Level 9
XenoStalker, I suggest you to try Darkfall.

Never heard of it :eekani:

I agree that this game shouldn't be multiplayer if you really want it to be multiplayer it wouldn't be a huge free roam RPG it would be a "Let's go massacre shit with are really long claymores!!!".

Then it'd be nice for some company to attempt a free roam game as large as the Elders series. It'd be cool to know that your friend or friend(s) are halfway across the continent (but in the same detailed and interactive environments - unlike WoW..) :grin:

P.S. Don't feed the fire.

:wink: Ofc.

Level 16
I am getting this one just for the sake of having it. It is an Elder Scrolls game! If it lacks Multi-player oh well I will get it for the simple fact I wish to play it and beat it. Though Multi-player is nice gives you the chance to flaunt anything you have others do not but I hope it does not turn out like Oblivion which offers several hours of gaming but sucks once you beat it. I mean Oblivion is lacking several things Morrowind has, it has better graphics, Oblivion had a lot more bugs, and such forth.

Though word is this game will be running on a whole new engine. I am even signed up over at the Skyrim Wiki where the community for this game is slowly gathering.

Level 20
Seriously... there isn't a single game that WOULDN'T benefit from some kind of online, even if it's just to prevent creation of all these little unsociable adolescents who have nothing better to do than eat, sweat and sleep. <.<

Seriously Elder Scrolls + Multiplayer = Win
Bethesda know it, I assume there just scared of screwing it up (which is fair enough... cough, fable 2, cough).

Either way yes, I loved Morrowind, Oblivion... Generic case of looks > mechanics.
The only improvement was the combat system, the 'auto-levelling' and lack of many old weapons and less guild/house/skill choices made it sub-par imo.

Gotta say I'm kinda disappointed it's Skyrim... Idk... I just think there are more interesting places :/
Heh, with any luck they'll prove me wrong ;)

Level 11
Seriously... there isn't a single game that WOULDN'T benefit from some kind of online, even if it's just to prevent creation of all these little unsociable adolescents who have nothing better to do than eat, sweat and sleep. <.<

Seriously Elder Scrolls + Multiplayer = Win
Bethesda know it, I assume there just scared of screwing it up (which is fair enough... cough, fable 2, cough).

Either way yes, I loved Morrowind, Oblivion... Generic case of looks > mechanics.
The only improvement was the combat system, the 'auto-levelling' and lack of many old weapons and less guild/house/skill choices made it sub-par imo.

Gotta say I'm kinda disappointed it's Skyrim... Idk... I just think there are more interesting places :/
Heh, with any luck they'll prove me wrong ;)

This.

Though i would get this game no matter what, i agree that online could benefit it, and if u dislike online then don't play online

Never heard of it :eekani:

Darkfall Online, a MMORPG. You can browse youtube to get some gameplay videos, it really looks oblivion from there, hell, it's similar to m&b too. But I think there are a lot of problems with that game, but I haven't done a research about it yet.

It's however a ruthless world, you can easily get killed by enemy player who can even loot you! So getting killed too much it will very quickly drain your equipment supply.

Level 16
Likely would be more one of those things if they get to it they get to it. If not then oh well. But the January issue of Game-informer is supposed to have more information on Elder Scrolls Skyrim thankfully.

Level 48

Pfft. /Endrant

Someone doesn't like single-player RPGs, I see? :/

Level 11
IDK, if Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind had multiplayer right now... man i would be playing that right now! but as of now.... i'm bored of its singleplayer... same with oblivion... so why not have multiplayer? i think it would great... and like i said b4 if u dislike multiplayer then don't play multiplayer :p

Level 13
IDK, if Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind had multiplayer right now... man i would be playing that right now! but as of now.... i'm bored of its singleplayer... same with oblivion... so why not have multiplayer? i think it would great... and like i said b4 if u dislike multiplayer then don't play multiplayer :p

Except Multiplayer isn't something you just tack on and call it a day. It demands time and resources, resources which could be spent on the singleplayer side of the game. Elder Scrolls series and Open World sanbox SINGLEPLAYER RPG games. They ain't designed for Multiplayer. Adding in multiplayer will affect the amount of singleplayer content of the game.

Level 11
Except Multiplayer isn't something you just tack on and call it a day. It demands time and resources, resources which could be spent on the singleplayer side of the game. Elder Scrolls series and Open World sanbox SINGLEPLAYER RPG games. They ain't designed for Multiplayer. Adding in multiplayer will affect the amount of singleplayer content of the game.

How can u honestly state this? what proof u have of "ANY" multiplayer RPG's having a short singleplayer... idk if u have friends... but i do and i would love to play with them... and i sure ne1 with friends that have this game would... and if u dislike multiplayer then don't play it... all i'm simply asking for is a multiplayer that is the same as the singleplayer.. only difference is possibly the difficulty, # of creeps.. and you can play with other people... 1-4 people would be awesome.. i'd even accept 1-2 players.. not only will this make me happy.. but i am sure they would recieve more profits by making it multiplayer.. sure i know a lot of people play these games.. but i am very sure that if they added multiplayer... more people would buy it... and if it is really popular i'm sure it would add DL content other than the usual expansions they make... im just saiyan... :D hehe

Level 13
How can u honestly state this? what proof u have of "ANY" multiplayer RPG's having a short singleplayer... idk if u have friends... but i do and i would love to play with them... and i sure ne1 with friends that have this game would... and if u dislike multiplayer then don't play it... all i'm simply asking for is a multiplayer that is the same as the singleplayer.. only difference is possibly the difficulty, # of creeps.. and you can play with other people... 1-4 people would be awesome.. i'd even accept 1-2 players.. not only will this make me happy.. but i am sure they would recieve more profits by making it multiplayer.. sure i know a lot of people play these games.. but i am very sure that if they added multiplayer... more people would buy it... and if it is really popular i'm sure it would add DL content other than the usual expansions they make... im just saiyan... :D hehe

I didn't say short singleplayer, I said it harms the quality of the singleplayer. You see games have these things called budgets. Budget is the amount of money they have for the game. Now this budget is used for the whole game and different cuts of it are used for different parts of it.

Now the more areas there are to design in the game, the less money there is for each area. The Elder Scrolls budget is for things like quests, NPCs, voice acting, game mechanics etc. Things that are in the singleplayer. Now adding in Multiplayer will take money from ALL of these areas and be put into designing multiplayer, as in how it works, what will the mechanics be, etc.

If I want to play with my friends I play games which are designed for MULTIPLAYER. The only reason to add a multiplayer mechanic to Elder Scrolls is because kids want their precious coop.

Level 11
I didn't say short singleplayer, I said it harms the quality of the singleplayer. You see games have these things called budgets. Budget is the amount of money they have for the game. Now this budget is used for the whole game and different cuts of it are used for different parts of it.

Now the more areas there are to design in the game, the less money there is for each area. The Elder Scrolls budget is for things like quests, NPCs, voice acting, game mechanics etc. Things that are in the singleplayer. Now adding in Multiplayer will take money from ALL of these areas and be put into designing multiplayer, as in how it works, what will the mechanics be, etc.

If I want to play with my friends I play games which are designed for MULTIPLAYER. The only reason to add a multiplayer mechanic to Elder Scrolls is because kids want their precious coop.

Budget for this game shouldn't be a problem considering how much profit they've made on their previous games. I don't see how the quality of singleplayer be changed... if the multiplayer should be the same as the singleplayer just with different things... IE : Difficulty. Just look at Diablo 2.. i played the singleplayer like mad... got on Battle.net and had even more fun... Dugeon Siege 1&2 is just like Diablo 2... i can even bring in Demon's Souls...

I'm sure people would agree with me when i say that "Its better to have any kind of multiplayer then a different maybe better or worse (depending on your opinion) singleplayer." Just because after a while... Singleplayer will get boring...

As for your kids statement... i'd say more adults play this game than kids... and even they would love multiplayer... hell, i know my dad does...

Level 20
Adding multiplayer is never the reason for a game's single player experience being hampered, know what is? Developer laziness or tight publisher contracts.

Since Elder Scrolls didn't build their fanbase on multiplayer options, why would it be in their interest to change this?

When the elder scrolls first started multiplayer wasn't a big thing, there weren't consoles or online infrastructures you could just pop a disc in, type in your username, pass and click invite friend.

In this day and age multiplayer is everywhere, were using the internet for what it was originally intended for... communicating...

No one's saying lets make Elder Scrolls an MMO, but 1-2 or 1-4 player co-op would be a blessing for those who aren't satisfied with playing against static scripting over and over again.

borderlands
Best recent RPG imo and it's a shooter... t_t

The co-op is just so win...

OK fair enough, it is instanced not completely open world but I'm sure workarounds can be made...

Hell even just an arena where you could 1v1 a friends char... would give it so much more re-playability.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! There won't be crossbows and spears!!!

ffffuuuu_jpg-magnum.jpg

Level 20
If people stuck to 'plans' the world would probably get no where.
There's a first for everything...

No one ever thought Final Fantasy would make multiplayer... it took a while but it did.
I'm not saying it's a good example or that an MMORPG is the way to go, merely pointing out the discussion is perfectly valid and I would not be the least surprised if eventually a multiplayer initiative is taken on the series.

As of yet, yes, there seems to be no mention of multiplayer. It probably won't happen, but we can dream can't we?

Level 12
It's mods which keep such game alive. But it's kind of big step making it multiplayer, no pausing, no saving, what would happen when you will have to browse for your spell somewhere in your inventory? Arenas and battles like in m&b could work, but free roam seems unsuitable for multiplayer.

I bring forth a question... with multiplayer there could be things such as mods? For example, a mod like Ruined Tail's Tale (Oblivion's) could live along multiplayer? Because I don't know about you, but although Oblivion (and thus Morrowind) does not have multiplayer, modding them makes them incredible. I can name a single mod (could name tons of others) that already make it rocks: Art of Battle. Basically balances the damages so that the fights are actually realistic and people die in one to three hits. Also buff Archery (to those that remember the damage of weapons, a silver longsword have 77 damage.) I use tons of others. Either way, would you guys prefer a Skyrim mod-able... or Multiplayer able? (I doubt Bethesda can do both.)

Level 13
I love the viking like models in this game it's possibly my favorite part about that game play video.

Level 20
Sasuhkun that's illogical, warcraft III is multiplayer and moddable... ?
Making it multiplayer wouldn't make it not moddable :mad:

If you want an rpg example; Neverwinter Nights both multi and VERY MODDABLE.

Shame about the lack of multiplayer, probably still pick it up regardless, but not at retail price, that's just me I'm all for the player-player interaction, it looks ORGASMIC if your a singleplayer RPG fan. :)

Gotta credit them, they've achieved what they probably wanted to!

Level 12
Holy.

Freaking.

Shit.

I'll never have a video driver good enough to play that. I mean, even with everything at max (except anti aliasing) my Oblivion does not run as smooth as complete low quality... And my video driver is "supposed" to handle 16x anti aliasing... Right.

Also.. Lamp lover, have you not eyes to see? Of all the parts of the video, the viking set was your favorite!? I mean, the hell. It looks so, so, so, so awesome. I can't hardly wait.

Edit: Multiplayer takes a lot out of the realism of a RPG like Bethesda's, because the importance of the player in it is too huge to allow anyone else as important as him to exist. How is that Neverwinter Nights for example? Do every single player is a chosen one? And can one add mods as complex as companion mods, such as the famous Ruined Tail, Tears of the Fiend, for instance? Could you imagine everyone walking around, claiming to be the Elder Scrolls Champions, alongside clones and more clones of Ruin?

At least for Elder Scrolls, multiplayer is just not possible, for the sake of both excellent mods and history.

Level 20
No, you'd just have separate multiplayer functionality :3
The main game = single player.

Then just a 'free-roam' without the main story quests, probably some kind of tether system.

Neverwinter nights had single player modules and multiplayer modules, modding it could produce both to.

Level 13
I'm liking the humanlike faces and better animations (altought still awkward) in the trailer. Also lighting looks good. Still, I'm really skeptical about Bethesda's writing, but I hope this game will be good.

Level 12
What do you mean it is so Oblivion? Not as many changes as from Morrowind to Oblivion you mean? Indeed, they ADDED a lot more than they changed. Skyrim will be closer to Oblivion then it was to its previous title. But oh well, the game stills looks awesome. If they implement a realistic combat system (weapons that in a balanced fight kills with 3 hits unarmored, 5 hits light armor and 8 heavy armor), I won't need anything else for a LOONG time.

Grey, a lot of mods wouldn't really work on multiplayer, specialy on a free roam type. And what can you do with that space of the world? Just imagine a server with, let's say, 100 people. Multiplayer can be really diabolical, so half will propably at be at the main city slaughtering every single living being and themselfs. The other half will encounter at quests and dungeons, which one will already have completed while the other player just try to do something else. And there are no really complex and/or engaging quests, since they fall too much to something of a ES's Champion.

On Elder Scrolls, it is just impossible to implement that, unless you withstand thousands, and thousands and thousands of flaws, which Bethesda propably won't want to fix them all up for the sake of MMORPG's gamers trying something new. They already have a solid base, so they aren't THAT desperate.

(I wonder what MM's signature means... I know only that it is written in polish :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.