• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite Elder Scrolls Game (III to V)

What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

• I haven't played any of them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So what is your favorite and for what reason? Mine is Oblivion, such an epic game in my opinion, though I've never played Morrowind and people say that's better. But personally, Oblivion is the best of the three later games in the Elder Scrolls series (the first ones are much too outdated).

Why? Oblivion just had that... fantasy feeling without having it prominent. Sure, there were orcs, elves, goblins and all that, but it didn't feel like any other fantasy game. It had depth, none other had. And it's soundtrack! Oh, the music was brilliant. I remember role-playing, walking through the forest on a rainy, starlit night with one of the tracks playing. Another time I was watching the sunset and it was so... real. So lively. I love this game, and I always will. It always had that feel that it was alive. Every bit of it's music touched my heart in a way no other game's soundtrack had.

But what about you? Was it Morrowind's excellent, overall gameplay, Oblivion's music and originality, or Skyrim's epic combat and storyline? Or other parts of these games? Post yours here and don't forget to vote on the poll!

Level 15
Skyrim. I have played Obilivion and it's stupid. We can run really fast. Warrior is so strong. The world is too big and empty, well big is not the main problem, it's the enemies. Casting magic is stupid. I prefer Skyrim because it has better, way better animation, better world, easy story, dual wield, ultimate magic, and more.

I will be wait for Elder Scrools VI. It will be awesome...
I hope it has better RPG element, but not dungeon crawling.

Level 11
Morrowind IMO,

It set the standards for future generations, and not only that I just felt there was much more to do in the game, really loved making my very own spells with no limitations as long as you had enough magika for them for example summoning 8 minions was my favorite spell.

The only game with the spell "Levitate" which is pretty imba when used against melee enemies hahaha

Ship and Silt Striders were your ways to fast travel rather than the actual option to fast travel in the open.

My personal problems with Oblivion was that I just felt that the terrain was for the most part the same or at least felt the same, almost as if they just cut and paste things everywhere with minor changes, also disliked how when you venture out in the wilderness it was pretty difficult to find anything to fight in the open other than wolves or bears. (monsters and humanoids could be found in designated areas however)

My personal problems with Skyrim was even though it was a close contender for my favorite Elder Scrolls game, I just felt like the developers catered more so to the casual gamers, everything felt simplified.. just my opinion though

I really hope The Elder Scrolls Online doesn't halt the continuation for future Elder Scrolls games, cause if so.... then to be honest if its agenda was to discontinue the franchise kinda like what WoW did to the Warcraft series, then I would hope for it to just be an absolute failure in hopes of them continuing the franchise again.

Well that's how I feel anyway, take it with a grain of salt or not :)

Level 28
Voting for Skyrim since I enjoyed playing it for good chunk of months with 20-30+ mods on (I often change mods trying different combination for new experience but I mostly have that much on) made my gameplay experience so enjoyable. Never had a dull moment because of those custom weapons, armors, houses, lands, quests, npcs, followers and game enhancing mods.

Yeah, in short the mods made it more enjoyable for me because I did play Skyrim with no mods (first play through) and its not really that fun.

Having played III and V, I'd vote for Morrowind... yeah, Skyrim has a lot more contents etc, but for me Morrowind still gave me more immersion and fun...

BTW, I think people who only played 1 will still vote and will probably vote for the 1 he played... which I think makes the results not that accurate since it then becomes overly biased... this would really only yield accurate results if only people who played all of those 3 games will be able to cast a vote...

Even the OP is guilty of it (never played III)... even me as I never played Oblivion so I will never vote for that...

Level 2
The problem is: That most people started to know from the Elder Scrolls Series after Skyrim was released. Oblivion was the first successfull, but it wasn't really a huge name compared to Skyrim now in my opinion. And of course if you start with Skyrim, and then go back to Oblivion or Morrowind, you don't know why it should be a better game than Skyrim. But I can remember the times when I first played Oblivion when it was released. The graphics were so awesome, that i just spend time on wandering through the lands, with an opened mouth like: WOW THEM GRAPHICS. If you would be playing it today, you would probably say: doesn't look bad, but outdated. And I mean that is exactly what it is. The Problem I'm having with the new Elder Scrolls Games Is (esp. Skyrim). Sure, they have great Graphics, an great Engine and a great Story. But somehow the Love that i felt in Oblivion and Morrowind, are gone. It's fun to play, for sure. I've spend my 50 hours on it too, but that is nothing compared to what i've spend on Morrowind or Oblivion (400 hours+).

I'd say if there would be a Morrowind that has the Skyrim engine/graphics, it would be an 10.000 times better game than the Skyrim what we are having atm. (And yes i know there is an mod that tries to do that. But it will take forever until it gets finished so, i'm not getting my hopes up too high.)

Level 34
Skyrim is the only one I played.

I will say that TESO sucks. Well not sucks, but it isn't nearly as fun as Skyrim was, and it has a fairly large amount of issues (animations being the biggest imo (other than bugs)).

Level 34
How did Morrowind not win this poll?
It is BY FAR the best one.
Probably because people (ie. me) have not played it. Also, Skyrim is the newest (setting aside the shit that is TESO) so it has an advantage in other ways as well.

Also I take back my correction from before. TESO sucks. Big dicks.

Level 34
I was in the beta. It was not nearly polished enough. Animations were pretty awful for this generation, and the bugs. So many bugs.

Level 2
i have only played morrowind, oblivion, and skyrim, and of them all, morrowind was the best. i have been playing that game for the past ten years, still haven't stopped. i played oblivion for about three years, and put down skyrim after about two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.