• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 4 rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I have always considered Warcraft IV to be like UFOs. No one can prove its existence/inexistence, but that it is probable that they are created by our minds to give us hope.
But given what I have read in this thread.

BTW: lol rhymed in the last sentence!!!1!

Level 2
Maybe they will start developing it after releasing SC2 and using the SC2 engine. Just like before.

oohh god i HOPE not..

Im sorry, but Starcraft 2's engine suits the starcraft series well, but if they are
going to make a Warcraft 4, they should use a more in depth engine, but stick
close to what Warcraft 3 was like, to keep originality. If they used Starcraft's
engine, people would stick to Starcraft 2's mapmaking, etc instead more than
likely, cause to be honest, me and many of my friends all enjoy starcraft a bit
more, but play WC3, due to its superior mapmaking, etc.

Level 2
I don't see why they wouldn't already be working on it. If I remember correctly, they were working on WoW before wc3 even came out. Blizzard doesn't have 10 employees, they've got multiple teams, and there's a lot of work to do before even announcing. Blizzard almost always seems to announce well into production.

Sorry for the double post, but i wanted to quote 2 people XD

and yeah this is true, i mean Starcraft ghost was the acception, they had the
graphics engine tackled down when announcing the release, but like blizzard
ALWAYS does, they pushed back and or canceled it for a later date... Kinda like
Starcraft 2 has had a few official release dates already, one being New years
eve day, as it would be the "Perfect christmas gift" and they even wanted to
release it in november, then it was what, march 2009? Now they dont even
know if its comming out this year... CMON STARCRAFT 2!!

Level 15
warcraft iv?

it is already in progress and according to blizzard game will be split in maybe 4 game with each race so you will have to buy the all 4 games to play with all races, there will be new heroes... i think they say new race but not sure!

what they will improve: as fare as i know i think they will make dynamic lightning improve troops animations (not playing whole the time same this might not be true) but we will see what they will make.

However 100% higher texture details, improved graphics new troops new heroes improved light and lightning + many more.

They are already working on wc IV however game is expected to be released in about 2-3 years.

Level 2
1. WoW is not dying. Wrath of the Lich King sold more units in 24 hours than any other PC game in history. There are nearly 12,000,000 players subscribed to this game. That's roughly $15 USD x 12,000,000 that they are making in a single month. I don't know if many are suddenly unsubscribing, but its hard to say its anywhere near in danger of dying.

2. WoW does indeed suck at telling storylines. Storylines are currently being handled through other media. There are officially canon novels that originally introduced current WoW characters like Tirion Fordring, Eitrigg, Rhonin and Vereesa Windrunner, or help establish and flesh out other lore. These take place from before Warcraft 1 all the way up to just prior to Wrath of the Lich King. The recently released "Night of the Dragon" reveals what the Black Dragonflight has been up to as of late, and will probably play into future storylines. The upcoming book "Arthas: Rise of the Lich King" very likely will shed light on later events for Wrath of the Lich King. A preview of the book alludes that some humanity of Arthas exists that Ner'zhul is trying to purge. The ongoing Comic Book "World of Warcraft" establishes the character of Varian Wrynn and others, and is definitely playing a huge part in the future of Warcraft. The comic "Ashbringer" tells the story of the sword and the lives of Alexandros, Renault, and Darion Mograine.. while introducing a couple of interesting characters. The manga "Sunwell" also helped establish the storyline behind Anveena Teague and the events of the Isle of Quel'danas. I know that, preferably, all this stuff should happen within the game itself, but at least they are keeping a story going.

3. WoW was under development at the same time as Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. Of what we know, Blizzard currently has teams working on Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, an MMORPG that is not WoW 2 or related to Starcraft, the next patches for Wrath of the Lich King, and they confirmed that they are already developing the next expansion for WoW. I want Warcraft 4 as much as anyone but it does sound like they are really stretching themselves thin at the moment :thumbs_down:

4. Wrath of the Lich King isn't over yet. It is planned as three major acts. The "Angrathar the Wrath Gate" cinematic and Battle for Undercity quests are considered the finale of Act 1. Act 2 will be built upon in future patches. The "phasing" system was a huge leap forward in allowing WoW to better tell a story, now hopefully it will be implemented a lot more regularly, and then maybe they will focus on re-doing a lot of old content and quests.

I do want me some Warcraft 4 very badly though. :cry: If you are really hungering for more story and everything, check out the comics and novels.

Level 11
How i know, first they will release SC2, then D3, then they'r going to develop next MMO, on which they are probbly working also. Some ppl saying it gonna be SC Online, but dunno. Anyway, heard that this gonna be epic.. blah. So wc4, maybe after that, in 2011 or 2010. This isnt 100% sure. But i think its the closest, at least about that MMO project after D3.

Level 39
warcraft iv?

it is already in progress and according to blizzard game will be split in maybe 4 game with each race so you will have to buy the all 4 games to play with all races, there will be new heroes... i think they say new race but not sure!

what they will improve: as fare as i know i think they will make dynamic lightning improve troops animations (not playing whole the time same this might not be true) but we will see what they will make.

However 100% higher texture details, improved graphics new troops new heroes improved light and lightning + many more.

They are already working on wc IV however game is expected to be released in about 2-3 years.

And you know this how?
Warcraft IV is gonna be difficult to make Lore-wise, because WoW has practically killed off all our favorite characters.

Level 13
i saw this text on warcraft.org

WarCraft IV In the Works? - Mr.Plow @ 1:57 AM CDT

According to several sources working from BlizzCon transcripts, during one of the development panels for Starcraft II one of the panelists made mention of Warcraft IV.

While discussing the unorthodox Starcraft II release plans, executive vice-president of game design for Blizzard, Rob Pardo let slip that the Warcraft IV campaigns would be released in the same episodic manner.

It's not much to go on, but this could be construed as a confirmation on Warcraft IV by Blizzard.
Source: SK Gaming

oh and anather site whit many wc IV articles
warcraft-4.net/

but i dont see movies that arn't fake

Level 7
WoW has not killed them off, as they keep comming back, every day.

Thats the problem, they may aswel be killing them off for all the sense it makes. How many times can someone dye and come back? They randomly make NPCs "mad" so that players can feasably battle them, the lore has become a joke even for WoW players. You know you can kill Keal TWICE now, once in outland and again in Quel'thalas.
Theres no way Blizzard would even try to continue the mess that is WoW lore, we won't see it set ages in the future either as bliz have a history of killing off the chars created in the previous episode to make way for new ones in the next instalment. They only have one choice: Ignore all of WoW lore.

And as for a release date I woulnt expect it until atleast 10 years, Blizzard are not fast at making games and they're not going to release a game that would compete against their other titles especialy SC2 as its very similar to WC. I realy wouldnt get your hopes up about WC4.

Level 39
Thats the problem, they may aswel be killing them off for all the sense it makes. How many times can someone dye and come back? They randomly make NPCs "mad" so that players can feasably battle them, the lore has become a joke even for WoW players. You know you can kill Keal TWICE now, once in outland and again in Quel'thalas.
Theres no way Blizzard would even try to continue the mess that is WoW lore, we won't see it set ages in the future either as bliz have a history of killing off the chars created in the previous episode to make way for new ones in the next instalment. They only have one choice: Ignore all of WoW lore.

And as for a release date I woulnt expect it until atleast 10 years, Blizzard are not fast at making games and they're not going to release a game that would compete against their other titles especialy SC2 as its very similar to WC. I realy wouldnt get your hopes up about WC4.

What he said.
But it's gonna come alright. I don't doubt that. But we're gonna have to wait a loong time to get it. As for Lore, either they do as Marshmalo here says, or they're screwed.

Level 22
But there will be War4 coz the new staff are capable of continuing even ending stories, like they did Diablo III without actually diablo? I just hope War4 is not out until the next 3-4 years so that we can play some starcraft 2 enough and not to have to move to a Newer RTS again...

Level 27
But there will be War4 coz the new staff are capable of continuing even ending stories, like they did Diablo III without actually diablo? I just hope War4 is not out until the next 3-4 years so that we can play some starcraft 2 enough and not to have to move to a Newer RTS again...

Well im not rly waiting for SC2 i'm more into Diablo 3. Warcraft 4 would be the best game ever! (if it lives up to the gameplay of war3 and beyond!)

Level 9
Why in the bloody freaking hell would this site die if warcraft 4 came out......I mean really. The site would adjust to the change as it is going to bring in starcraft 2 as a main mod section.

As for WC4, don't say it is impossible to continue the story. WC has an amazing story, far larger than just the games. Read the lore people. It's a lot like the Elder Scrolls series as there is an entire world around the games not just the games. There is more story to be explored and the story is always viable to expand.

Level 39
Warcraft HAD an amazing story, before WoW f*cked it up. And I have read the Lore. Lot's of it. It is incredible, but the problem is that they're killing off all the characters that should be alive and bringing back those who should be dead (Muradin & Mal'Ganis, WTF?) JUST so people can get a chance to talk to them and or kill them in WoW. And that's just f*cking lame.
Sure, it's possible to expand the story or come up with a new one, but that's just so f*cking unneccesary as Warcraft had an amazing story to continue after TFT if not for WoW, TBC and now WoTLK.
There is no way in hell that they can continue that story. Illidan is dead, as will Arthas be soon. Kil'Jaeden has been banished back to the Nether again. Magtheridon, Muradin, Mal'Ganis (I could go on forever) are all alive. It makes no f*cking sense. I mean what's next? Friggin Sargeras?

But there will be War4 coz the new staff are capable of continuing even ending stories, like they did Diablo III without actually diablo?

Diablo IS gonna be in Diablo 3. It's been confirmed by Blizzard.

Level 9
Ya. It is sad and I'm tired of hearing, WoW completely screwed Warcrafts story. It can't goz on, oh jeez! I mean get real. just stop talking about wow and talk about WC4. Talk about suggestions and what not just stop mentioning WoW. Other wise I think this thread be closed for "spam" (mainly no one wants to hear it) and that it will just end up starting people who are tired of it to bitch.

Level 39
Alright.
I would like the story of Warcraft IV to continue from after TFT. That way we can play all of our favorite characters. I want to see more to Thrall, Jaina, Arthas, Illidan, Malfurion, Tyrande etc.
I'd love to see a next-gen WC RTS. It would be so pwnage to play Warcraft with next-gen graphics. And cooler gameplay.
A bit like Red Alert. That game had such cool gameplay. So old and simple, yet so many possibilities. Gotta love it.
And Heroes are definately keepers. They were a cool improvement from WC2. Made the game much more interesting. But please drop the hero glow! Looks stupid and unrealistic.
Dissipate should be removed as well. Rather make it so they just get unconscious, and wake up after some time. Or perhaps needs to be healed first?
And a (hopefully many) looong epic lore filled campaign, with epic battles and awesome cinematics and cutscenes. (cutscenes from the campaigns in WC3 were definately for me the coolest improvement from the older games. It was because of them I got so much into the lore of WC. Back in the WC2 days, I couldn't understand english so I had no idea whatsoever what was going on when I played. For me it was just: destroy the enemy to win.)

And another thing. If they were to set it in another timeframe, why not backwards in time? War Of The Ancients? Rise Of The Horde? Somewere in between? The idea of future Warcraft sounds ridiculous to me.

Level 12
Thrall would collect some ancient orc artifacts before the fight and become stronger as Arthas. For example; helmet of doomhammer, armor of durotar or something like these..

but I think, Warcraft 4's most epic scenario could be like this:

Arthas' after being one with Lich King and saving him from Burning Legion; Sargeras decides to make a final assault on world of azeroth with his apprentice Killjaeden and all the burning legion beasts and alright with other unbelivable slave creatures from other corrupted worlds. Then Arthas, Jaina, Night Elves, Thrall and Sylvanas; both sides make an alliance to protect their world. After epic and amazing battle of world, war ends with Sargeras' death by a holy spell creation of all defender leaders. I can imagine even from now at the end of war Arthas saying:"well, we were allies at this fight. but this doesn't mean we will be allies tomorrow again." *teleports*

cool

Last edited:
Level 24
Thrall would collect some ancient orc artifacts before the fight and become stronger as Arthas. For example; helmet of doomhammer, armor of durotar or something like these..

but I think, Warcraft 4's most epic scenario could be like this:

Arthas' after being one with Lich King and saving him from Burning Legion; Sargeras decides to make a final assault on world of azeroth with his apprentice Killjaeden and all the burning legion beasts and alright with other unbelivable slave creatures from other corrupted worlds. Then Arthas, Jaina, Night Elves, Thrall and Sylvanas; both sides make an alliance to protect their world. After epic and amazing battle of world, war ends with Sargeras' death by a holy spell creation of all defender leaders. I can imagine even from now at the end of war Arthas saying:"well, we were allies at this fight. but this doesn't mean we will be allies tomorrow again." *teleports*

cool

A bit too cliché, don't you think?

Level 7
Luffy that sounds exactly like what just happened in WC3 reign of choas, with the other nations allying against the legion and using some hokly spell to ultimatly defeat them, I hope bliz will give us something abit different next time round. More character driven instead of artifact driven, too much of the story depends on things like "the helm of awsome power awsomess ect".

I rekon it would be interesting if Alleria comes back from her stunt in outland and to her horror sees what has become of her people, she imediatly takes comand of the remaining high elves and rallys them around her but true depth of Quel'thalas corruption becomes apparent to her when shes meets her banchee sister Sylvanas, I don't know how they'd react but from a WoW quest called "the highborne" it shows thats Sylvannas still loves her sister but they clearly wouldnt be able to agree so a civil war would break out between the high elves and blood elves.

I dunno whether id wanna see Arthas KILL jaina, I found her character anoying so if some one has to die I hope its her but maybe she could apeal to whats left of Arthas's humanity? They did love eachother once.

Level 3
It's cliche and pretty much impossible. We don't really know if Sargeras was even killed and it's been debated over whether or not he really died before WC 1. There are some theories it was just part of his spirit since it would be crazy if he was a god and was capable of dying versus a petty Guardian lol...

Since I'm behind the splitting himself part, I'm pretty sure since only a fraction of his power is within the Void. SINCE Kil'Jaeden is NOTHHHING like Archimonde. Archimonde was retarded, he decided to be brash and got owned by wisps which is tragically sad for him. Kil'Jaeden even possesses the nickname, The Deceiver. He and Sargeras prefer to keep there hands clean and conserve magic and energy by manipulating others. Sargeras tricked the Higbourne into granting him passage to Azeroth. When he failed, his next attack was supposedly 'stopped' by The Guardian. Then he possessed Medivh while he was in the womb and started the First War in Orcs and Humans.

Kil'Jaeden tricked Nerzhul and once Nerzhul realized his wrong doings when he was enlightened by the draenei, he was turned into the Lich King. Guldan was also seduced by the possibility of everlasting powers and went far enough that he doomed the Orcs in WC 2 by heading over to the Tomb of Sargeras, screwing Doomhammer and the rest of Orc Army.

IF there was a WC 4 there would definitely be a new foe because Kil'Jaeden likes to stay fresh and wouldn't use the orcs again after 3 failures especially with Mannoroth gone. From my view, there would be a lot of corruption and Arthas would probably play a role in this since Nerzhul fused with Arthas to prevent Kil'Jaeden from destroying him.

In my opinion, WC 3 and WoW have been great for WC's lore. WoW might have torn apart some other things like suggesting that Dreadlords live forever with the revival of Mal'Ganis. It also add more to the story like Tichrondius betraying Sylvanus. Since Balnazzar is also alive AND leading the Scarlet Crusade, it also brings up the question that was Balnazzar's killing staged or not enough to kill him?

If I'm right, the creation of WC 3 and WoW caused some of the older storyline to be made and redone, especially Sargeras who was quite unimportant until WC 2 - WC 3 timeline.

Since the dreadlords are masters of lying and guile, they were the ones who caused Sargeras to become evil after all... I assume that they will induce some sort of chaotic war upon the races of WC, perhaps light a few sparks in the Alliance or Horde. After all, the Horde doesn't really like the Blood Elves and the Alliance doesn't exactly trust the Draenei yet but who knows. They definitely won't use the orcs as the evil possessed people again and the Draenei seem legitimate since demonic magic has negative effects on them(Akama) and The Belves aren't really trusted at the moment there could be some problems... There are also 3-5 races that could be turned into new playable races and become the new heroes or enemies for WC 4.

Edit; Looks like you beat me to it lol. A civil war would be cool. Perhaps the Forsaken come to help? ;p. Another thing is that Jaina is basically the leader of the Humans/Lordaeron, whatever. Killing her would be expected and anti-climactic and I'm sure something devastating will happen and she'll probably encounter moments and decisions that will determine who lives and dies just like Arthas. Lets say, the undead AND the horde attacks. She would have to decide which force to take out first perhaps, the smaller undead forces or the giant horde? Maybe she could try to make Arthas defect though it's nearly impossible because Nerzhul has entered his body, I'm sure that he could pretend to defect and wreak even more chaos... Maybe, Nerzhul could even find a NEW body and become an orc of extreme power once more.

Level 39
What I'd like to know is... What does Ner'Zhul really want? It seems to me that he's just a maddened spirit, tormented by his experiences and guilt over what he did to his people. What are his motives for killing all these people? In RoC it was clear that he was working under orders from Kil'Jaeden. But now that he's free from his leash.
Why would he continue expanding the Scourge and raising his former people & all the other races from the dead?
That, for me, would be an interesting storyline to follow. Instead of just focusing on defeating The Lich King, "source of all evil in the world", try to focus more on his character. Who he is, and why he does the things he does.

I'd like to see more to Ner'Zhul. After following Arthas the entire game, we haven't heard anything about the other part of The Lich King. I would think that he is the superior part of the King.

Level 7
yeah arthas must have some realy cool powers now hes fused with ner'zul, i rekon nerzul wants revenge of kil'jeaden, hes was tortured horibly by him so it makes sense he'd be pretty peed off, he might want to bring back the orcs to demon magic aswel as Ner'zul was originaly an orc iic.

Agrias, maybe kiljeaden would use the blood elves as his new tool? if wows anything to go by then the blood elves would make good targets for coruption and he can expolit their adiction to magic, I've seen some "Fel Elves" in outland and they look pretty good.

I hope bliz take the GOOD stuff from wow and incorporate it into the story, like Illidan surviving icecrown and becoming lord of outland, they should keep that as it makes sense but ignore the unbelievable stuff like mal'ganis coming back ect.

Level 24
Illidan should just stay dead cause we don't want overrated ninja (that's what the fanboys think) in WC IV.

But I agree with the Kil'jaeden corrupting the blood elves cause they have no where to go now since Illidan is dead and it would actually make sense that they would get corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.