1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The poll for our 11th Music Contest is up! Help us choose the most awesome cinematic tracks by casting a vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft Battleground 2.0a

Submitted by Fintrik
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
---------- Fintrik Presents ----------

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Created by Fintrik

Map Info:
Warcraft Battleground is 4v4 map that is based on cooperation, strategy and tactics.
There are 2 teams, each one has 1 Castle that can't be destroyed otherwise the team loses also each team has 2 towers which prevent units from getting to the Castle from beggining.
In short you have to build units that will be sent to the enemy Castle every your wave.
Waves are going in the same order from the player on left to the player on right.

Features:

You can also research to make your units stronger, make heroes, build towers and more!
You can pick from 6 races Human, Undead, Orc, Night Elf, Naga and Demon.
Map also has AI support that also gets stronger based on what difficulty you sellect on them.

• Easy Difficulty - No bonus
  • Normal Difficulty - AI gets some bonus gold
  • Hard Diffuculty - AI gets more bonus gold

When you reach certain Army Value milestones your income gets decreased, use it for your advantage against your opponents.

Some else stuff about map:

Warcraft Battleground was supposed to be "Desert Strike for Warcraft 3" with features from melee to make the gameplay even more skill requiring for example controlable heroes, hero items, tower building and more.

Screenshots:

Terrain Screenshots

[​IMG]
Image Description:
This is a Screenshot of the Terrain from World Editor

[​IMG]

Gameplay Screenshots

Comming Soon
Videos

Video Description:No videos available yet!

Change Log:

• I couldn't finish the update entirely because of one main feature which did not work, i will try to add the feature in the closest update.
    Added:
    • Upkeep, when you reach 4500 and 8000 army value you will get reduced income, this will prevent getting unit lag in late game by a lot also it will change meta drastically
    Removed:

Fixed:
    • When Player Leaves the game, waves will still work (Before when player left the game there was some chance that some waves were skipped)
    • Lag from clicking on units has been reduced to minimum
    • Minor Bug Fixes
    Changed:
    • Minor Terrain Changes
    • Minor Balance Changes
    • Reveal has been moved from builder to Workshop (Advanced Build Menu) because of upcomming new feature
    • Reveal Now costs 50 Gold (Before 100 Gold)

• Added:
    • Shared Researches, now you can share upgrades with teammates of the same race!
    • Camera/Zoom zoom from distance 25 to 1000
    • Camera Rotating, everytime you look at your build area your camera will rotate, you can toggle it off in your builder
    Removed:
    • Altar of Legends 2
    Fixed:
    • Minor bug fixes
    Changed:
    • Altar of Legends now contain heroes (Before it was in Altar of Legends 2)
    Balance Change Log
    • Ghould damage reduced from 15-19 to 14-16
    • Tauren base armor increased from 3 to 4
    • Death Knight's Death Pact can be used on friendly units now
    • Banshee health increased from 285 to 310
    • Obsidian Statue Spirit Touch ability has been removed
    • Murgul Reaver damage reduced from 18-21 to 17-19
    • Mountain Giant's Qar Club has been removed
    • All spellcasters now have master rank

• Added:

Removed:
    • Arcane Sanctum (Replaced with Advanced Build/Workshop)
    Fixed:
    • Fixed lag everytime when you click on unit
    • Minor bug fixes
    Changed:
    • Builder now can build several units at the same time much faster (before the builder stopped and finished the building)
    • Moved researches from Altar of Legends to Builder, also builder has new abilities
    • Gold Mine and Domination Income has been reduced
    • Minor Balance Changes
    • Other Changes

• Added:
    • Creep Camps, now you can farm some expirience at the camps, when creep camp is destroyed it spawns creeps to fight on your side
    • New Hero for the Naga
    • Line of Trees so you can see how the line that divides the map looks like (also you can not anymore blink there as warden)
    Removed:

Fixed:
    • Minor Bug Fixes
    Changed:
    • Minor Changes

• Added:
    • New Researches for Demon Race
    • New Tower for Demon Race
    Removed:

Fixed:
    • Major bug fixes
    Changed:
    • Dragon can Attack Guard Towers and Castle now
    • Other changes

• Added:
    • Demon race (Without researches, but they will come soon)
    • Moving Units - Now you can move your units if you click on Build Structure - Move Unit
    • Added tutorials and tips about the map in "Information"
    Removed:

Fixed:
    • Major bug fixes
    Changed:
    • Dragon reworked
    • Now you can control heroes - Double click on heroes when they are on Battleground but they can't attack Guard Towers and Castle when under your control
    • Major Balance changes
    • Other changes

Credits:

Special Thanks:

• Gameranger community for ideas and suggestions
  • ScorchedGaming clan for ideas and suggestions
  • Hiveworkshop community for ideas and suggestions

Also thanks to:

Models:

• Mike for Gold Mine model Mines
  • HappyTauren for Demon Tower model Demon Tower
  • assasin_lord for Hero Glow model HeroGlow

Skins:

Icons:

Tutorials/Systems:

Loading Screen/Map Preview Image:

Other:

Author's notes:

If you are owner of any used resources and you don't want it to be published here contact me via hiveworkshop and i will try to remove it as soon as possible.
[*]Also i will be publishing unprotected versions of this map so you can use some of the triggers there or help with finding and fixing bugs or suggestings about improving the triggers or even making your own versions of the map!

Previews
Contents

Warcraft Battleground 2.0a (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Seems you've used some resources which are not credited: Resources in Use by Warcraft Battleground 1.0a | HIVE Also, if the map is not finished, please use Map Development until then. Awaiting Update. If you want more reviews, you should...
deepstrasz
Towers look as if under construction but they were finished. The downside of this is that's only one lane. I think heroes can be called whenever. That's problematic during combat. I suggest them being able to buy items from the battlefield instead....
  1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Seems you've used some resources which are not credited: Resources in Use by Warcraft Battleground 1.0a | HIVE
    Also, if the map is not finished, please use Map Development until then.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

2. Fintrik

Fintrik

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Updated: Now it has credits and also description has been improved.

Also this map is "finished" but i am planning to add more content to make it better hope i did not forget anything.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    OK, so where's the list of credits in the description?

4. Fintrik

Fintrik

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Update:
    upload_2018-4-2_20-21-0.png

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. Towers look as if under construction but they were finished.
    2. The downside of this is that's only one lane.
    3. I think heroes can be called whenever. That's problematic during combat. I suggest them being able to buy items from the battlefield instead. Actually, I think they are called automatically anyway? Calling the hero also restores his HP to full or only on level up?
    4. Three heroes or at least two would be nice like in the melee game. Well, I guess in multiplayer it'd be too much though.
    5. So, I'm not sure what Repair is actually good at since you can't get out of the build zone. Also, why aren't buildings invulnerable?
    6. This is unfair man, Hippogryphs can attack ground. I think they might be cheaper than Knights but stronger due to their fast attack and high damage. Or do they just attack buildings because I see them going straight to the castle which is losing HP quite rapidly. It's true you can counter them with towers.
    7. Why did the Dragon Roost disappear?
    8. I don't think the Moon Well increases any food.
    9. Maybe more items for heroes?
    10. How to play naga because random made me human when I tried it.
    11. I suggest leaving pathing for buildings so you don't waste time incorrectly placing them. Talking about the air ones. The others seem to not have the issue.
    12. Play music using the other trigger so it won't come out through the sound channel.
    13. Sometimes when I call the hero after mere seconds it is teleported back...
    14. Can you not deactivate sudden death and match ending? Maybe you'd like a really long game?
    Please replace the TD/Maul tag with Strategy/Risk.

Awaiting Update.

EDIT:
    Changes made, Approved.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  6. Fintrik

Fintrik

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Update:
    • Towers now dont have building animation when they are built
    • Calling back heroes no longer recovers their health and also if they die they will revive after some time based on their level, more heroes limit will be added in later updates unfortunatly
    • Added Mechanical Goblins that are available after 450 seconds ->also they can be used offensively
    • Hippogryphs has been slightly nerfed their gold cost has been increased from 180 to 240, their damage has been decreased 50/57 to 45/52 and health has been decreased from 525 to 445, Hippogryph RiderĀ“s health has been also decreased from 735 to 635.
    • Dragon Roost is a special building that appears only for the team that is dominating also i added some things close to the dragon roost that are explaining how it works
    • The Well is a building that was supposed to be support building that heals allied units also mana regeneration has been increased from 1.25 to 3 per second and also description of all towers has been fixed.
    • More items
    • Buildings for flying units has pathing EXCEPT flying machine because i couldnt find pathing that would be enough small
    • Your heroes no longer go back to the battleground for at least 30 seconds
    • Sudden Death starts 1 minute later and The End of the match comes 3 minutes later
    • You can use -repick command to pick naga race also i added a message that appears 5 seconds after start
    • Other minor changes

Also nice idea of more than 2 lines i will definetly work on that soon!

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's not good because it will even more put the other team to a disadvantage. The "losing" side should have a way to come back not be sure of its defeat.
    Try them all until one fits or use the smallest or the best one you think works?
    Could be nice to have a mod without it.
    You could make one for water units :D
    Here are some maps for more inspiration:
    Black Law Hills 1.7.1
    Mush

8. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    The upgrade system sucks, what with having to wait for the building to change from one form to another along with blocking all upgrades when researching a new tier.
    Why are some gold mines red?
    Goblin mechanic automatically loses health without warning and doesn't have Repair autocast.
    Do casters have all their spells from the beginning?
    Some units have the same hotkey (Huntresses and Hippogryphs, among others).
    What's the point of the lumber resource? I can't see any units that require it.
    Flame strike should be an instant kill, I've seen one that failed because of healing ward spam.
    Towers are apparently limited to four per side, building more causes them to appear next to the sanctum and instantly die.
    With more than two players, each player's waves spawn at different times. Is that supposed to happen?
    When the game starts, the camera is in a different starting position.
    Buildings can be de/buffed.

Maybe have an option to have the hero under player control.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  9. Fintrik

Fintrik

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I will soon work on the new upgrade system
    Some gold mines are red because they will be unlocked later so players wont get the maxed income too early
    Mechanical Goblin no longer loses health in the new update (but he will get removed in sudden death so buildings wont get repaired) and also now he has autocast on repair.
    Yes spellcasters have all their spells at the beggining, also AI is deciding if they will use their spells or whatever else.
    Hotkeys has been fixed.
    Lumber resource / Army Value shows you the current cost of your army.
    Flame Strike now does more damage but still cant kill some units (thats wil be fixed in the closest update).
    I will fix tower death soon so you will get a refund too.
    Camera position has been fixed.
    Buildings have been buffed, now they do 2 times more damage.

Thanks for your suggestions!

10. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some ideas for possible modes:

Increase tower limit in mutiplayer so everyone can have their 4 towers (and have Moon Wells autocast).
    Set a limit on total number of units and/or units spawned per wave or player (I tried 2v2 and it crashed halfway through), in every game I've played the vast majority of spawns are stuck in the middle of the map, doing nothing while waiting for their turn to move.
    Have a warning when red gold mines become available for upgrade.

11. Felandchaos

Felandchaos

Resources:
    Resources:
    *Sips from Tea*
    Lovley Map - I liked the style of battle and the tower building.
    Map is well made and updated every now and then.

12. sunabokori

sunabokori

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good Map

13. troylowyee

troylowyee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    is this like castle fight?

14. Fintrik

Fintrik

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's based on a popular starcraft 2 map called Desert Strike. Which is similiar type of map like Castle Fight so people often think it's like Castle Fight. :D

15. troylowyee

troylowyee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    okay i just tried the map, its great i played it once so im not too sure. But i think there might be balance issues? Undead and Naga seems really strong, well orc kinda sucks. The Red Dragon hero is also wayyy too overpowered imo

16. Fintrik

Fintrik

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I took a small pause from this map and now i am back with new 1.4 update!
    I focused on changing systems and reducing lag to make the player lives easier.
    Also i changed Builder

Builder now can Cast Flame Strike and Reveal and also can sellect for you Extended Build, Altar of Legends and Black Smith.
    Arcane Sanctum was replaced with Workshop which is the same things but without Reveal and Flame Strike because it was moved to Builder.

Also i am preparing the map for 2.0 and possible "Competitive Update".