1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 patch wish list

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Ezekiel12, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Would .midi support be hard to implement? I think I attempted to play a .midi in wc3 once and it just did a lot of noise =P

2. fenix140

fenix140

Resources:
    Resources:
    Adding - another optional list :wink: :

Undecided/Unfinished
    Undecided:
    - If possible, make that custom skills of load and unload (units), can be used instead of the standard skills.
    - Implement a native that allows cast any spell immediately without having to make the animation, interrupt an order or wait a while to channeling, likewise for an attack.
    - If possible, implement manipulable passive skills with detonators and cooldown. Expample: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/.../passive-ability-cooldown-best-method-275068/
    - Allow to any unit, decoration, item, etc., can change their height to negative values using detonators, so they can be placed under the ground.

Unfinished:
    - Fix the problems of the ability to harvest gold and wood, so that it can change its attributes in each level.

Other:
    - If possible, add new skills that may have the effect of an update, such as increasing the harvested wood, increase the range attack of an unit, enable or disable an attack, etc.
    - If possible, have a native that can hide a specific buff shown in the interface of a unit.

Greetings...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  3. MetalKing1417

MetalKing1417

Resources:
    Resources:
    On the passive abilities with cooldowns- can you also fix it so that the Orb abilities (as in those based on orb of lightning/slow/darkness) also work on auto targeted units instead of manual targets?

Other things I would like-

Ability to make any ability with an icon invisible or visible
    All abilities respond to techtree requirements and levels (for example, phoenix fire's ground version ignores techtree requirements.)

4. Mike7742

Mike7742

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't really know if it's been listed yet or not since I'm not paging through 17 pages of massive posts, but I would like to see...

- Hp/Mp regen values as actual values somewhere on the UI, preferably at the bottom of a hero/unit's stat bar.

-Mana bars over unit heads much like health bars.

-Attack speed values displayed instead of the usual "Very Fast" listed hopefully as number of attacks per second or something.

-Actual move speed values, again instead of the standard "Fast, Very Fast" etc.

All of which could be toggle-able, likely in options.

5. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    they need to fix my sound cause i have no and my world editor cause i hardly save and not test maps and i cant import stuff

6. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Increase in map size limit, new campaigns and new models. I am simple man..

7. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The first was already established to happen. There's no reason to make the second as all history is told in WoW.
    The third is an option I don't really like, as new, possible more HD models would collide with all resources you may import to your map, and even make old maps unplayable.

8. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    First of all I was talking what I want, and I don't need anyone to "explain" it to me why it won't happen. Second, I know about map size limit increasing, I saw it on the frontpage. About campaigns, there is countless stories to be explored, maybe War of the Satyrs, First War, Nerubian War etc. Don't be so cornered. And who said anything about HD models? Make them in the same way you made them 12 years ago..

9. KOYK GR

KOYK GR

Resources:
    Resources:
    1) Enable Multiplayer Game Cache !!!!! at least for Lan if not for battlenet.
    2) Add support for advanced shaders and real time shadows and bump textures.
    3) add walls and gates
    4) make the AI use ships and transports to attack and expand ther base on islands
    5) allow players to sell items to other players from ther inventory (for rpg maps)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  10. maxxxus

maxxxus

Resources:
    Resources:
    better graphics, can use sc2 and wow models, add another program besides wc3 world editor like modeling or something. etc.

11. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    1)I know nothing about the first, what is it used for?
    2)I really doubt the war 3 engine can handle something like that.
    3)Walls and gates... why not?
    4)Can't agree enough on this, even if it can be done with triggers, it should be included in the mele triggers.
    5)Can be done with triggers.

1) Better graphics is such a wide concept... just how much is better anyway?
    2) NOT going to happen. It would require a new engine which would cost as much as making a new game, thus making it more useful (in money terms) to make a new game.
    3) There a modeling tool for warcraft 3 made by blizzard. It cost money. For skinning you have photoshop (which also cost money) or paint. I don't know... what else could there be left?

12. KOYK GR

KOYK GR

Resources:
    Resources:
    1) Check this out (hive link)

2) check the ENBseries and tell me if they can't. i believe they can if they update the engine,how hard can it be? its blizzard!

5) how?? sent me a link plz thanks

13. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You can't just update an engine... It's either work with one engine to it's limits or use a better engine that costs more.
    In other words, making anything beyond certain point of graphic, would need an entire new engine, which thus would cost:
    a) Lots of money
    b) Render all models from the old engine useless
    c) Require a complete remake of the whole game in that engine

So, No. To that extent, blizzard may better start warcraft 4 if they intend to have a graphic improvement (which I would insta buy by the way...)

dynamic shadows are something much more complex than people think... If it was possible to implement right now, somebody would had already done a dynamic shadow system with JASS or in a mod. But no system nor mod does this, because it's beyond the game's engine.

Well, about point 5, I know it's certainly possible, but I don't know any system that does this. I know though it can be done as I made such system for one of my maps (eons ago) but it was so simple that it barely worked.
    Somebody here better with triggers may help you instead.

Oh, so game cache are those things too change map... wouldn't that require that everybody has the map? It's a bit difficult, but interesting idea.

14. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Very hard, WC3 uses fixed shader pipelines and upgrading it raises system requirements. If you want advanced shaders go use SC2.

15. KOYK GR

KOYK GR

Resources:
    Resources:
    really? you can use windows 7 but you cant have the requirements for it? whats the point for the patch then? if not for users that use win7 and later. get out from your cave dude!! we are in 2016 :p

16. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, Warcraft originally start for older Windows, sending requirement sky high will kill the older generation computers playing the game.

17. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Why do you even debating on this? WC3 won't get any kind of HD update, forget it.

18. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The main answer is: China.

The majority of the playerbase is there, and a lot of them are still using older operating systems (especially the glorious Windows XP). It is Microsoft's fault for making paid/painful upgrades. Everyone--programmers, users, even Microsoft--has to pay the price for it. Support has improved over time, but there is still that big split.

That isn't to say that changes can't be made! They just have to be extra careful with it.

19. Bogdanov89

Bogdanov89

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would love if we could select more than 12 units at once.
    Repeating the same attack move order to 4+ army control groups is lame :(

Also some detailed hero and unit balance, make all the races more even.

20. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    More than 12 player please! Mostly to make the use of fake players easier.