• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Good instant game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
My father will bought me a new laptop. I forgot the full spec, it has 8GB ram, and nvidia gt 820m 2gb , I guess. I only know it's way better than my current laptop which has first gen i5 with Intel HD.

So I started to make list which game I will dow.... err.. buy.
And I looking game that kids instant since I don't much time to play some games like Skyrim, or GTA, or other game that took much time. I love all kind of games.
And most strategy games need long time to play, so I won't but it.

Anyone has recommendation?
Also which one I should get first?
My current list is:

#well, I guess I can have one game that's not instant, which one is the best from 4 below?
Godfather
La noire
Saboteurs
Mafia 2

#and most racing game are instant
Dirt Rally
Track mania 2
Driver San Fransisco
NFS Most Wanted
Shift 2

#State of Decay is pretty instant since I can shoot zombies in front the base. Also afaik the missions are pretty short.
State of decay
LOTR Conquest

Injustice
Spiderman Shattered Dimension
Final fantasy type 0
Unreal tournament 3

Devil May Cry 4 SE
DmC Devil May Cry
#and some other game that like DMC, I really need this kind of game
Deadpool
Metal gear rising
Castlevania lord of shadow
Lord of the fallen

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Warcraft III, the only game you will ever need!

Joking aside, you could always get your favorite classics or other old games you never got to try. For example various single player Final Fantasy games in the range of 7 to 13 occasionally go on sale on steam. They might be slow paced but their usually liberal save and load system means they can be quick to continue and stop when you please.

If you mean instant as in first person or action based then you could try out some of the modern FPS games like Doom or Overwatch. Although they will likely perform quite badly given how weak the GPU card is they should still be playable on lowest settings unless the developers really were terrible. You may want to check for compatibility before hand though in case I am wrong.

Level 16
I believe he's looking for games he can easily start playing, put down, and start playing again.

Going with this assumption, I recommend binding of isaac, risk of rain, pretty much most indie games, fighting games(mortal kombat, mugen, etc), racing games, MOBAs if you're into that, and a bunch more stuff.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Arcade games (or games with an arcade feel).

By design, they are attractive, entertaining and catchy. A casual player can understand their rules in no time. They are generally medium/fast paced (slow games may have a timer). They are also designed so you lose fairly fast. Game world is not persistent from game to game (no save/load concept).

Some games are finite, some are infinite. A finite arcade game can generally be completed in 30 minutes. You can replay an arcade game over and over again, to improve your skills until you master it. That is, finish the whole game without losing a single life.

And as an added bonus, a High Score will give you the satisfaction to write your very own initials in the Hall of Fame. :grin:

Only drawback is, you will not find many true adventure games here.

You may also wish to try vintage handheld LCD games simulations
http://www.pica-pic.com

I personally suggest Donkey Kong Jr., and Search Light
http://www.pica-pic.com/#/donkey_kong_jr/
http://www.pica-pic.com/#/search_light/

Status
Not open for further replies.