Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 patch wish list

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Ezekiel12, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It is trash though... This is not SC2.

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It may be but I for instance don't have that much time to die learning SCII's (+other annoyances like the EULA). Love SCII as much as you want but spare us the fandom.

3. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    And what does this have to do with using JASS directly to bypass the crap GUI editors in WorldEdit? Nothing stops you using notepad (or Mac equivalent) to write an AI script...

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sure, for people who actually know something about that. I fancy the GUI because it's for idiots like me.
    I've nothing against upgrading the World Editor but at least keep the good ol' stuff there too.

6. EdwardElric

EdwardElric

Resources:
    Resources:
    ahm i right here?

recently faced another issue, don't know if it's known:
    in the World Editor Sound Editor, when you import a sound & say use sound, you see the sound length in milliseconds. when you remove this sound again from use and import & import another sound with another length, but with the same name, the milliseconds length of that new sound is exactly the same milliseconds length of the old sound. tried it several times with different sound files, just named identically & the milliseconds always stayed the same. as soon as i changed 1 letter, the milliseconds also changed. i guess it is an internal problem with not setting a variable to new imported sounds when they have identical names to sounds imported & removed again. so, nothing big, but just faulty...

7. Azsure

Azsure

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My wishlist for Blizzard to fix is a bug concerning Blight on maps bigger than 256x256, whereas structures requiring blight won't be able to be built inside blight except for the bottom right side of the map, this ocurrs when trying to make a terrain larger than 256x256, and attempting to build undead buildings (An Altar of Darkness over blight for example) on the top left side of the map, for example.

[​IMG]

8. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    There is a reason World Edit does not natively support maps bigger than 256*256...

9. Azsure

Azsure

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Plenty of features are not natively supported by vanilla Warcraft, yet we still wish to have them fixed by following patches, such as the save exploit. Besides, Blizzard has hoped to bring in hotfixes that benefit modders since 1.27 came out, so I don't see it out of the box to wish they fix another one too

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  10. Map Designer

Map Designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    My wish is nerf Warden Blink, then blade master, then demon hunter.

Also, fix animation of corrupt treants so that they can look correctly while attcking. lol

11. Map Designer

Map Designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I think ring of protection +3 is not as good as tailsman of evasion. Evasion is better. I think ring of protection + 4 or +5 should have lower level equal to that of evasion.

12. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ring of protection +3 (assuming it adds 3 armor) increases effective HP for attack damage by 18%. Talisman of evasion (assuming it adds 15% evasion) increases effective HP for attack damage by 17.6%. Ring of protection armor stacks so multiple helps. Talisman of evasion multiplies current effective HP, including armor) unlike more armor which is only additive toughness and as such will generally add more toughness as long as the hero has any armor. Talisman of evasion does not stack, it also is useless on a high level Pandarian Brewmaster or Demon Hunter as the evasion passives overwrite it at high levels. Talisman of evasion is also random, and so it may or may not reduce damage when it matters based on chance.

13. Map Designer

Map Designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    but what does being stackable has to do with being equally good. lol. I think the fact tailsman of evasion works good with all ring of protections make him better than all of them. it can even be as good as +5 or even more (you know what let me calculate now)

upload_2017-6-16_3-34-18.png

why?

14. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The game was not designed for it. If it was, then Blizzard would have let World Edit set it to that size. This is apparent by mechanics like blight bugging out with maps that size.

15. IloveRoC

IloveRoC

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've read some rumours that blizzard might balance something in reign of chaos?

Please, be very careful if you are going to touch ROC, it doesn't need any major balancing to ruin the game and make it tft like.

Only real changes could be forwarder towards night elves expanding, it is way too easy and hard to counter.

But please, do not touch the experience gains, towers, armor types/attack types.

Thank you very much, if you even bothered to read.

16. letruck

letruck

Resources:
    Resources:
  17. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Same issues as with blight applies for Root ability on nelven buildings. What i would like to see is player cap raised to like 15, it would be handy on roleplaying maps, others would find in nice too. They also could add colours people want from WC2 or something. Ofcourse if wc3 engine allows that, i have no idea what exact limit is, but game has 14 forces including the neutral and hostile so....

18. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    WC3 already has 16 players, just 4 of them are reserved neutrals of sort. StarCraft II fixed this problem by making slots more flexible so there 14 and I think even 15 player games are possible.

19. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well only hostile and neutral are needed are 2. Everything else could be potentially(with some cahnges and fixes so it doesnt cause issues) be used for player slots.
    Aside of that tho, can we have that native replay updater that you used once in 1.27? I mean came on, nothing has changed that would break the replays, every unit and spell values are still the same. Blizz could also make some kind of unit stat library for replay purposes that would just load proped sets for certain update, if you come around changing anything. Which Blizz didnt do yet, i want to browse my older replays without jumping around to different version by myself. If it was possible once why not update them again?

Another thing to add would be switch between Archives and Chatlog in replays. It would be handy in several cases and would be rather easy to implement.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  20. Kazeon

Kazeon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I wish the maximum number of created text tag will be increased to like... umm... 8912? I don't know what it will take tho. But limit of 100 is pretty far from enough for me.