• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged Leaked Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I loved the black marking and blue skin of the original demon hunter tbh.
Yes, it's good for a melee Demon Hunter. Illidan has story reasons for green markings. The scene where he gets them was specifically described in WotA(have no idea which book, haven't read them) when he received Sargeras's "gift".

Level 8
Here are a couple of quick paladin hammers edits I made. I think they look more reasonable this way. Maybe I went too far with Margoth's hammer, but It's a one-hander, so I thought it made sense to make it quite small compared to the others.
Good edits. It does look reasonable. For Margoth since it's one handed plus he has a shield so he can't useoff-hand to controll hammer. And for arthas it;s good as well, with your edits it looks like he's now able to carry it with one hand and at the same time need both hands to strike. Good Job!

Also I've seen people arguing about frost mourne size so here's a picture for a reference (yet it could slightly bigger like it's in game now for a better from top visibility):
Warcraft_III_TFT_Scourge_Undead_Campaign.jpg

Level 13
Since TBC maybe but not since RoC or TfT. I mean not even in the TfT short intro film does Illidan have that.
I can live with that but the eyes, no way.

Find me the reference where the gift is not a WoW thing but it's in WotA which by the way came after TfT anyway.
Spectral sight read the Background. Also here's the cover of WotA: The Sundering(https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowp...pg/800px-WaroftheAncients-Three-Cover2018.jpg). The scene where he gets the eyes and tattoos is described in detail in either WotA: The Sundering or WotA: The Demon Soul. I'm sure there are audio books on youtube.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Spectral sight read the Background. Also here's the cover of WotA: The Sundering(https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowp...pg/800px-WaroftheAncients-Three-Cover2018.jpg). The scene where he gets the eyes and tattoos is described in detail in either WotA: The Sundering or WotA: The Demon Soul. I'm sure there are audio books on youtube.
Has to do with WotA: The Sundering. The book was first published in 2005 mind you, 2 years after TfT. Way to retcon BlizzEnt, good job.
Besides, it makes no sense to wear the blindfold if the eyes/"gift" are/is still visible. The point is to hide them so your enemies don't know.

Level 13
WOTA came years after TFT as a messy Retcon.
Yes, but it's the official story now, and the reason why Illidan looks like he does. As I said, I haven't read it, and personally don't like it(mostly cause of Broxigar/Rhonin/future Krasus feel 1000% out of place, and don't belong there in any way).

Level 13
I'm going to state my opinion on the dragons, the only creeps I don't like.
I know that they(understandably) don't have a role in WC3, and that I shouldn't care, but I do.
Why? Because they have such a big role in WoW, a major plot in pretty much every expansion, and a main plot in quite a few books.
Only thing I like is how cute a bronze whelp is. The large level 10 dragon, that can take on an army, uses animations of a Faerie Dragon, which is just lame.
I like that red Dragons look kinda friendly, but all the others too, that makes no story sense.
The black especially, they should all be evil. Even the whelp should look evil (Malurion says that in RoC campaign).
The Dragon Roosts also look quite bad.
A Red Dragon is sitting on a lava. Shouldn't she sit on grass, flowers, red trees and other friendly stuff?
The black is just sitting on some black stone, it should sit on a lava, in fact red roost would fit the black perfectly.
The other roosts are also strange in story sense.
It's good that a green is sitting on some vegetation, but it should look more dreamy.
The bronze on sand, which is fine I guess, but there should also be some time related stuff.
The blue on ice, but there should be some magic stuff too. In fact the blue dragonflight should look far more magical. Same things for pretty much all others.
They should all look more scary, with the exception of the red, especially the black. The Black Aspect, thought to be dead during WC3, being one of the big evils of the world.
I do like everything about the Nether Dragons though.

Last edited:
Level 9
I'm going to state my opinion on the dragons, the only creeps I don't like.
I know that they(understandably) don't have a role in WC3, and that I shouldn't care, but I do.
Why? Because they have such a big role in WoW, a major plot in pretty much every expansion, and a main plot in quite a few books.

Honestly i don't get this, who cares about WoW? Wc3 storyline is focused on Thrall, Arthas, and Malfurion mostly. All the other are kinda side characters, and the main antagonist is Archimonde. So why they have to put dragons in all of this? There are some dragon in the campaign and that is enogh to show that dragons are ancient strong creatures with an intellect. That's all, no need to create a dragon protagonist or main character as in WoW.
Also in melee, as creeps neutral hostile units, dragons are super strong.

For the other impression concerning models specifically i agree with some things.

Level 13
So why they have to put dragons in all of this? There are some dragon in the campaign and that is enogh to show that dragons are ancient strong creatures with an intellect. That's all, no need to create a dragon protagonist or main character as in WoW.
Also in melee, as creeps neutral hostile units, dragons are super strong.
I didn't say that, I said quite the opposite. It's good that they don't have a role, there's a story reason for that. I said I care how they look, in melee maps, cause they are quite prominent in WoW, books and stuff. For example the Tuskarr don't look that good either, but I don't care that much, cause they aren't that prominent in WoW, books and stuff, and I'm fine with their looks.

Last edited:
Level 9
I didn't say that, I said quite the opposite. It's good that they don't have a role, there's a story reason for that. I said I care how they look, in melee maps, cause they are quite prominent in WoW, books and stuff. For example the Revenants don't look that good either, but I don't care that much, cause they aren't that prominent in WoW, books and stuff, and I'm fine with their looks.

Ah i misunderstood what you said, sorry. Well in melee you have to keep models proprotions not too big cause of gameplay reasons, but i think that we have to wait and test the new models in game to really ser how they looks.

Level 34
Hey! Those Fel orcs should be more red. With those effects, in the middle of battle between them and regular Orcs you can barely recognize them. More red shade on skin!
And where the hell is my Doom Guard? I must see it!
That Pitlord is awesome, both purple and green version. I am satisfied with everything else. Only i have issue with shade of red of chaos orcs

Level 34
Hey! Those Fel orcs should be more red. With those effects, in the middle of battle between them and regular Orcs you can barely recognize them. More red shade on skin!
And where the hell is my Doom Guard? I must see it!
That Pitlord is awesome, both purple and green version. I am satisfied with everything else. Only i have issue with shade of red of chaos orcs
http://www.kruithne.net/warcraft-reforged/images/demon/doomguard.png
http://www.kruithne.net/warcraft-reforged/images/demon/doomguardsummoned.png

Level 34
So that's the reason why he's the only one that has'nt a custom model, even when he appears in the whole prologue campaign? X'D i think actiblizz just won't add that prologue at all, or maybe add it as a purchasable campaign?

Level 13
Also there isn't a model for Sen'jin :c
Seems likely he'll be added in a future build. Or who knows, he might just use Vol'jin model. They could have also just left the whole campaign out. I hope that's not the case, and that it will be incorporated in RoC prologue, with fighting the naga instead of some weird ghost.
Aww, they don't seem to have added any new Naga units? Is there any hope we'll see new ones yet?

Would've been nice if they made custom models for Wc3's named Naga Sea Witches, at least.
No, but who knows they might. Named Sea Witches are just random names from melee maps, they have no story role, the only one which has, Lady Vashj, has her own model.

or maybe add it as a purchasable campaign?
They won't do that. If they make a purchasable, it'll be a 100% new campaign.

The thing I hoped for, but won't be happening :(, is that they will BfAise Kul Tirans in Rexxar Campaign. Replace Chaplins, Hydromancers, Rifflemen with like Tidesages, Druids with Drust Magic, Ashvane Enforcers etc....(Kul Tiras and Jaina's journey were really the only two good things in BfA :p)

Reactions: Rui

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I hope that's not the case, and that it will be incorporated in RoC prologue
TfT.
Named Sea Witches are just random names from melee maps, they have no story role, the only one which has, Lady Vashj, has her own model.
Serena Scarscale
Lady Serpentra
The others weren't important(?) or something.
The thing I hoped for, but won't be happening :(, is that they will BfAise Kul Tirans in Rexxar Campaign. Replace Chaplins, Hydromancers, Rifflemen with like Tidesages, Druids with Drust Magic, Ashvane Enforcers etc....(Kul Tiras and Jaina's journey were really the only two good things in BfA :p)
Well, they'd also have to change stats and stuff to make them different than normal Footmen, Chaplains etc.
Let's see if the other models for units of Quel'thalas are more than just graphic goodies.

Level 13
No RoC, it is set between RoC prologue and RoC orc campaigns.
Serena Scarscale
Lady Serpentra
The others weren't important(?) or something.
Still, they have no role in story or lore. Not a single line. And are just there to make the missions harder, and for variety. And they serve Lady Vashj like all Illidan's naga.
Well, they'd also have to change stats and stuff to make them different than normal Footmen, Chaplains etc.
Let's see if the other models for units of Quel'thalas are more than just graphic goodies.
It would be worth it anyway. They could keep Footmen and Knights the same just with a new skin.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
No RoC, it is set between RoC prologue and RoC orc campaigns.
Lorewise, yes but it's a custom campaign for TfT. You can't play it with RoC. That's what I meant. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Still, they have no role in story or lore. Not a single line. And are just there to make the missions harder, and for variety. And they serve Lady Vashj like all Illidan's naga.
Meaning, Reforged could give them roles.
It would be worth it anyway. They could keep Footmen and Knights the same just with a new skin.
The more models, the merrier.
I really hope Reforged won't be an actual graphics rehash patch and will actually make the campaigns gameplay better too.

@YourArthas I went to take a look. Some of those models look great! Any chance you guys will be porting some of them to Reforged? Or maybe even make new ones?

Nearly all of them will be ported(to replace stuff I hated from Reforged), surely new ones will be made to again replace the non loyal to old looking Reforged ones, I'll open some sort of project page when Reforged finaly releases to get more 'purist' modelers to the mod. I'll be trying to port them to new mdx format asap the moment we get some sort of converter tool from community

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
He is in command next to Archimonde in RoC campaign's last mission though not a random Pit Lord.
Hehe, hope Anetheron and Mephistroth will get their unique models too. Mephistroth seems a mischievous creature acting from behind the scenes like Kil'jaeden while Anetheron seems more like a warrior, brutish close combat berserk vampire type.

Level 13
Warcraft III Reforged Models - Murlocs - Flesheater, Nightcrawler, Plaguebearer, Warrior, Mutant

Well Azgalor seems to get a new model despite being just another randomly generated Pit Lord

He was in a final mission the big battle of Roc.

Anybody here willing to speculate on a release date?
Don't know if it's the right thread.
Do you think we'll get a precise release date at Blizzcon, or just a month of release?
What I'm fairly certain is that the Beta will start a week after Blizzcon, and that it will last at least a month, so November release is out of the question.
I would also look at WoW's patches/content to get a release date.
That being said everybody agrees that Classic phase 2 will release on November 27th. And WoW Classic is currently Blizzards most popular game. So I wouldn't expect a release at least a month after Classic phase launches, and at least a month before the next phase.
Also it's certain that BfA 8.3 will release circa January 15th.
So does anyone think it's realistic to release late December, just before Christmas? Is it to short of a time between the two massive patches?
What is definitely certain is that they won't release it a month after WoW 8.3 ,that's when they release 8.3 content and Ny'alotha. And after, on February 27th, if they follow the schedule, Classic phase 3.
So does April seem like the most likely candidate? Or maybe even may with 8.3.5 being a small pre-patch for WoW 9.0 and a good timing a few weeks before Reforged?
Will Reforged release before Classic's phase 4 circa May 27th? Or after it in late June/early July?
Thoughts anyone?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Warcraft III Reforged Models - Murlocs - Flesheater, Nightcrawler, Plaguebearer, Warrior, Mutant
Murloc mutant's sword looks a bit without texture. Is that supposed to be made out of pearls or the interior of shells?

But I can really say I love the looks of these murloc models. Let's hope their animations are going to stand up to their look and not be too similar between them.
Anybody here willing to speculate on a release date?
BlizzCon?
I'd rather they take their time and make it worth it from all points of view.

Level 13
Murloc mutant's sword looks a bit without texture. Is that supposed to be made out of pearls or the interior of shells?

But I can really say I love the looks of these murloc models. Let's hope their animations are going to stand up to their look and not be too similar between them.
It's obviously not finished texture, or cause of team color. And I'm pretty sure they'll have animations of Murkey from HotS.
BlizzCon?
I'd rather they take their time and make it worth it from all points of view.
You mean a week after Blizzcon 2020? That looks to far if you ask me, but isn't out of the question.
A week after Blizzcon 2019 is out of the question, cause there isn't an official Beta yet, and there will be, so it will start a week after Blizzcon 2019.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
He is in command next to Archimonde in RoC campaign's last mission though not a random Pit Lord.

That's the point, if he gets his own model because he had a specific role then Rage Winterchill, Ras Splinterspine, Baron Perenolde, Lady Darkscale, Serena Scarscale, Conjuros Rex, Fordred Aran, and the weeaboo Blademasters should have their unique models as well, since they are just as relevant as Azgalor in WC3

Status
Not open for further replies.