1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

TES V: Skyrim - Dawnguard is closing in!

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by Verkas, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Verkas

Verkas

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

The Hive Workshop Skyrim Updates

by Verkas​

[​IMG] Welcome Note

Welcome to the first official Skyrim Updates for the Hive Workshop! The goal of this is to give monthly updates for Bethesda's largely sucessful game - TES V: Skyrim. I shall do my best to get informed thru Bethesda's Blog and receive the newest news for the game, to be brought to you. Yes, I know this is heavily based from Kael's monthly news update, but blame him for creating such as awesome design.​

[​IMG] Introduction

Yes, I do know most avid or Skyrim players would know of theses news, but I target this to the less informed people. Patch 1.6 introduced stunning new features such as Mounted Battles, numerous fixed bugs, Add-On Section to the 360, and much more. Now, Dawnguard is closing in for the 26th of June, leaving just a week and a few more days to go. Get psyched!​

[​IMG] Dawnguard Release

Dawnguard is closing with a week and less more. Dawnguard promises to add more content, as the first official DLC (Downloadable Content) for the said game. Dawnguard releases for the XBOX 360 at the 26th of June and the PC and PS3 versions are told to come 30 days (a month) after its release. It also adds crossbows (Woohoo for bowed based thieves) and Dragonbone weapons (More woohoo for Mr. Dovahkiin). Dawnguard also introduces three new places, all which are related to the antagonists feeble little plot.

The story revolves on an organization of the same name, Dawnguard. Dawnguards are vampire hunters, so they are like the vampyric counterpart of The Silver Hand. The Dawnguards seek to stop the return of the vampire lord, Harkon, who intends to use an Elder Scroll to rid of the sun. Dawnguard allows the player to either side with the Dawnguards to stop Harkon, or assist him in his plan to eradicate the sun. Harkon intends to use an Elder Scroll to make his task succeed (Players might dive into dwemer ruins again).

Dawnguard shows three new places, Castle Volkihar, a castle far northwest of Haafingar/Soltitude Hold. Volkihar is home to a clan of vampires of the same name. If the Volkihar would have a home, the Dawnguards should have one too. Theirs is Fort Dawnguard, where they are based. The current location has not been revealed. It also shows a Plane of Oblivion, the Soul Cairn. The Soul Cairn is jam packed with undead and nothing again. [​IMG]

Dawnguard's Official Logo

While just announcing two new quests when entering the Soul Cairn, Dawnguard seems to be a rather awesome DLC for Skyrim, which enhances the storyline of vampires. Vampires weren't shed much sunlight at Skyrim (Ba dum tss), where Werewolves got it.

Dawnguard would cost 1600 MS Points for the XBOX, but no price is announced for the PC and PS3 Versions. Dawnguard is something anybody who owns a copy of Skyrim should be looking forward to.

Hungry for more? Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZqXKZOS2jQ ​

[​IMG] Endnote

Thanks for tuning in on this friendly update about Dawnguard and be sure to wait for the next months update! If I get a larger enough population who supports by replies here, I might consider doing more and often news with items such as mods, patches or even quizzes for lore fans and gaming guru's of Skyrim! Hope you guys enjoyed it! Just a wuickie on my character: Nord, Level 42, Haven't got the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller (Lol). Also, I want you guys to tell me about your characters! So far, not much news yet, but I will be tracking Bethesda's blog daily.​

2. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looking forward to play as a vampire. :)

3. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hyped for this :{D
    Cant seem to decide which side to join, but the Volkihar Vampires looks utter badass especially the boss.

4. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So is this some kind of expansion or DLC?

5. Verkas

Verkas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Vampires ftw!

Its a DLC, as stated on the main post.

6. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah, I hope the main story line will be at least better than in the actual game. It was shit. :<

7. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    ^ Agreed. Highly predictable. I missed those old fashioned twists...

8. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    God damn, this looks better than the original content, looking forward on this one.

9. Verkas

Verkas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its out since yesterday!
    PS3 and PC versions come out ETA 29 days!

10. Verkas

Verkas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Imma dump this thread by saying:
    If anyone of you do not have an XBOX or are pretty anxious for this, then check this youtube channel out:
    http://www.youtube.com/show?p=fKPSObH61h0

He has walkthroughs and gameplay videos about the DLC.

Heres a sample:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X3TR0vDuI4&list=ELZyUX0x9Bgsg&index=1&feature=plpp_video

11. Crayons

Crayons

Resources:
    Resources:
    mounted combat.

unless it adds SIGNIFICANT damage or if the DLC requires it to be used 3/4 of the time, as a game element it will make no sense. real life mounted combat is hard enough!

it's quite hard to hit something while on a horse. you keep attacking something and your corridor for hitting is only 3/10.

would've make more sense to just dismount and dispense.

12. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And get killed in the process.

13. Crayons

Crayons

Resources:
    Resources:
    dude we play the dovahkiin.

and by the time we get dawnguard, we'd already be at double enchanted legendary armor and weapons.

14. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, is it good?

15. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Try it out if you wanna find out ( shameless xbox promotion ).
    I also find mounted combat useless asides from the added speed. Bethesda...

16. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I haven't played the game since the release week and back then the game was just average. I'm hoping with mods and this it becomes great.

17. Verkas

Verkas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Guys, PC version is out since the 2nd of August!