• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] War of the Clans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
You have to trick him.

184550-hot-girl-dolls-such-as-anger-7.jpg
Says: "Please do some godlike terrain Heinvers!"

Enough off topic on my part though.

Here is a preview of the 'new' control point system.

Level 3
About finding a terrainer, You could share an unprotected version of the map with all the sensitive stuff removed, just leave in the structures and terrain, then see if anyone can make some thing you like out of it, then copy and paste the new terrain over to the main map,

Level 10
HEY! I just wanted to inform everyone that so far over half the heroes' abilities have been completed. No hero will any longer share any of the same abilities, and all we be unique in their own fashion.:thumbs_up:

Awwwww sweet. I get the awesome Shaman icon!:grin:

If you need any unique icons, Heinvers said we can address it to his 2D workshop. Right Hein?

About finding a terrainer, You could share an unprotected version of the map with all the sensitive stuff removed, just leave in the structures and terrain, then see if anyone can make some thing you like out of it, then copy and paste the new terrain over to the main map,

Yeah good idea, but I really thought about whole map remake. Removing that weird lake in the middle and doing some more savannah/barrens stuff. Terrain also needs to be less flat, there should be for example cliffs on the seaside or lands near dragonspire should be darker with lava and shit. Here are some artworks for better imagination:

http://i40.servimg.com/u/f40/16/00/16/65/concep10.jpg
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/126/2/d/wasteland__commission__by_ehecod-d64attr.png
http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/306/9/a/fantasy_landscape__mountains_by_doppingqnk-d6sq6ee.jpg
http://images.forwallpaper.com/files/images/b/bb7e/bb7e7063/109637/art-volcano-rocks-lava-clouds-gloomy.jpg

Last edited:
Level 10
Honestly, i want whole map remade or reduced in size (all doodloads, building, units scale). If there will be humans, they will be very limited and current bases removed completely. We can't progress without awesome terrainer anyway so any votes/opinions are really out of table now. Let's chill down for now and put our attention on something else for now.

Level 3
I would recommend against discussing revamping the map from scratch, Until the new one is almost done, it's bad marketing, and damages the beta's playability, by making it seem wasteful,

I would also recommend getting a new Beta version out soon, with a focus on reduced clipping issues, and with the food limits and iron use integrated, to start getting gameplay feed back rather then risking nothing but talk of the clipping problems, After all it's useless to have a new map if everyone has moved on, or someone else gets a working map in the same genre out earlier,

Level 10
Alright, look at it in a different way. Im going to upload a new Test version today to show off our acomplishments, since many of you asked me to do so. Map revamp is a need, but we will deal with it later.

Test version is not however finished version so i ask everyone to not rudely insult the whole project.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

This looks very promising. Good luck everyone :)

Level 12
I really like the map , i mean 8 different clans fight for supremaci, awesome . Have you released a demo or a beta ?

Level 10
Im kinda short on time right now since school has started.

Currently still stuck on some bugs with new systems. We fixed something thanks to our coder Chaosy, but new issues come out instantly. Control point system is done and we are making smart-defence mechanism for each control point around the map.

Here is some foreshadowing:

Reinforce - Surrounds the control point with upgradable wooden barricades with one exit (circle shape). Barricades can be upgraded with spikes, paralysing poison (only Direfury), health and armor.

Outlook - Constructs an upgradable outlook at the control point making it immune to capture for as long as the outlook stands. Outlook can be upgraded 2 times, giving him more armor, health and bonuses to friendly troops.

(while constructed at the point, outlook knockbacks units to make build - space)

Control Point upgrades are meant to protect key positions from capture. They should be able to hold enemy troops for a long time without player support and greatly weaken enemy lines. Also gives players more strategy experience, since they need to use siege weapons, explosives or special tactics in order to defeat their opponent.

Level 10
Wa666r will soon finish spells for all heroes except one and we decided to ask YOU, what the last hero should be.

Information: Agility based hero, Norgseer Clan, ranged or melee.

Write your ideas in comments below, we will choose the best one :)

Level 12
I have some idea for spells choose if you like it : Cloud of Ilusions ( create a magic cloud and the enemy in this cloud has 25/35/45 % chances to miss ) Deadly Greeding (increese movement and attack speed for a short time ) , golden armore (a passive abillity who increese armore with each level ) or silver aura (refflect a percent of the damage taken by your hero ) and ultimate curse of the gold (when activate all non-hero enemy units become gold )

Q - Thunder Strike
Next 3 attacks have increased range and cleave, while dealing more damage to the primary target.

W - Rising Thunder
Each attack gives 10/12.5/15% attack speed, up to 5 times before resetting to 0.

E - Phasewalk
Reduces damage taken by 10/15/20% for 3 seconds and disables Rising Thunder stack reset while adding two stacks.

R - Stormsphere
Nearby enemies get damaged per second based on their max health.

Level 12
Q - Thunder Strike
Next 3 attacks have increased range and cleave, while dealing more damage to the primary target.

W - Rising Thunder
Each attack gives 10/12.5/15% attack speed, up to 5 times before resetting to 0.

E - Phasewalk
Reduces damage taken by 10/15/20% for 3 seconds and disables Rising Thunder stack reset while adding two stacks.

R - Stormsphere
Nearby enemies get damaged per second based on their max health.
These spells are more like Stormfell .

Level 12
Also i have some spells for an assassin type : hide in shadows (similar with bladesmaster wind walk ) , poisoned strike (deal damage over time ) aura of cunning (increese attack damage attack speed of nearby friend units ) and ultimate : darkness predator (for 60 seconds time become night and all the enemy become targets for your hero )

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
An edited version of Spiked Carapace might also work for an assassin. I mean something like "Hidden Blades", which deal damage with each attack.
As ultimate I'd suggest an strong attack which deals much damage - since an assassin is skilled in killing targets with only one perfect strike.

Very promising project, btw. Keeping an eye on this.

Level 10
Interesting ideas everyone, but as Heinvers said, agility based heroes should be more set as hit&run tactics. Norgseer is the wealthiest clan, they can get anything they need. The hero can be some shadow mercenary-like assassin or a guy plaing with explosives or axe-thrower, maybe some trapper or slave-master. Norgseer is also next to the Red Sea and they know the art of trade and fishing.

Last edited:
Level 15
Here is mine:
Urgok, the Slavemaster

Blood Surge
Urgok pumps up, granting him maximum movement speed and the ability to knockback all units he collides with a short distance. Deals damage and slows if the target is an enemy.

War Banner
Places a standard on the ground, empowering nearby allies while slowing enemies with attack-and move speed.

Hellcry
Causes a tremendous scream of hate and rage, stunning and damaging nearby enemy units around Urgok. Enemies further away will get stunned for a longer duration and take more damage.

Domination
Urgok dominates an enemy hero, forcing it to do his bidding for a short duration. However, the use of active spells and items are disabled.

EDIT: Damn, I just read that you wanted stealthy, hit and run based hero... well, maybe you can use this one for someone else?

So here is my second try:
Muggor Blindaxe, the Trapper

Shred
Strike all adjacent hostile targets dealing damage and stealing armor.

Flash Step
Causes the Trapper to rapidly move to a target location causing damage to all enemies in target area and stunning them for a few seconds.

Summon War Boars
Summons 3 uncontrolable boars that will stay for x attacks and will deal damage based on your agility.

Cloud of Dust
Conjures a dust cloud at the target location, enemies stuck whiting the cloud will be nearly blinded, and have their accuracy reduced, move speed reduced and and have short-lived illusions double of them created that last x seconds, that deals x damage and takes x damage.

Last edited:
Level 12
Tallungar the merciless : poisoned strike (you said that norgseer are good fishers , this poison is obtained from murlocs , this spells paralyse an enemy for 15/25/35 seconds ) , blink (because an assassin is imprevisible , he can be anywhere , even at your back ) , assassin training (assassins are trained to ignore pain and injuries , this is a passive ability who reduce damage taken by enemies ) and ultimate : awakening (Tallungar unleash his deadly skills to massacrate his enemies , Tallungar receive some damage points bonus and become 10X faster )

Level 10
Here are the other 7 agility heroes:
Agility Heroes:

Spearmaster: Focused on high DPS and debuffing

Ability1: Piercing Rain: Sends spears flying in all directions, dealing damage per spear. But the
hero will be unable to attack for a short time.

Ability2: Eagle's Intuition: All nearby friendly ranged units gain increased attack damage.

Ability3: Poison Saturation: Each attack deals damage over time and slows the enemy's movement speed.

Ult: Toxic Spear: Fires a spear that exposes a noxious toxic when hit. The toxic substance spread across multiple units in the area, reducing attack rate, movement, armor, and take periodic damage.

Illusionist: Focused on using confusion for hit-and-run

Ability1: Crippling Strike: deals damage then causes reduced movement speed, attack damage, and attack rate.

Ability2: Phantasm: Turns ghostly, able to attack and cast spells without invisibility breaking. Lasts a short time.

Ability3: Split Image: Creates a copy of himself, the copy takes extra damage and only deals a portion of damage.

Ult: Mass Invisibility: Turns nearby friendly units invisible for a set time.

Hunter: Focused on dealing high damage at range

Ability1: Kill Shot: fires an arrow, dealing damage and a short stun. Also increases attack rate if the target dies.

Ability2: Escape: grants increased movement speed and invisibility for a short time.

Ability3: Focused Aim: Each attack has a chance to deal extra damage.

Ult: Archer's Fervor: For a short time, sight is increased, attack range is doubled, and more damage.

Shadowdancer: Focuses on dealing heavy damage, quickly.

Ability1: Backstab: Teleports to an enemy unit, and deals damage and a stun; or just teleport to a friendly unit.

Ability2: Shred: deals damage around the hero, also silencing the enemy for a short time.

Ability3: Deadly Dance: Chance to avoid an attack and deal extra damage.

Ult: Shadow's Embrace: Activate to increase to double attack damage and each attack will reduce armor.

Yellow: (ON HOLD)
Ability1:
Ability2:
Ability3:
Ult:

Deceiver: Focused on dealing high area damage

Ability1: Infernal Strike: Deals damage to an enemy unit, the enemy then fires waves of fire to it's allies for a short time.

Ability2: Iron Will: Increases attack rate for a short time.

Ability3: Raging Fire: Each attack gains incrementing damage against the same target. If the target dies, it explodes with magics of the Dreadfire Clan, dealing damage to nearby enemies.

Ult: Flamestalk: The hero burns nearby enemy units and moves faster for a set time.

Beastmaster: Focused on using beasts to do the main fighting.

Ability1: Evoke Great Wolf: Summons a wolf; melee attacker.
Level 1: Basic.
Level 2: Gains a bleeding ability.
Level 3: Gains Critical Strike ability
Level 4: Improved abilities.

Ability2: Call of Quilbeasts: same as before.

Ability3: Beast Bond: As long as a beast from the Beastmaster is active he will gain increased attack damage and total health.

Ult: Rage of the Kodo: Summons a massive Kodo Beast. Has high HP, HP regen, high damage, but slowish. Has a passive that has a chance to deal damage in an area. An ability to reduce damage. And finally a lockjaw ability which stuns a single target.

Vengeance: Focused on dealing high dps through multiple means.

Ability1: Vengeful Strike: Deals damage. Enemies with 50% or less health will take more damage.

Ability2: Revenge: Turns ranged and deals high area damage for a set time.

Ability3: Flanking: Attacking enemies that are not attacking the hero take extra damage.

Ult: Hate: Summons orbs of hate that move around the hero, attacking enemies and spawning Hate Spirits from nearby corpses.

Note: Changes are not final.

Level 12
How sound a wise hero , a hero who use his powers to detect enemy , who use telequinese , What you think ?

Level 10
As i said before, sit down for a while, look at the other agility heroes to make sure your spells are not the same, then try to invent some unique hero with interesting spells.
Telequinese sounds too much like Inteligence hero, i would recommend you to get like 2-3 agility hero ideas and then put them here at once for us to tell you our opinion.

We're terribly spamming the comment section by talking about every single idea you come up with. Make a single comment and then edit it with new ideas. Sorry if my suggestion sounded offensive, never meant to.

Level 12
Sorry if i angry you , i just wanted to help, i am thinking of an inteligence hero because norgseer is the wealthiest clan and this hero work for them ,and you have already some agility heroes , i was thinking that an inteligence hero will make norgseer more interesting . This is the hero : Galianus : telequinese , detection (increese his vision for a while ) , magnetic shield ( reduce damage of enemies by 15/30/45) and ultimate : mental crush ( destroy a single non-hero enemy unit with 850 hp or less ) If you dont want this i have some plans for some agility hero such as : Zalgaris Oceans Predator : poisoned ensare (release a poisoned ensare who deal damage over time and the enemy unit cannot move ) summon a murloc , cleave and ultimate Tsunami (Zalgaris spin around and create a massive water wave to destroy the enemies ), Myrio Earth Hider : heavy stone ( an enemy unit become very heavy and connot move ) Hiding (Myriad hide in the earth and become invisible ) arth feel ( a passive ability who increese his vision ) and ultimate Call of the earth (the terrain around the hero become moving sand and the enemy around the hero sink on it ) Rakyr Sky Terror : storm blade (a powerfull single attack ) wild wind (the hero become light as the air , greatly increese movement speed ) , air blast (unleash a powerfull air wave and damage the nearby enemy ) , mirror force (for 60 seconds all enemy attacks are reflected ). Tell me your opinion .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.