• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] War of the Clans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deathcaller
Q - Death Rush
Dashes towards a target enemy, dealing 40/80/120 damage. Cd of 3s.

W - Dark Flames
The Deathcaller spawns flames (a la Factory) wherever he goes, dealing 20/40/60 damage per second to enemies.

E - Tainted Touch
Every 5 seconds, an attack deals bonus initial 20/30/40 damage and 40/60/80 damage over time while slowing its target.

R - Dark Ascent
Channels in the air, dealing 100 damage per second for 3 seconds to nearby enemies. Dark Flames' damage is doubled for the duration.

Level 10
@kakazu We have 8 strength heroes, 8 intelligence heroes and 7 agility heroes. I admire your zeal to give us some ideas about intelligence heroes, but 1 agility is what we need. Zalgaris sounded pretty cool, try to work on him and replace murclocks with something else, we're working in a different universe than Warcraft.

@mythic Keep bringing new ideas, very interesting.

Level 12
Well i have some ideas to replace zalgaris second ability : fear and terror (unleash an energy blast who confuse enemy units ) , rage of shark (increese movement and attack speed )

Level 10
Thanks everyone for great suggestions!

We decided that Mug'hor the Trapper will be Agility hero for Norgseer Clan with following abilities:

1. Throwing nets - throws a barrage of nets at aoe point, catching all units and immobilizing them for 2 sec.

2. Light Step - Causes the Trapper to rapidly move to a target location causing damage to all enemies in target area and stunning them for a few seconds.

3. Prey - Increases Mug'hor's movement speed at expense of his defence capablities.

4. Bounty - For each hero kill hero recieves 150 gold and 4 bonus point to all stats.

We will be also replacing current Norgseer intelligence hero with Ugrok the Slavemaster with following abilities:

1. Whip - Ugrok whips his fellowers with his spiked whip, convincing them to march forward. Increases damage and movement speed, but deals 5% hp to whipped targets.

2. Slaves - Summon a bunch of mindless slaves, each slave is different. There are 3 types of slaves:
Goblin - weaker hp, fast weak attack, chance to bleed
Miner - medium attack, moderate hp
Silent Orc - strong attack, moderate attack, bash chance

3. Scavenge - Fellowers will gether gold from corpses of dead enemies. There is 20% chance to get 1 gold upon killing an enemy troop.

4. Bribe - Ugrok offers gold to enemy troops and converts them into his own forces. Each level gives bigger chance of success.

And dont sorry if your abilities are not listed above. We took some of them to upgrade other heroes too.

Last edited:
Level 10
Takakenji is working on them, but it will take some time. Wa666 could you please post that thread with all heroes as MogulKahn asked? After all you are the spell designer.

And btw Chaosy made that Massacre and Scavenge spell, we needed. Expect my pm soon.

Level 24
Heroes

WARRIOR HEROES
Bloodbane: Warlord
Abilities:-----------------------
War Stomp: damages and stuns nearby enemy ground targets.
Out for Blood: Increases movement speed by 100 points and makes the hero invulnerable.
Savage Aura: Nearby friendly units return melee damage back at the attackers.
Blood Bound: Connects friendly targets together, causing them to distribute damage amongst each other; and each kill will restore the whole group's hit points.

Stormfell: Berserker
Restless Slashes: Strikes multiple targets at once, can also strike himself if their are not enough targets.
Fury: Increases attack rate, but all reduces damage resistance.
Gambit (Might revamp): Enemy melee units attacking the hero have a chance to become stunned.
Insanity: The less health the hero has, the more hit points he steals with each attack; also at lower health, he gains cleaving attacks.

Direfury: Defiler
Deadly Net: Fires a net onto an enemy target, dealing damage and immobilizing the target.
Chase: Greatly increases the movement speed of nearby friendly units for a short time.
Domination: Grants a chance to reduce damage taken.
Wolves' Wail: Causes nearby enemy units to stop in their tracks and attack severely slower for a set time.

Skullcrush: Reaver
Beatdown: Strikes, dealing damage, stuns the target, causes a short silence and attack damage reduction for short time.
Terrifying Roar: Shouts to cause nearby enemy units an attack damage reduction, and armor reduction for some time.
Crush: Grants a chance to deal damage in an area against nearby enemy ground units.
Boiling Point: Activate to increase total hit points, attack damage, and grants spell immunity for a short time.

Norgseer: Bonewrecker
Shockwave: Sends a wave rippling a in a line, dealing damage to enemies caught in it's wake.
Blademaster: The hero spins his blade around him, dealing damage to all nearby enemy units, and granting spell immunity for a short time.
Bulwark Aura: Passively increases nearby friendly units' armor.
Wrecking Blow: Each attack has a chance to deal additional damage along with a stun or slow.

Dreadfire: Undefeated
Mutilate: Attacks a single enemy unit, dealing damage, and healing the hero.
Fierce Stance: For a short time, increases both armor and life regen.
Counterstrike: Returns melee damage back at attackers.
Undying: After dying, the hero will return back to full health.

Spiritar: Untamed
Maw: Strikes at a target, dealing damage then causes continuing bleeding damage.
Feast: Eats nearby corpses to restore his own health.
Frenzy Aura: Increases nearby friendly units' movement speed.
Charge: Charges at a target enemy unit, dealing damage and pushing back enemies he hits.

Mountain: Guardian of the Pass
War Order: causes all non-hero units in an area to attack and move faster, but with a lose of armor.
Reinforcements: Summons a group of warriors to fight for the hero.
Banner of Strength: Creates a flag on the battlefield which increases friendly target's attack damage.
Pact of the Pass: Nearby player-units that die will restore the hero's health.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
"Guardian of the Pass"
shouldn't it be "past"?

Either way, I think you could be a little more creative with some names. Naming a charge spell "charge" is kinda lame. Go for Unstoppable Force or something else more unique. This is just one of the names I picked randomly, it's not that it's the only one or the worst one.

Good that you show everyone the ideas though!

Level 15
"Guardian of the Pass"
shouldn't it be "past"?

Either way, I think you could be a little more creative with some names. Naming a charge spell "charge" is kinda lame. Go for Unstoppable Force or something else more unique. This is just one of the names I picked randomly, it's not that it's the only one or the worst one.

Good that you show everyone the ideas though!

Spell names are pretty unimportant if you ask me. And Pass and the Past are 2 completely different things...
I still need to read all of these heroes, then I am going to comment them, right now I am too busy ! =(
Btw, Vengeance is pretty weak hero title...

Level 15
I kind of like Guardian of the Pass title... I am really pleased how these heroes sound on paper, I can't wait to see INT heroes and upcoming beta map ! Keep up whit the good work ! =)
EDIT: Btw, can we expect every hero to have different model? If yes, what models are you going to use for these heroes !? =)

Level 24
MAGE HEROES
Bloodbane: Farseer (Might revamp)
Barrage: Sends bolts of magic in an area, dealing damage and stunning enemy units.
Conversion: Increases each attack with bonus damage, and killed targets will become spheres that attack enemies.
Mind Barrier: Activate to reduce damage taken by 50%, but also loses mana with each attack taken.
Tempest: Calls down waves of energy to deal damage to enemy units every few seconds.

Stormfell: Stormcaller
Chain Lightning: Sends a bolt of lightning to bounce from target to target.
Ethereal Call: Summons a group of frost wolves for the hero.
Stormfury Aura: Nearby player-units wielding mana gain a chance to purge an enemy upon attacking, also grants bonus damage.
Storm: Calls a storm on the battlefield, sending lightning bolts at enemy targets.

Direfury: Warlock
Consume: Deals damage to an enemy living unit, or heals a friendly undead one.
Fel Barrier: Turns invulnerable for a set time.
Life Drain: Sucks the life out of an enemy unit and grants it to the hero.
Demon: Summons a mighty demon from the sky.

Skullcrush: Seeker
Healing Wave: Heals friendly units with a bouncing effect.
Seeker Orb: Spawns a flying orb with extreme vision.
Spell Shield: Protects a group of friendly units from a harmful spell for a short time.
Recall: Teleports a group of units to the hero's location.

Norgseer: Slavemaster
Whip: Ugrok whips his followers with his spiked whip, convincing them to march forward. Increases damage and movement speed, but deals 5% hp to whipped targets..
Slaves: Summon a bunch of mindless slaves, each slave is different. There are 3 types of slaves:
Goblin - weaker hp, fast weak attack, chance to bleed
Miner - medium attack, moderate hp
Silent Orc - strong attack, moderate attack, bash chance.
Scavenge: Followers will gather gold from corpses of dead enemies. There is 20% chance to get 1 gold upon killing an enemy troop..
Bribe: Ugrok converts a group of enemies to his side for a set time.

Dreadfire: Necromancer
Bound: Immobilizing, damages an enemy target. also, if the target dies, it becomes a skeleton minion.
Servants of Death: Summons a group skeleton warriors on the field.
Cull: Kills an undead target to restore total mana.
Death and Decay: Damages everything in the area by a % of it's total hit points.

Spiritar: Shaman
Restoration: Heals a friendly target as long as it's not attacked.
Wisdom: Grants nearby friendly unit's mana regeneration but reduces attack damage.
Nature's Blessing: Grants life regeneration to nearby friendly units. The bonus is very high, but only to a certain percentage of health..
Mass Entangle: Entangles enemy units in the target area.

Mountain: Spirit Walker(Probably will revamp)
Spirit Vigor: Damages a single target, dealing damage and increasing the heroes attack damage.
Ancient Strength: Grants nearby friendly units bonus attack damage.
Sacred Cell: Turns a friendly unit ethereal, making it immune to physical damage, and slows the movement speed.
Ancestral Rage: Ancient dead spirits will swarms around the hero, dealing damage to enemy units.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, every hero will have different models. You'll see in the beta release.

Last edited:
Level 10
Wa666r there are no Mage Heroes lol. There are Strenght, Inteligence or Agility based heroes (Warchiefs of each clan).

Btw why is Dreadfire Inteligence hero "UNSURE"? I also thought about changing names of some clans, since Norgseer or Spiritar sound weird. Any opinions?

Wa666r there are no Mage Heroes lol. There are Strenght, Inteligence or Agility based heroes (Warchiefs of each clan).

Btw why is Dreadfire Inteligence hero "UNSURE"?

I think he's doing it like Coming of the Horde, and by Mage heroes I assume it's another word for intelligence based heroes.

Level 24
Yea. I just call "mage" instead of intelligence. It doesn't really make a difference. You requested so many changes with those heroes that I couldn't keep up. You got me confused with the Orange hero. Because right now there is a hero that is focused on nature magic for a clan that worships demons.

Level 10
Okay lets forget about all mage things. Shaman hero goes to Green (Spiritar Clan) and Warlock goes to Teal (Direfury), Spirit Walker goes Gray (Mountain) and finaly Necromancer goes to Orange (Dreadfire).

I thought we already talked about it like a month back.

I am also seriously considering revamping some heroes to suit their clans better. Warlock for example doesn't suit to Direfury Clan.

Level 12
For Mountain, i dont think the warlock is the best choice, you can make a hero something like Earth Mage and you can give him some ability like this :
Stone Barrier (release an energy wave who increese friendly units armore for a short time )
Great Stone strike (a powerfull single attack who deal damage and stunt enemy as well)
Stone Symbiose (the mage became a stone who has a great regeneration rate )
ultimate: Call of the Earth Mother (the mage summon a giant rock golem ready for battle )

Last edited:
Level 15
For Mountain, i dont think the warlock is the best choice, you can make a hero something like Earth Mage and you can give him some ability like this :
Stone Barrier (release an energy wave who increese friendly units armore for a short time )
Great Stone strike (a powerfull single attack who deal damage and stunt enemy as well)
Stone Symbiose (the mage became a stone who has a great regeneration rate )
ultimate: Call of the Earth Mother (the mage summon a giant rock golem ready for battle )

Isn't their hero Spirit Walker?

Level 12
Also i dont think far seer is the best choice for bloodbane, because are brutal orcs, far seer match better on spiritar, also for boodbane you can make something like Zargaros, orc monstruosity, An orc who was an experiment, ant it was found by bloodbane
Abilities:
Axe of Horrors (an powerfull single attack who deal 100\200\300)
Breath of Death (the monster release a wave of poison to kill enemy units )
Aura of Fear (decrese nearby enemy units movement and attack speed by 13\26\39%)
ultimate: Implosion (when activate this ability , the orc create an atraction field and attract the enemy units on him and after the monster and enemy die in a big explosion )

Level 10
@kakuzu Interesting ideas dude, i really like Zargaros idea, but Bloodbane are not exactly "brutal". They were defending their home for hundered generations and now they face another conflict, which can either destroy them or they emerge victorious.

Overall all orcs are brutal in nature and Bloodbane can select their own path to follow.

Choosing the Warlord as Warchief will give them more offensive and ferocious units and weapons able to expand their fight against other clans.

Choosing Farseer as Warchief will make Bloodbane more defensive and more concentrate on events aimed on reinforcing their position, economy and technology.

Choosing Spearmaster as Warchief will throw Bloodbane into bloody war with creatures stronger than any orc, the dragons. Broodmother Sintaria made her lair near Bloodbane 100 years back and have been terrorizing surrounding lands ever since. Hunting and burning everything she saw. Her clutch has grown ever since...

Level 12
Maybe you can use it Zargaros as bloodbane warchief because bloodbane orc follow him because of great fear they fell to him, or you can make Zargaros for DreadFire as some kind of darkness experiment, or you can use Zargaros for Mountain, they believe that Zargaros is a monster send by gods to help them .

Level 10
Maybe you can use it Zargaros as bloodbane warchief because bloodbane orc follow him because of great fear they fell to him, or you can make Zargaros for DreadFire as some kind of darkness experiment, or you can use Zargaros for Mountain, they believe that Zargaros is a monster send by gods to help them .

Yeah, I actually thought about using him as Dreadfire hero, since all grunts will have different bonuses and Dreadfire grunt bonus is "Dread Visage" - all grunts are wearing skull-masks, striking fear into their enemies and reducing their armor by 2.

Maybe we can do something like Zargos the Undefeated/Dreadlord/Immortal and some fear-abilities and fel flames and shit.

Level 12
How sound Zagaros Terrorbringer
Abilities
Breath of Death (the monster release a wave of dark poison to kill enemy units )
Fear Rage (all enemy units around the hero paralyse for 2\4\6 seconds )
Aura of Dark Terror (decrese enemy units movement and attack speed by 13\26\39 %)
Ultimate : Darkness Tribut (in eschange of his life , all enemy units around are burried into the demons dimension )
or : Demonic Mutation and use this :http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/demonic-rage-2-0-a-256987/

Level 2
Maybe you can try and make different grunts and units for each clan. And, how can I play as Humans :vw_wtf: I can't control them.

Status
Not open for further replies.