1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 patch wish list

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Ezekiel12, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Banish does the same thing. Unfortunately the Banish visual effect is quite unique and can't be mimicked without actually banishing the unit.

2. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Is this a joke? Last time I checked you can have a really long text on quests, but even so it's ridiculous to have anyway, no player wants to read a wall of text, for that he could just read a book. There's no point in having a long description for abilities at all, neither for items. Descriptions are supposed to be simple, concrete and concise. Pushing these kind of limits isn't what will make players play these maps. And one thing that looks like no one talks about and more important than length of text is the limitation of 100 moving units of each player and the glitch of being on a blocked cliff with different level from AI units and their units won't attack, they just stand still stuck on their cliff level. This is annoying for both players and mapmakers.

3. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Please make SetUnitX and SetUnitY functions work on units that have movement speed = 0 or movement type = NONE :)

4. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I personally would like Blizzard to please implement compatibility modes for some older versions of the game.

Compatibility mode allows to emulate / simulate bugs and / or features found in older versions of software. Implementing this could help improve custom map / campaign compatibility up to a point.

Such compatibility modes exist in Windows. They also exist in source ports such as SDLPoP (an open source port of Prince of Persia), or in the many source ports of Doom / Doom2 (such as GZDoom).

Windows XP SP3 - compatibility mode options.jpg SDLPoP - all original glitches enabled (required to perform tricks).jpg GZDoom - strict Doom compatibility mode enabled.jpg

5. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    face fucking palm. every single char matters, even color tags, even game-related tags. limit should be increased. U're absolutely incompetent to speak about it - get some experience first .

6. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Use SetUnitPosition instead.

@Draco, you are correct in that length of text strings should be capped at the displayed text length and not at the source text length. But please don't get all defensive and stuff about it. No reason to cuss and try to humiliate the guy.

7. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Typical butthurt guy that can't handle criticism, fails to prove his point and have no other choice rather than commit ad hominem falacy. You don't know what I know, so hold yourself man.
    I already knew this, but what the hell is your point here? If you want to make your item tooltip to fit don't use many colours codes....
    Maybe with these new natives setting item ability level that someone suggested it would make sense to increase the limit.
    You're the know it all, the god himself and the authority, please teach me senpai:p. I'm pretty sure I have more experience than you, as a mapmaker and as a player. In a mapmaker's perspective you might make long ass wall of texts on abilities and items, but you just don't get it, in a player's perspective they don't want/like to read them when they are missing all the action, and even when they read them, they still don't understand what the item or ability is about. So you see, it's just not pratical to make long texts.

8. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Please keep the discussion on topic. No need to talk about who has more experience than the other.

9. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Funnies thing thats he still missed the point of my message. Sigh.
    On topic, maybe we could get return value out of UnitDamageTarget native, finally. It returns real amount of damage the target received, which would solve tons of issues with damage engines

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Wrda I don't care what you think the point is. I know I need that and it's very useful not only to me. Draco might have been aggressive towards you but so have you been towards me.
    I have abilities which are linking with others to form combos. There is enough space for what I had to write until now but for items, especially artifacts, I want to write the history for them like in the TfT along with the stats and ability they give. There's not enough space to write all that. So, please, refrain from such comments because you don't think what ever I don't care. I did not ask for something to be taken out of the game. I've actually asked for something constructive.

11. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    hmm how about something that doesn't affect gameplay but massively increases world editor potential?

-add all WoW Icons to Wc3 MPQ!

we can never have too many icons :)

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Transparent doodads/destructibles/covering units when other units are behind them, when?

13. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Occlusion in WC3? You could somewhat trigger that by hiding destructables in a 3 dimensional angle between the camera and the focal point, but it could be prone to desyncs.

14. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Just a possible compiler feature to support by JASS2:

My basis for this proposal is that they have touched it a bit so that typecasting via shadow globals no longer work?

Code (vJASS):

function bot takes nothing returns nothing
        call BJDebugMsg ("Bot code")
    endfunction

function foo takes nothing returns nothing
        call bar()
    endfunction

function bar takes nothing returns nothing
        call BJDebugMsg ("bar code")
        call bot()
    endfunction

Basically, one can call functions below it.

15. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    a runtime ExecuteFunc(dynamic_string) would conflict with that feature

16. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    ^^ @WeirdEditor

In what manner would it do so? I only see the feature above being implemented at compile-time.

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

18. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ahahah
    Ye, go ahead, the more limits around the more people love it. Not to speak Blizzard's greedy already cost them a lot starting from Dota disappearing.

19. Kolladan Stormrage

Kolladan Stormrage

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd like to see the normal (not the retarded one) WTS (text) export-import in WE, which will not mess strings order with a little change, so importing wts things won't be so retarded

20. Napoqe

Napoqe

Resources:
    Resources:
    What you can add is the possibility of being able to make several abilities with the same base ability.

I wish that have in the options in the object editor, have the name and description available in several languages. Have in the forms, place them to fill in English and others to fill in other languages. If the user is using Warcraft 3 in a language other than not be in the English, and the map is available in multiple languages with the same file. It can see in the name and description on the language that it defined in Warcraft 3.