• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Getting rid of spikes (from engineering upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
The art fields from the original ability(ies) (not your actual custom ability) affect your custom ability.

To remove or replace the spiked carapace from any custom engineering upgrade you have to do this change on the original ability (Either use another buff or change the fields of the engineering upgrade buff). And it works the same for carrion swarm ability.

f72540f6e5.png

Level 12
Well, when I changed the fields of the original buff - it worked.
Then I coppied the edited version of Engineering Upgrade (Buff), and reset(ed) the normal one to default. Made my custom ability use the custom buff, but that didn't work..

What's wrong with it?

Level 12
The buff used by the original engineering upgrade will be used on all custom engineering upgrades.

Same thing with carrion swarm (which is a bit more well known, which is why I also mentioned that, in case you knew about it and let you figure out what's up with it.).

So as far as I know, if you want to have different art models for different versions of custom engineering, it won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.