• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Entertaining games for "decent" computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Yo guys.

So I'ma be needing some tips for good games that can be played a while, offline, without getting seriously boring.

I'm planning on playing on my laptop, which has the following specs:
CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 900 @ 2.20GHz
RAM: 2.0 GB
Video card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
(Video RAM: 256.0 MB)
running on Microsoft Windows XP Professional

I've been playing a lot of "racing" games until now, Need for speed Underground 2, Most wanted, and alike. But I've finished them all.
I were also playing Torchlight for a good while, but it eventually got dull too.

So what I'm mainly looking for, is either a nice racing game, (would prefer if it included some customization), or some good adventure/rpg game.

Small puzzle games such as Plants VS Zombies are also enjoyable.

:)

Level 34
By the looks of your computer specs, it doesn't look that.. new. So, let's give it a shot:

TES 3: Morrowind, great game.
TES 4: Oblivion, more casual and prettier than Morrowind, but it ain't Morrowind.
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2.
Deus Ex series.
Need For Speed series.
Fable: Lost Chapters.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic.
Fahrenheit.

Etc.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Icewind Dale, IWD Heart of Winter and IWD2. ;)

Level 2
By the looks of your computer specs, it doesn't look that.. new. So, let's give it a shot:

TES 3: Morrowind, great game.
TES 4: Oblivion, more casual and prettier than Morrowind, but it ain't Morrowind.
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2.
Deus Ex series.
Need For Speed series.
Fable: Lost Chapters.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic.
Fahrenheit.

Etc.
The computer is about 6 months old, but yeah, It wasn't the most expensive one on the market, I'll tell you that. :)

Thanks for the tips guys! Keep em coming.

Also, if anyone got any nice FPS games to promote, such as Battlefield 1942, I wouldn't mind :D

Level 2
BG2 > IWD(HoW) > IWD2.

BG2 was just unbelievably awesome.

Othergames -- nethack, Mount & Blade, Spring and the realization that all my new games are ridiculously processor intensive but nonetheless recommended (Bioshock, Empire Total War, SupCom (meh), Avatar:TEH GASP THE GAME)

You recommend avatar: the game? D:
I played it on my gaming laptop, and it was.. not fun >:

I'll check out the others too. Though I'm kinda sick of games like bg2 and diablo.

Maybe Dragon Age O or Pro Evolution soccer?
The only games I play. Your laptop is better than my PC (6yearsold) so you'll be able to run those games.

I've pretty much finished DaO already and I'm not a big fan of sport games :/
but thanks tho.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I've never been able to get a hold of Baldur's Gate.. not that I've been searching desperately, but I'd like to get it anyway. Oh, and yeah, sure it might be better, but IWD is godly as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.