• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skyrim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim, the sequel to Oblivion (which you should be ashamed of yourself if you don't know about), is being released on the 11th of November. Not much information has been released yet, but the plot will be focused on dragons.

Also, cooking, farming and smithing. Yay for cooler skills.

Personally, I'm ecstatic - moreso than I was before FFXIII's release. What do you lot think?

This is a link to Wikipedia containing information about the game that you might like reading because this post does not contain a lot of information.

Level 13
Oblivion was great, a fun, long game. Can't play it anymore 'cause I spilled stuff on the disc. Hopefully, Skyrim will live up to its expectations.

I wonder how cooking will work... finally a use for Rat Meat?

Hey man, rat meat was useful for, uh, dropping on the floor and reducing the enemy's fatigue by one. Given, of course, that they were stupid enough to eat it.

Alternatively, it could be used to cure diseases and such with high-level alchemy!

I'm more intrigued with the farming stuff.

Level 6
I loved Oblivion, I just hope they make it so being skilled with a bow or magic can actually compare to being skilled with melee weapons, especially shields, my character in Oblivion had was completely spec'd towards defense, nothing could touch me. I found magic useful but only as a secondary. Guess it depends on your play style though, being specilized in stealth was pretty fun too.

Level 13
I found stealth/bows most useful, although I sneak attacked with daggers. Just shooting a bow while retreating - nothing can touch you :p

Level 6
Well the only problem I had with retreating while shooting is sometimes you'd run into other creatures. But I guess if specialized completely in stealth attacks and bow skill you could probably kill things in 1-2 hits. Either way, once I got good with the shield it was really quite fun, loved the chance on block to knock people over or away :) Plus I had this shield, can't remember what it was called, but it also had a chance to deflect spells if I blocked them, it was quite fun :)

Level 13
My breton magething kinda fell off lategame. Cast 2 spells, run out of mana. If I don't have mana potions, I'm utterly screwed.

Those 2 spells usually kill any enemy, but still, two enemies and... you know

Level 6
I actually decided to play Oblivion after this thread lol, so I remember my character now, I'm actually a Breton but master in both sword and shield, which isn't too bad because also quite decent in restoration and summoning spells so the Breton mana attributes come in to play there, 100 strength and 100 endurance base. Sigil's enchanting daedra armor with mainly 20% shield each, also have 45% damage reflect in total (meaning enemies pretty much kill themselves just from hitting me). and 40% spell reflect, the shield I was thinking of is called Spell Breaker from one of the shrine quests, also have the sword Umbra which I kept rather than gave to the shrine :p Destroyed a couple more Oblivion gates and gained more of those sigil's and a load of cash from all the stuff you can pick up in there. I take almost NO damage when blocking lol :D. And have to love seeing enemies lose their weapons just by hitting my shield, I couldn't remember where to find where it explains what chance on block etc abilities are, but I have a chance to shield bash and knock them over, chance to knock them back and a chance to disarm on block. It was fun, going to play more later :D. Also level 34... whats the max level in that game?

Level 3
The max level is 53 if your do everything exactly right, but will ususally be lower depending on how you build your character. It is possible to reach all the way to level 255 if you use exploits or cheat codes, but the game is hard-coded to not let you go beyond 255.

Level 13
You don't need to use exploits or cheat codes either. I hardly consider jail an exploit.

1. Kill a guard.
2. Go to jail.
3. Train your skills back.
4. ???
5. Profit!

Level 13
I actually hated Oblivion. Sorry to the fans, but there wasn't enough action (yeah, I know it's an RPG) and it was just really dull and long (though the graphics and music were awesome).

Hope Skyrim will be more fast-paced.

lol_wut_russian_pear.jpg

Maybe you should play games more geared towards your taste? Oblivion isn't really that much about the action.

Level 2
cant wait I wish Ps3 would get some way to make all the mods cause I always thought it was fun seeings others mods and what they thought of to go with this

Level 34
cant wait I wish Ps3 would get some way to make all the mods cause I always thought it was fun seeings others mods and what they thought of to go with this
PC ftw.

I never actually played any Elder Scroll games, so I'm excited to try them out with this one.

Level 10
I only played Oblivion in the series. Oblivion is fantastic, however, and I recommend you get it if you like Skyrim; it's not really outdated yet.

All of the games are undoubtedly great, I've played all of them, even Daggerfall, where you could actually play as a naked character, however, Oblivion is the best one by me, even though the Hammerfell story was a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.