• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TES V: Skyrim - Dawnguard is closing in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Skyrim-Dawnguard-logo.jpg

The Hive Workshop Skyrim Updates

by Verkas​

icons_6261_btn.jpg
Welcome Note

Welcome to the first official Skyrim Updates for the Hive Workshop! The goal of this is to give monthly updates for Bethesda's largely sucessful game - TES V: Skyrim. I shall do my best to get informed thru Bethesda's Blog and receive the newest news for the game, to be brought to you. Yes, I know this is heavily based from Kael's monthly news update, but blame him for creating such as awesome design.​

icons_14270_btn.jpg
Introduction

Yes, I do know most avid or Skyrim players would know of theses news, but I target this to the less informed people. Patch 1.6 introduced stunning new features such as Mounted Battles, numerous fixed bugs, Add-On Section to the 360, and much more. Now, Dawnguard is closing in for the 26th of June, leaving just a week and a few more days to go. Get psyched!​

icons_11109_btn.jpg
Dawnguard Release

Dawnguard is closing with a week and less more. Dawnguard promises to add more content, as the first official DLC (Downloadable Content) for the said game. Dawnguard releases for the XBOX 360 at the 26th of June and the PC and PS3 versions are told to come 30 days (a month) after its release. It also adds crossbows (Woohoo for bowed based thieves) and Dragonbone weapons (More woohoo for Mr. Dovahkiin). Dawnguard also introduces three new places, all which are related to the antagonists feeble little plot.

The story revolves on an organization of the same name, Dawnguard. Dawnguards are vampire hunters, so they are like the vampyric counterpart of The Silver Hand. The Dawnguards seek to stop the return of the vampire lord, Harkon, who intends to use an Elder Scroll to rid of the sun. Dawnguard allows the player to either side with the Dawnguards to stop Harkon, or assist him in his plan to eradicate the sun. Harkon intends to use an Elder Scroll to make his task succeed (Players might dive into dwemer ruins again).

Dawnguard shows three new places, Castle Volkihar, a castle far northwest of Haafingar/Soltitude Hold. Volkihar is home to a clan of vampires of the same name. If the Volkihar would have a home, the Dawnguards should have one too. Theirs is Fort Dawnguard, where they are based. The current location has not been revealed. It also shows a Plane of Oblivion, the Soul Cairn. The Soul Cairn is jam packed with undead and nothing again.
180px-SR-DLC-Dawnguard.jpg

Dawnguard's Official Logo

While just announcing two new quests when entering the Soul Cairn, Dawnguard seems to be a rather awesome DLC for Skyrim, which enhances the storyline of vampires. Vampires weren't shed much sunlight at Skyrim (Ba dum tss), where Werewolves got it.

Dawnguard would cost 1600 MS Points for the XBOX, but no price is announced for the PC and PS3 Versions. Dawnguard is something anybody who owns a copy of Skyrim should be looking forward to.

Hungry for more? Watch this:

icons_4144_btn.jpg
Endnote

Thanks for tuning in on this friendly update about Dawnguard and be sure to wait for the next months update! If I get a larger enough population who supports by replies here, I might consider doing more and often news with items such as mods, patches or even quizzes for lore fans and gaming guru's of Skyrim! Hope you guys enjoyed it! Just a wuickie on my character: Nord, Level 42, Haven't got the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller (Lol). Also, I want you guys to tell me about your characters! So far, not much news yet, but I will be tracking Bethesda's blog daily.​

Level 9
mounted combat.

unless it adds SIGNIFICANT damage or if the DLC requires it to be used 3/4 of the time, as a game element it will make no sense. real life mounted combat is hard enough!

it's quite hard to hit something while on a horse. you keep attacking something and your corridor for hitting is only 3/10.

would've make more sense to just dismount and dispense.

Status
Not open for further replies.