• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III: Reforged PTR – Version 1.33.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Finally something happens! The generic damage event was already available in JASS right? But not in GUI triggers?

The queue natives and the ability native look great. Maybe I can get all abilities from units now without registering them in an array by using BlzGetUnitAbilityByIndex. They should add something like BlzGetHeroAbilityIdByIndex and BlzGetHeroAbilityCount to allow easier auto skilling for heroes when they level up and you did not run any AI script. I have to register all hero abilities for unit types in my map to allow this.
Please allow replacing hero abilities with natives and no Engineering workaround and increase the limit to 12 or something!

I don't really care about the ladder and profiles. I guess wc3champions already fixed that but maybe native support from the game is better. Add a custom campaign menu NOW!

Please lord may the current team continue updating this game not only every 2,5 years.

edit:
And please add readable stacktraces on game crashes so we get the chance to fix the map to prevent crashes.
You could allow this with some "-debug" option only if it would slow down the game to keep stack traces (not sure why).
Of course it would be better to fix all crashing bugs but I had several cases with AI scripts which crashed the game and I am still not sure why.

Last edited:
The ability to queue orders from the script is definitely enticing, especially for alternate order-queue based abilities. Imagine being able to auto-cast windwalk, berserk, roar, and other immediate-based orders without having to worry about regenerating the queue order.

Perhaps someone can write a snippet that allows one to remember a unit's orders when the unit's ownership is changed, hm?

Level 9
I also heard that MathRound and GetPlayerHandicapDamageBJ were also added to GUI, but I did not check. Can someone confirm?
Downloaded PTR and checked. Yes, these both functions were added to GUI!

1655644943709.png

these issues
I guess one problem though is the muddled reality where sometimes people are reporting issues introduced by Patch 1.32, and other times people are reporting issues introduced by the 1.33 PTR now.

Here's a post I made about that the requirements bug and other issues:

But does it matter? Will these be fixed? Will only issues introduced on 1.33 be prioritized? Should they? How does it work?

Level 9
Have you made a post about these issues on their forums?
I saw at least 2 of them.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Have you made a post about these issues on their forums?
Sadly I cannot post on the official forums for some reason that I do not know.
I've tried different browsers, I have never posted anything on them (since I can't), I don't have any suspensions or bans according to my account information, and according to the account page I also own the game, I have battle tags set and such. Just cannot post (there is no button to post anything anywhere, I can only read.

But regarding requirements I meant what @Prometheus3375 said above. Regarding upgrades (upgrading unit to another), some of them are broken or the functionality is flawed: ability bonus from researches do not follow through upgrades, but the future researches are still applied later, maximum mana researches are also lost on upgrades, even though later-researched researches applies to the upgraded unit... it's just all... messed up. But luckily most of the research types does follow through, just some of them are not following the same logic.

Level 11
Sadly I cannot post on the official forums for some reason that I do not know.
I've tried different browsers, I have never posted anything on them (since I can't), I don't have any suspensions or bans according to my account information, and according to the account page I also own the game, I have battle tags set and such. Just cannot post (there is no button to post anything anywhere, I can only read.

But regarding requirements I meant what @Prometheus3375 said above. Regarding upgrades (upgrading unit to another), some of them are broken or the functionality is flawed: ability bonus from researches do not follow through upgrades, but the future researches are still applied later, maximum mana researches are also lost on upgrades, even though later-researched researches applies to the upgraded unit... it's just all... messed up. But luckily most of the research types does follow through, just some of them are not following the same logic.
You were banned from posting there

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
You were banned from posting there
That sounds very curious, considering I have never posted or replied (or reacted) on anything on the forums.

EDIT: Turns out I had parental controls enabled - the forums just dont mention that anywhere.

Last edited:
I expect that only priority one issues will be resolved. This will refer to missing major features, crashes, or any issues that prevent a player from playing the game. Issues new in 1.33 will have priority over 1.32 or older. This may change after next summer however any policy updates wouldn’t be visible to us until late 2023 at the earliest.

That does not mean you should not report issues you feel are important as Blizzard would be totally unaware otherwise.

Right now we should focus on surfacing the issues affecting a large percentage of custom maps.

ability bonus from researches do not follow through upgrades, but the future researches are still applied later, maximum mana researches are also lost on upgrades, even though later-researched researches applies to the upgraded unit... it's just all... messed up. But luckily most of the research types does follow through, just some of them are not following the same logic.
Are these bugs introduced on Reforged that break pre existing maps, or issues with the game itself that have always been an issue?

The techtree issue I was reporting is something that previously worked, but was broken in a 2020 patch so we have 18 years of precent and 18 years of maps that are designed with the expectation that it would work, but now it doesn't. I may not have personally tested all these cases you were describing but they sound like things that might have never worked on Warcraft 3. I think if we muddy the waters of the bugfixes we want with things that never did work and have never been done before, it could reduce the likelihood of anything being fixed.

With that said, I didn't test the specific cases you mentioned yet. Maybe those broke in a 2020 patch as well and we should take what I'm saying with a grain of salt?

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Are these bugs introduced on Reforged that break pre existing maps, or issues with the game itself that have always been an issue?
That I don't for sure know since I don't have a previous version of Warcraft 3 - maybe they did work, maybe they didn't?
Previously it was practically impossible to use actual research smoothly in any custom map, since you could not manipulate them (decrease their level) as far as I know, so in my map the transition to actual researches took place after first "pre-reforged" patches allowed me to do so. But then, like you said, everything with requirements broke, so to be honest, I don't know anymore what worked before and what did not.
What I do know is that I noticed certain researches not working after some Reforged patch landed.

Level 9
Multiple requirements definitely work on 1.26 and some people say on 1.31, so the bug was introduced with 1.32 or later.

And yeah, this bug ruins old maps which use multiple requirements, such as Zombie Rush.

Last edited:
Level 2
This year just keeps on surprising me. First, Duke Nukem Forever 2001's build got leaked, now Reforged got a patch and I can't help but wonder just what's next. Half-Life 3?

Level 19
Network blocked, main menu without video background, memory consumption:

x641.32.10.18820 (Release)1.33.0.19185 PTR
Warcraft III.exe Working Set797 MB616 MB
Warcraft III.exe: WS Shared/Shareable (single copy)26/268 MB24/86 MB
BlizzardBrowser.exe (all instances, sum)1121 MB1330 MB
BlizzardBrowser.exe: WS Shared/Shareable (all)103/613 MB106/688 MB

1.32.10 launches 3 browser instances, 1.33.0 launches 5 instances.

1.32.10 Chromium version: BlizzardBrowser/4.2.1.103 Chrome/69.0.3497.81 -> 2018-09-04
1.33.0 Chromium version: BlizzardBrowser/5.2.3.579 Chrome/83.0.4103.106 -> 2020-05-19

Running game twice (map testing)1.32.10.18820 (Release)1.33.0.19185 PTR
Warcraft III.exe Shared/Shareable26 MB / 91 MB
26 MB / 268 MB
24 / 86 MB
24 / 263 MB
BlizzardBrowser.exe Shared/Shareable43 & 28 & 32 / 567 & 28 & 32 MB
43 & 28 & 32 / 555 & 28 & 32 MB
31 & 34 & 13 & 15 & 47 / 31 & 38 & 13 & 15 & 573 MB
should be identical

Prologue campaign, SD, high settings1.32.10.18820 (Release)1.33.0.19185 PTR
Warcraft III.exe Working Set903 MB1086 MB

Interpretation:​

The 1.33 release seems mostly releasing where the original team left off. They were given time after Reforged release to start working on the technical debt they had to accumulate while preparing the original release (updated Chromium to May 19th, 2020 probably some time in June-July, patch 1.32.6-1.32.7).
The game client takes up more memory once again. Something they have not fixed ever since introducing CASC in 1.30 (or whatever happened then).
There were no other underlying changes to affect shared memory (especially useful when testing maps in multi-instance, aka two game windows).

Bug:​

It's impossible to open Settings while in-game:
  • -graphicsapi Direct3D9 renderer: nothing happens, screen stays darkened as if menu was open.
    • Need to press Alt+F4 to open the regular menu and get back to game
  • -graphicsapi Direct3D11 renderer: Shows you the final frame of the end screen, unknown error comes (web UI), press OK. Now you can't get back to game.
    • Need to press Alt+F4 to open the regular menu and get back to game
  • -graphicsapi OpenGL renderer: same as "dx11"
  • no graphicsapi specified: same as "dx11"
The above shows, that the web renderer never erases the final frame of the loading screen from memory, thus taking up resources when not used at all.
System configuration: Windows 7 x64, RTG RX580, driver 21.3.2 (latest official)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
i really hope MS rips this chromium shit soon once forgotten empires takes the Ip off blizzard.
You are aware MS uses chromium in its own projects? Microsoft Edge literally is powered by Chromium...

-graphicsapi Direct3D9 renderer: nothing happens, screen stays darkened as if menu was open
This API should no longer be used. D3D9 is deprecated to the point that graphic companies like Intel no longer support it on up comming GPUs, instead relying on emulation using a modern API like D3D12.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.