• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim ! {lulz?^^}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Well, I don't want to sound picky, but I am not that keen on visual perception when lighting and colors are involved.

Could anyone give their opinions on this mod http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1875

I'm asking because I don't 'see' the differences between this and RLO. But I know that RLO is still incomplete.

Last edited:
Level 35
I don't know for sure, but wouldn't that mod affect performance? I can't see anything about that in the description.

I am judging from their reference to a booster mod that it does affect performance, though if I read correctly on the booster comments - using the booster seems to allow to some more extensive mods (like it) to run without a hinge.

Level 14
Okay, so I've tested that mod. I don't like it because the night has a purple haze, and the indoors have a green haze. It's anything but realistic. During the day it's all good, but otherwise, not realistic at all.

It does decrease performance. I haven't tried their booster mod, mostly because I don't have CPU to spare.

So currently I am back on using Climates of Tamriel.

Thanks for your answers guys.

Level 14
Yeah I did, I knew about it for a while, I just feel that it's too far from being complete. I really like it, but first I want to let them polish it a little more.

Also I'm still on my first run, continuing on my warrior. I didn't upgrade my PC yet, and I want to save RLO for my second run later this year. Thanks for answers though. :)

Level 35
Okay, so I've tested that mod. I don't like it because the night has a purple haze, and the indoors have a green haze. It's anything but realistic. During the day it's all good, but otherwise, not realistic at all.

It does decrease performance. I haven't tried their booster mod, mostly because I don't have CPU to spare.

So currently I am back on using Climates of Tamriel.

Thanks for your answers guys.

Nice, thanks for testing it :smile: Also I believe the booster mod states it helps even without the CPU to spare, though I also saw comments in regards to other types of booster mods might conflict with it.

Level 14
Huh. Well, I feel that it's complete enough. :V
I don't think they'll be updating it, to be honest.

They stated they want to. It's not just about being completed, I want my second run to be completely different, and it get's harder, hoarding mods or the best mods from the first run. :)

I believe I already recommended those I use :smile: One of them fixed a problem of yours But if I find others I'll make sure to tell you.

Checked your post, couldn't find any boosters. Found different optimizers but no boosters.

Level 35
Checked your post, couldn't find any boosters. Found different optimizers but no boosters.

Was those I was referring to, since I consider them boosters as they boost the game performance, whether by optimizing the game or optimizing graphic-card reaction came to one for me :smile: However I did have one real booster that really was a kick, but it never got updated for the new stuff. I'll tell if I find a good booster, other than the ones your already aware of.

Level 14
So, I have finally given a try to HIALGOBOOST mod - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15123#content

Comments:
It's pretty good actually, especially when fighting, although it might be slow at start of the game. What bothers tho, is that in the top-right corner there is a franchise icon which pops up when you use this booster, breaks immersion really. Otherwise it's a good booster.

Edit: So, because my current PC can't handle Skyrim with all the glory of the mods I want to have, and because I am hooked on playing The Elder Scrolls, I actually installed Morrowind + Expansions and found nice mods which work with it. Might sound weird, but I am pleased the music is similar.

Last edited:
Level 35
Edit: So, because my current PC can't handle Skyrim with all the glory of the mods I want to have, and because I am hooked on playing The Elder Scrolls, I actually installed Morrowind + Expansions and found nice mods which work with it. Might sound weird, but I am pleased the music is similar.

Franchise icon sounds horrible :eekani: What a shame.

Also yea - to my knowledge you can at the very least get morrowind to look pretty damn awesome.

Level 14
Mods OP.

Probably they will work on a new Fallout.

Anyway, mods will continue to enrich Skyrim over and over again. Afaik there are several projects which involve creation of new areas and quests.

Level 11
i think now they can finally start working on another installment to the elder scrolls series

i think they should set one in 'elsewhere', maybe, although i don't know if the LORE COUDL HANDLE TAHT Y'KNOW??

Nahh, I think that as well...

I would like if they put the next ES in Hammerfell, with deserts and sh** after snow and sh**...

But there is a new Teaser about their new game, idk what it is but I think its a new Wolfenstein game... I really loved the first game, hope they make it as good. (If it is Wolfenstein)

Level 14
I didn't buy any of the DLC. So... *shrug*

Dawnguard and Hearthfire aren't much.

I mean, why get Hearthfire, when you can have THIS.

I haven't tried Dragonborn though. However I checked the wiki, and most of the items they add are kind of ugly for my tastes. I guess it's nice for more questing.

Level 35
I haven't tried Dragonborn though. However I checked the wiki, and most of the items they add are kind of ugly for my tastes. I guess it's nice for more questing.

Well I have it installed, though I haven't tried anything related to it - But my friend praised it quite a lot.

Also for the house mod I installed before heartfire was even made - actually I am considering if they stole the idea from it :grin:) - but its basically awesome.

Build you own home

Level 14
So, because I am hooked to Skyrim, as in I couldn't get into Morrowind and still wanted to play a TES game, I have created my second character (based on an old character of mine, she had a story here on THW, and believe it or not I didn't knew who Alleria was in wc2 when I created this character) in Skyrim...

Alleria Silverleaf, a Bosmer. She arrived in Skyrim as an outlaw and joined the Bandit Clan at Valtheim Tower. This clan operated on the road between Whiterun and Riften. They preyed on merchants and travellers.

However, with the Civil War starting, travelers are few, and those who travel are better guarded. Coin was getting scarce. Eventually there was less coin on the road than hands to take it. So Alleria decided to kill everyone, take all the valuables, and head west to Whiterun.

Altho what fortune awaits a Bosmer outlaw, in the Nord country of Skyrim remains to be seen... rumors are, The Thieves Guild is recruiting...

Using heap of mods, mostly for realistic immersion. Found out they actually don't kill my current PC, as they are just text and small content. Amongst them is Frostfall, Wet and Cold, Better Quests, Interesting NPCs (<- awesome level over 9000), Skyrim Unleashed, DUEL, Live Another Life, Immersive Patrols, iHud. Still using Climates of Tamriel as my lighting mod for now.

My only rules are that I never fast travel, and I don't use quest markers, unless there is no hint in the quest description about the general area of where should I go. I still use carriages tho, but only between major cities. Sadly Scenic Carriages doesn't work for me.

Also I play in First Person now for like 90% of the game. Skyrim now feels much more enjoyable and interesting.

Last edited:
Level 35
Using heap of mods, mostly for realistic immersion. Found out they actually don't kill my current PC, as they are just text and small content. Amongst them is Frostfall, Wet and Cold, Better Quests, Interesting NPCs (<- awesome level over 9000), Skyrim Unleashed, DUEL, Live Another Life, Immersive Patrols, iHud. Still using Climates of Tamriel as my lighting mod for now.

Also I play in First Person now for like 90% of the game. Skyrim now feels much more enjoyable and interesting.

Yea, I might check up on a few of those I don't use myself already :smile:

I have a great armor suggestion mod for you guys... here http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35094/

Yea, I've seen it - But it doesn't fit the image of my female char, hence I leave it for the day I need a wild berserker char :thumbs_up:

Level 11
But im confused as to what to get...

It is up to you really, If you feel like changing the game you will find mods easy. But some mods are really needed like SkyUI, Unofficial Skyrim patch etc.

Now If you want some armor mods you can look back in this thread, we mentioned allot of them... I would recommend Aesir Armor and Immersive armors... now since I am someone who likes immersion I would use SkyRe (but that changes the game significatelly) and FrostFall and Realistic needs etc.

Cant name all of them but there are allot of awesome mods on the nexus.

Level 15
Yea there are some must-have mods on nexus. I'd list a few that I install every time I feel like playing Skyrim:
-SkyUI
-Unofficial Skyrim patch
-Dragon bundle(WARNING: using all at the same time is only recommended for veterans):
*Deadly Dragons
Optional: Deadly Dragons Armory
*Dragons Diversified
*Dragon Combar Overhaul

-A Quality World Map
-Total Overhauls (only one - I miss things from the vanilla game and these mods virtually fill the void and fix many balance problems.):
*T3nd0s Skyrim Redone
OR
*ACE
OR
*Requiem

-Alternate Start
-Better Females

Plus there are many that I add based on how I feel like :)

Level 15
Meh I usually only use one or max two of those dragon mods, only both 3 when I'M playing something awfully powerful, like redguard conjurer with SkyRe - that can literally kill 20 vanila dragons all alone (infinite summon count for 2 minutes once a day, with 10s or longer cast time... But against a dragon I have time for that + infinite mana for same time once a day, both draining your life slowly, but pots handle that well enough).

One dragon enhancement mod is necessary if you ask me, since the base ones are pretty easy with any class. With an assassin, you just 1-hit them (overhauls stop this crazy sneak behaviour btw), with an archer they are just a few shots and with a mage it's even easier than with ranger. I guess it's the hardest for warrior type characters, but once you get it down it's food.

In contrast, the most fun I've ever had with a dragon was when I found a Deadly Dragons dracolich that killed every NPC around and resurrected them as his minions :3 Took me a lot of time to clean the field, and had to load a few times because I got myself cornered. Also used WARZONES mod at that time, and the dragon found himself a nice little war zone with like 40 NPCs to kill and turn into undead. I didn't understand at first why did the empire and the rebel soldiers not attack each other, then, after killing a few, and seeing how they ignored the dragon, did I only realise that the dragon's breath itself was what turned them, after killing them. And it's kinda hard with an assassin on an open field with sunlight, swarming zombies and a circling dragon overhead :D

Since vanila Skyrim has not enough content and is too simple for me I always use an overhaul, since they really mix things up and add many features.

And yea, the how I feel like mods are like the one where you can build your own city (dunno the name right now), or magic mods (not Midas, I don't like that one). I also usually DL SkyMoMod (Skyrim Monster Mod) as an optional mod - it adds great variety to what you can fight against, and they are pretty unique.

Level 35
And yea, the how I feel like mods are like the one where you can build your own city (dunno the name right now), or magic mods (not Midas, I don't like that one). I also usually DL SkyMoMod (Skyrim Monster Mod) as an optional mod - it adds great variety to what you can fight against, and they are pretty unique.

Perhaps I should check out the monster mod, and do tell if your discover the name of the city builder one, perhaps its one I haven't checked out (I really want them, but tend to avoid them due to the problems I often find that they cause).

Level 31
Yea there are some must-have mods on nexus. I'd list a few that I install every time I feel like playing Skyrim:
-SkyUI
-Unofficial Skyrim patch
-Dragon bundle(WARNING: using all at the same time is only recommended for veterans):
*Deadly Dragons
Optional: Deadly Dragons Armory
*Dragons Diversified
*Dragon Combar Overhaul

-A Quality World Map
-Total Overhauls (only one - I miss things from the vanilla game and these mods virtually fill the void and fix many balance problems.):
*T3nd0s Skyrim Redone
OR
*ACE
OR
*Requiem

-Alternate Start
-Better Females

Plus there are many that I add based on how I feel like :)

better females wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.